s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I tried enabling lazy loading, unfortunately no difference. Thanks for looking into the issue!

The player is set to not auto-play but they may ignore the setting. You can try enabling lazy-loading as a workaround. Check out the add-on's options and turn on the deferred loading. It may not apply to every page, though.

Hi Joshy,
Thanks for your plug in it's been running great for the last few years.
We noticed in the last few days some AMAZON urls are not been parsed correctly.
We were not able to find a common cause and it's seems that it's related to the product that is been shared in amazon.

I was able to pin it down to two specific products, hope this help so troubleshoot this further:

1. Not working: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B076W3K9PH/
2. Working: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01J90P010/

It's seems this happens only in amazon.es, we did some random trials in .co.uk or .com and it worked as expected.

Could you try the above mentioned URL's and see if it works for you? Thanks!! :)

I can confirm that it doesn't work for me either. However, I don't know why. It's possible that some products cannot be embedded or that they have to be embedded using a different widget. Either way, there's no public documentation about it.

At the moment, the only workaround on XF1 is to post the link inside of a code block.

If you have an affiliate account, what code does it give you if you try to generate a widget/product link for that product?

Do you have the option to generate a "enhanced" product link in your Amazon Associate interface? Something that generates the same kind of widget as this add-on?

My forum uses xenforo version 1.5.14. We've been getting errors on some images loaded from Imgur. Images that have been downloaded to a PC or mobile first will sometimes load. But if a member tries to load an image directly from Imgur they will often get an error and the image will either load much later or not at all. And there are some occasions where not even the image address loads. Non computer based image pulls seem to be even worse. When attempting to insert an image, the member won't even see the list of options for the allowed image types.
None of the changes you implemented have solved this for us. Could you help us please?

Post the URL in a code block here and I'll try it on my test board.
Here is one example:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and another:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We get an error that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 7.16.29 PM.webp

Last edited:
@Mommydearest The links work fine on my board. Make sure you have the latest version of the add-on installed. If it doesn't work on the latest version, it may be related to your site's settings or your browser. Try another browser or a new profile with no extension, as adblockers and other extensions may block Imgur's scripts. If you send me a link to the page from your screenshot, I'll look into it.

My forum uses Xenforo 1.5.12...
- I've uploaded the Bb Codes & Buttons Manager files
- and run the Installation process
- BB Codes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes appears in Home / Options

Configuration options are missing, e.g.:
You can configure which categories of media sites you want installed in the Admin CP by going to Home > Options > s9e Media Pack. By default, all the media sites are installed. You do not need to reinstall after changing the configuration.

However, I can't see this: Home > Options > s9e Media Pack
- so I cannot de-select or select any of the codes...

I've tried to:
2) Import the Bb Codes bulk xml file (inside the "extras" directory) ;
- by "Installing Add-on" - by opening BBM_BbCode_MultiBbCodes_MCE4.xml - but this fails with an error: "The provided file is not an add-on XML file."
- by "Import Custom BB Codes" - by opening BBM_BbCode_MultiBbCodes_MCE4.xml - but this fails with an error: Please provide a valid BB code XML file.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get this working? :)

Kind regards
Ben

Thanks for the fast response, and although you are dead right, I have absolutely NO idea how that happened! :eek:
- I had no intention of installing another one....

Please excuse my "senior moment" as I retreat in disarray and go make another attempt, with the correct tools...

Kind regards
Ben

After posting here I tried just entering the url into the body of the message like I did in my first post (rather than using the image drop down from the tool bar) on my site and Imgur images load just fine. What does not work is the image drop down box with Imgur images when using this add on. Is this something new? In the past, we've always had to use the tool bar to insert images that weren't being uploaded directly. I think this is what has caused our confusion...

Last edited:
Top Bottom