s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
appears for me in chrome and firefox with all script blockers disabled.
i mostly use privacy badger and not a proper ad blocker and it seems to be catching the amazon code here.

appears for me in chrome and firefox with all script blockers disabled.
i mostly use privacy badger and not a proper ad blocker and it seems to be catching the amazon code here.
Ah yes, it appears when I disable my ad blocker. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

It's a shame though, I had intentions of putting some Amazon ads on my site in future.

It heavily depends on which block lists you are using. I fully expect s9e.github.io would be blocked via the various 'block social media' blocklists.

It heavily depends on which block lists you are using. I fully expect s9e.github.io would be blocked via the various 'block social media' blocklists.

Yep was something with my block list, default config is fine, thanks (y)

I fully expect s9e.github.io would be blocked via the various 'block social media' blocklists.

I'd hope not. The domain doesn't host anything of the sort so I wouldn't expect it to be blocked. Of course, social websites would still be blocked at the source, e.g. twitter.com and other associated domains.

Yep was something with my block list, default config is fine, thanks (y)

Would you care to elaborate? Is there a kind of filter that matches the s9e.github.io domain or any of its URLs?

I seem to be having an issue where this addon will make any javascript items move to the bottom of the page regardless of where I place them.

For example, this Amazon widget is stuck at the bottom of the page of my website when in the back end I've actually placed it in the empty space below the page content. ( https://onlyonecardiff.city )

The widget appears in the correct place when I disable the s9e addon.

By the way, the widget might appear in the correct place for you when you load the page for the first time but refresh the page and the widget will move to the bottom of the webpage.

Last edited:
The add-on doesn't move any elements of the current page. Any changes to the page would have to come from Amazon's script. I notice that Amazon's script uses document.write() which may cause similar issues, especially in recent browsers.

There's nothing I can do about it so if you need Amazon's script, your best option is to disable the Amazon media site in this add-on by adding "Amazon" in the list of excluded sites in your admin panel. Just search for "Excluded sites" in the top right search box and it will take you to it.

The add-on doesn't move any elements of the current page. Any changes to the page would have to come from Amazon's script. I notice that Amazon's script uses document.write() which may cause similar issues, especially in recent browsers.

There's nothing I can do about it so if you need Amazon's script, your best option is to disable the Amazon media site in this add-on by adding "Amazon" in the list of excluded sites in your admin panel. Just search for "Excluded sites" in the top right search box and it will take you to it.
My apologies, I just disabled the s9e addon and tried it again and found the problem happening even without s9e being enabled.

Thanks for the quick answer anyway. :)

I'm guessing the Excluded Sites thing won't really help me then?

No, it won't help. I'm not familiar with Amazon's widgets (their documentation doesn't appear to be public) but you should check out your associate account for an updated version of their widgets. The script you linked seems really outdated.

For anyone having the same problem, I discovered it was the addon [bd] Cache. It has a setting to move javascript to the bottom of the page, just untick this and the problem goes away.

I'd hope not. The domain doesn't host anything of the sort so I wouldn't expect it to be blocked. Of course, social websites would still be blocked at the source, e.g. twitter.com and other associated domains.
It looks like 'EasyPrivacy' filter list has this rule:
||github.io^$third-party,subdocument

So it isn't targeting s9e.github.io directly, just every sub-domain off github.io

Heads-up: I'm currently experimenting with alternative ways to compute a tweet's height. If you notice that tweets are the wrong height (either cut-off or too much white space below it) send me a link to a post that displays the tweet and the exact version of your browser.

Edit: actually I've just updated all the iframes so let me know if you notice anything different with tweets, Facebook posts, Reddit comments, etc...

For some reason several of our users are still experiencing tweets being cut off. This is on version 20180323, btw.

One of our customers was able to give more detail, including code and screenshot here:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga...-with-rotc-this-morning.393169/#post-10394293

Thanks for any suggestions on fixing this!
Ray

@Solari For context, there are three types of issues with dynamically-sized embeds like Twitter's:
  1. The tweet is entirely blank.
  2. The tweet is displayed but not redimensioned at all.
  3. The tweet is displayed and redimensioned, but it's slightly off.

In the past, I've had some issues with calculating the correct height of a tweet across browsers because of inconsistencies in their implementation. Nowadays, I think the method I use works consistently on all modern browsers. That solves the third type above, which leaves the first two.

If a tweet is entirely blank, the likeliest explanation is that it's being blocked by an extension or a built-in adblocker. Firefox's "Tracking Protection" feature blocks content from Amazon and may interfere with other embeds too, although it does not currently block Twitter based on what I see here. The solution is usually to whitelist the current website or disable the extension for the relevant domains. As mentioned above, some automated content blockers are going overboard and blocking more than just ads and trackers.

If a tweet is not redimensioned (which is the case here) then it's a JavaScript issue. It could be that JavaScript is disabled for the current website/domain or that an extension prevents JavaScript from setting the tweet to its correct height. If possible, ask the user to check out their browser's developer console (the keyboard shortcut in Chrome and Firefox is usually Ctrl+Shift+J) and copy/paste all of the error messages. If they have any extensions installed, ask them to disable them and see if it changes anything.

You can also ask them to check out this test page and see if the tweet is displayed correctly on its own. If it's not, check out the developer console for errors.

@JoshyPHP -- As per #3 above, I found the culprit thanks to you setting up a test page and isolating it outside of us -- in our case it was referencing some non-existing elements (graphical and javascript-wise) from an old theme. I switched the customer to a new theme and the problem went away, yay!

Thanks for your help at sorting this out.

Props,
Ray

@JoshyPHP I've had a case where an album is being rendered incorrectly and linking to a NSFW image instead.

The album that should be linked is; https://imgur.com/a/jhEHi which had the following [MEDIA=imgur]id=jhEHi;type=album[/MEDIA] bbcode.
But the image is the following NSFW image: https://i.imgur.com/jhEHil.jpg (which also doesn't auto-embed properly).

This is with 20180323

:edit: it looks like this is old content with the old pre-XF2 embed id. The embed logic is failing and not seeing the 'type' bit. This is massive issue for older content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom