Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

That would be cute if its true - you would basically be paying $40 for 21 months - i.e. buy a licence, after the 12 months, wait another 9 months (a few days under) then pay $40 to renew for another 12 months, then wait another 9 when it expires before renewing ..... repeat until done.

Why are we waiting 9 months? You have under 12 months to renew.

I get 12 months with this beta license. Then I can renew within 12 months before i get charged a reactivation fee. For another 12 months. and so on...

That would be cute if its true - you would basically be paying $40 for 21 months - i.e. buy a licence, after the 12 months, wait another 9 months (a few days under) then pay $40 to renew for another 12 months, then wait another 9 when it expires before renewing ..... repeat until done.
Please remember that the renew fee $40 includes both support service and update service.You can't get any support when you are waiting in the 9 month.
But I think xenforo didn't give us detailed price police right now,especially for the users don't need annual update and support.

Please remember that the renew fee $40 includes both support service and update service.You can't get any support when you are waiting in the 9 month.
But I think xenforo didn't give us detailed price police right now,especially for the users don't need annual update and support.

Right I forgot support. I would assume they mean support, as in using the support form. And, NOT support on the forums via members.

What are you talking about? After 12 months then you have to pay $40 for 1 yr's worth of renewals. Not 4 months....

The part that bugs me is this forcefulness of having to renew. If I don't renew withing 2 yrs, I have to pay $80 to renew. I could easily just buy another license.

Seems accurate to me.

And yes, what I said was coming from an official statement. It is on the payments page already.

http://xenforo.com/purchase/extension-details
XenForo 12-Month Extension - $40

The 12-month extension extends the current expiration date of a license by 12 months. For example, if your license expires on October 1st 2011, extending it will change your new expiration date to October 1st 2012. This applies whether you purchase the extension before or after October 1st 2011. We recommend you keep your license active to maintain access to support, new releases, and resources.

The extension option is available until your license has been past its expiration date for 9 months. Extensions will be available for purchase soon after a stable version is released.

XenForo License Reactivation - $80

If your license has been past its expiration date for 9 months, to regain access to support, new releases, and resources, you must reactivate it. Reactivation includes 12 months of support and access to new releases from the date it is purchased. After 12 months, the standard license extension should be purchased.

So yes once again, what I said is accurate:

lets say you:
buy your license: $140
- That gives you 12 months of updates

After the 12 months is up, you find there is no worthy updates so you decide not to purchase updates, however 8 months later, you finally find some worthy updates. That means you have to spend $40 and you will only get 4 months of updates....

That makes me cringe.

There is no thought of pressing someone to renew their license, ever. Buy the license and if you are satisfied with the the product as it is and do not require access or a later version, then no renewal is necessary, ever.

Our strategy and ethos is that XenForo will continue to develop and evolve and that new versions will be available regularly and that customers will want to update to the latest version. After 12 months has passed, the support and access to updates, ends. To gain access to the support areas and to the latest version for the 12 months ahead, as renewal is necessary. The renewal fee is the same, regardless of when you make the renewal and extends the expiry date, by 12 months, regardless of when the renewal is carried out. The reactivation fee is called that as it it not just a renewal, when it is a type of renewal. Effectively, the 2nd and 3rd year of license ownership offers customers the opportunity to renew, should they so choose. As the development is ongoing, 3rd year renewal includes the cost of the development in the 2nd year. Customers are investing in their software and the costs are the same over a period of 3 years, which is reasonable. The activation fee is capped.

We want people to understand and be clear about this. We appreciate that some may find this unsuitable for their requirements. Customers want updated software and renewing their software is part of keeping a forum ahead.

(EDIT) You could view it as paying $180/$220 for 3 years of support and upgrades, which can be paid in instalments. That is good value for money.

Can I suggest that you make it more clear on the purchase of a new license (if it has not been done so already).

I don't believe it is conducive to a customer to have to click on a small print link to gain access to the information regarding reactivation.

The reactivation fee is called that as it it not just a renewal, when it is a type of renewal. Effectively, the 2nd and 3rd year of license ownership offers customers the opportunity to renew, should they so choose. As the development is ongoing, 3rd year renewal includes the cost of the development in the 2nd year. Customers are investing in their software and the costs are the same over a period of 3 years, which is reasonable. The activation fee is capped.

Just to get clarity on this point. If you chose not to renew for 10 years (a hypothetical situation), you would still only pay a $80 reactivation fee that would upgrade you to the latest version at that time and give you 12 months of support/updates from that date?

Just to get clarity on this point. If you chose not to renew for 10 years (a hypothetical situation), you would still only pay a $80 reactivation fee that would upgrade you to the latest version at that time and give you 12 months of support/updates from that date?
Correct.

So in 10 years when Xenforo 3.8 is out and Xenforo 4.0 is preparing for release, I will be able to upgrade for only $80! I'll hold you to that!
I suspect the price will have increased in line with inflation by that time.

The figures being quoted are based on the current prices.

It makes sense now.

However, I think the reactivation fee should be 50% of the renewal.

Instead of having a $80 charge for the 3rd yr ($40 for the current year and $40 for the last year) It should be $40 for the current year and $20 for not paying the year before.

But hey.. I don't call the shots. All I can say is a lot of people don't seem to like this reactivation fee setup.

The reason I moved here was hoping to have the save pricing structure as vB did in the past.

$60 or $70 for reactivation would be fair, $80 is a bit too much. One thing that should be pointed out is that reactivation is required if a license is expired for 9 months, not a year.

$70 would be fair because if your license just passed 9 months and requires activation you'd be paying for a years support plus 9 months support. $80 on the other hand makes it so you're getting only 21 months of support but essentially paying the same that you would for 24 months.

Also to add.. I feel this hurts multiple license holders.

For one license it doesn't seem to bad as a renewal fee. $40 a year is fine.

But, if I have 2-3 licenses. I am stuck with HUGE reactivation fees, if I can't pay the renewal within a year.

Maybe there should be some discount or break for multiple license holders.

Top Bottom