Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

I think it a little too early for these details to come out this minute. No one is going to get a chance to reactivate their license for over a year from now. There's plenty of time for Ashley to work out the details and share it with us, though I'm sure we'll hear the details about it sooner than later.

There is quite some time before the renewal is due, not to mention how long before a reactivation fee is due. That said, there are those that need to know these details before making their decision. We will make the details available before anyone makes their purchase as we feel it important that customers know their commitment before purchasing.

I would urge everyone to appreciate that our plan is for customers support to us, by buying licenses and renewing their licenses and in return we can support customers by developing the product. Reactivation fees should be a rare occurrence.

I think it a little too early for these details to come out this minute. No one is going to get a chance to reactivate their license for over a year from now. There's plenty of time for Ashley to work out the details and share it with us, though I'm sure we'll hear the details about it sooner than later.

You can say that, but if you buy it now and in 3 months they publish the details of the EULA that says the yearly renewals are required .. you would change that attitude - it's quite fair to ask for these details pre-sales.

We now know for example that it's not required, and optional - but not renewing yearly could mean you're require to use the re-activation option instead of normal renewal.

And while I want to support this company to help continue develop their product, I also want to support myself by knowing where my money goes .. required bill like rent, or optional bill like renewal fee for a hobby ..

Everybody their situation is different, but I expect that I might be one of that group of % that won't renew yearly, despite my best intentions to support them.

Just sayin'..

If there are no worthy updates then I don't really feel I should be pressured into buying updates just in fear of getting some 'reactivation' fee later down the track. I feel the product should sell it self. If there are worthy updates coming out then I will purchase updates. It is that simple. This makes me feel much less likely to buy a purchase now. Sorry, but this is the first disappointing news I have heard.

I also want to support myself by knowing where my money goes .. required bill like rent, or optional bill like renewal fee for a hobby ..
Fair. The company wants to support itself,we want to support ourselves.
VB is destroying itself after years of success because of a bad policy,it does not mean that XF should start destroying itself before success.

BTW I'm not going to buy a piece of unknown on tomorrow's fire sale.
The bad taste is still in my mouth from VB's similar fire sale

But until then the money stays in my pocket.

Exactly. Ive currently got a few IPB licences and know exactly where I stand. Im not forced to renew my licence every 6 months in the fear of having to pay a "reactivation fee" later down the line. I know that if I want to download a new version of IPB, even if my support expired 2 years ago, I just have to pay $25.

VB is destroying itself after years of success because of a bad policy,it does not mean that XF should start destroying itself before success.

There's a difference between vBulletin missing their vBulletin version 4 release date, and few quarters later down the year they are still in alpha, made it beta and sold it gold .. versus XenForo being developed from ground up with quality in mind and selling the first beta as .. first beta. But it is of course very smart to wait until you're comfortable to place an order. Nothing wrong with that. But it's of course a bit silly that those who made vBulletin great are making XenForo, and that their first alpha a few months ago felt and tasted so much more stable and ready than vBulletin's gold release ..

If there are no worthy updates then I don't really feel I should be pressured into buying updates just in fear of getting some 'reactivation' fee later down the track. I feel the product should sell it self. If there are worthy updates coming out then I will purchase updates. It is that simple. This makes me feel much less likely to buy a purchase now. Sorry, but this is the first disappointing news I have heard.

My views too.

I know exactly how you feel; I bought into that as well.

This is a bit of a different situation though. Not only have we actually SEEN what's available for purchase, there's also this line in the pricing announcement:
As an additional incentive to adopt early, licenses bought during the beta period will have 12 months of updates and support starting from the date when XenForo 1.0 is released as a stable and supported version.

So, we won't even at the risk of receiving a sub-par product as the final version (XF is most excellent right now IMO, but I know the dynamic XF duo will not release what they consider Gold until they are satisfied, which in the past has been a very high standard).

As far as the re-activation fee, I would anticipate it would be many months after upgrade expiration that any fee such as that would be applied.

Top Bottom