Referral Contests 2 by Siropu

Referral Contests 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.2.14

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I appreciate your taking the time to share that (no pun intended). As far as adding the code snippet in share_page_macros, does it matter where that's inserted in the file? And when you say 'wherever {url} was in the share buttons I have enabled, I added {$refurl} directly after' - do you mean it should be {url}{$refurl} for each share button I want to tweak?

And not to be dense here, but I'm assuming what this does is, instead of just sharing a link on a members social media account, they're sharing a link that, should someone click on it and end registering, they will be credited as the 'referrer' - have I got that right?

As far as adding the code snippet in share_page_macros, does it matter where that's inserted in the file?
I added the code directly under
Code:
<div class="shareButtons-buttons">
    <xf:contentcheck>

And when you say 'wherever {url} was in the share buttons I have enabled, I added {$refurl} directly after' - do you mean it should be {url}{$refurl} for each share button I want to tweak?
Yes!

And not to be dense here, but I'm assuming what this does is, instead of just sharing a link on a members social media account, they're sharing a link that, should someone click on it and end registering, they will be credited as the 'referrer' - have I got that right?
That is correct.

Also, make sure you switch out "ref" while setting the variable with whatever your "Referral URL parameter" is set to in your Referral Contests options.

On your last sentence - are you saying that the if I use {$refurl} I need to make sure that in the 'Referral URL parameter' is listed as 'ref'? In other words, if for some reason I had 'myreferral' listed as the 'Referral URL parameter', then I would use {$myreferralurl} ... am I interpreting that correctly?

On your last sentence - are you saying that the if I use {$refurl} I need to make sure that in the 'Referral URL parameter' is listed as 'ref'? In other words, if for some reason I had 'myreferral' listed as the 'Referral URL parameter', then I would use {$myreferralurl} ... am I interpreting that correctly?
I'm referring to "ref" in "?ref=" below:
HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.user_id">
    <xf:set var="$refurl" value="?ref={$xf.visitor.user_id}"/>
</xf:if>

If you used 'myreferral' as your Referral URL parameter it'd be:

HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.user_id">
    <xf:set var="$refurl" value="?myreferral={$xf.visitor.user_id}"/>
</xf:if>

There's probably an easier/better way to go about it but that's what I rigged up.

@Siropu One more bug, When guest user view member profiles then back to homepage then show invitation notice. If view another member profiles then show currently viewed member invitation notice. I think this should not show Referral invited by XXX user when while browsing the site? Should be show only when enter this site with profile link from 1st visit and not randomly change invitation notice.

Siropu updated Referral Contests 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added option to apply referral link to social media share icons.
Added a "custom" reward type that can be used for digital and physical prizes.
Added native XF support for "Enable copy to clipboard button" option.

Bugs Fixed
Using member profile as a referral link will change the referrer if the visitor views the profile of a different member after viewing the original referrer's profile.
Using the option "Display invitation message to referral" with "Use profile page as referral...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu One more bug. User can not Register with invitations link. User make Fields up all box then when click Register button then register page Redirects back to again register page but user are not Registered and some time this are stand by on register page. Also Email and Referrer autocomplete on registration page with invitations link but this fields should not be editable any more.

Last edited:
How it will work if my forum will be closed for registration, ? Or I want to add a payable registration or by invitation, would this be possible?

It has a built in invitation only system. If you have a paid registration add-on, I don't know how it will work with it.

Top Bottom