[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

Hey,

I was wondering. Could you provide details on how you could surround a part of the site with the adblock notice? Basically doing something like this around a <div>

PFBAjrY.png

I have exclusive options on my forum and would like users to disable adblock when they are using it. Thanks!

Since installing it 2 months ago, I have an increase in 100-150% in AdSense revenue:

x3s3.jpg

This add-on is so simple, but works great so far!

This sounds great but I'm intrigued because I would have thought anyone whose an adblocker is probably not going to click on ads. Or do you get the extra revenue just due to the ads being viewed?

Hey,

I was wondering. Could you provide details on how you could surround a part of the site with the adblock notice? Basically doing something like this around a <div>

PFBAjrY.png

I have exclusive options on my forum and would like users to disable adblock when they are using it. Thanks!
This is generally possible but will require some manual customizations. Do you know some basic javascript?

Ask him what other extentions he has installed in the browser. Maybe he has more than one adblocker.

The user showed me a screenshot of the installed extensions whereas the Adblock extension seems to be the only extension which blocks ads. So I am not sure which software, besides Adblock, could be responsible for blocking the ads.

https://pagefair.com/ is a company where you can register for free and get a code to add to your site. This code gives you statistics about how many visitors of your site uses ad blockers. It also allows you to optionally show "fair" ads to them within the original (blocked) ad space.
I hope your not using it? They were hacked yesterday, causing all sites that utilise it to instead serve malicious javascript prompting site users to download a malware infected executable posing as an Adobe Flash update.

I hope your not using it? They were hacked yesterday, causing all sites that utilise it to instead serve malicious javascript prompting site users to download a malware infected executable posing as an Adobe Flash update.

No, we are not using it now. But we will soon.
We however do not allow scripts hosted at other sites to be executed at our site (with a few exceptions). This is why we won't be affected by any hacks of external sites.

Last edited:
The user showed me a screenshot of the installed extensions whereas the Adblock extension seems to be the only extension which blocks ads. So I am not sure which software, besides Adblock, could be responsible for blocking the ads.
Ask him to disable the Avira extension and then to check if he can see ads.
How to do the latter?
This requires two things:
1. Alert type to be "Overlay"
2. Disallow to dismiss alert (it's a permission)
Yes, just post the details of how it would be done and that will be all I need, thanks!
Take a look at this
https://xenforo.com/community/resou...etector-how-to-create-custom-alert-type.3881/

Hello @rellect
I am facing an issue with your addon :
Only "Overlay" setting displays a warning popup.
If i select other choices : notice, floating message, Notification : Notice does not display and Adsense blocks are empty.

Hello @rellect
I am facing an issue with your addon :
Only "Overlay" setting displays a warning popup.
If i select other choices : notice, floating message, Notification : Notice does not display and Adsense blocks are empty.
What adblock extention do you use?
Some adblockers starts to include default filters to hide the warnings. I'm working on a solution.

Please click on my signature.
I set your addon to Overlay so it will work but other settings do not. Thank for support

Top Bottom