XF 2.1 Finally migrating from VB4.2 AME Video tags, smile imports and reactions questions

rootsxrocks

I am moving My site to a new URL and have tried my first import . I may have to start over but I went forward after some errors so I could identify other potential issues. I will post all of my issues in this thread and hope someone can help with parts of it. I have not been actively modding or doing any code editing for a while so I probably am doing some things wrong and have missed the obvious. I can find my way arround a database and follow instructions.
1st issue but not most important
Blog import error
this happened after Step 26 of 32: Smilies - 100%
I may have a unique blog situation because I purchased the blog prior to VB 4 release as a stand alone
I tried to run it again but now have 3 imported blog with no content.
My primary question is what steps 28-32 are and if they can be ran seperatly while we figure out the blogs, they are not super important but I have a couple of blogs that will need to transfer eventually.
I restarted the import and clicked trough the finalize and have content but not aware yet of whats missing or wrong other than the following . rant
Smiles I can not find the XML file that was supposed to be in Public_html/internal_data. I went back and changed the permissions on the internal data folder to 777 and tried again with no luck , please tell me what I might have done wrong and how to fix.
I ran the import the first time without moving a folder over with the smile images. I didn't see it ask so I made the folders for attachments and Avatars and one for 3 gig of cached hot linked images But alas i forgot the smiles folder
Do I have to keep the folder structure from the previous server IG public_html/forum//images/smilies ?
BB code media site
I had AME3 installed( https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230707) and I tried to revert the tags before I exported the DB but have no Idea what I should see. I do not see embedded video You tube primarily other sites AME worked on were not commonly posted. I haven't a clue how the Redex works or how to fix. I ran the revert to URL but didn't get urls prior to exporting.

l
This is what shows on the imported post
this embeds the video at the legacy site
[video=youtube;i7gD3XBeLk8]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is the AME setting for youtube 198112
Reactions, What a great integration , Now Please help me transcribe 10 years worth of Dragonbytes pro over to this system. I know it must be possible its far to simular not to be workable.I was able to edit the current set of reactions to match my legacy set adding a couple more and love the way it works But nobody has any rep points and I'd really like to transfer those from the old site.
The Media gallery import was a disaster, it had all the Album titles but the images in them were missing or totally wrong and random. I may have specified the wrong folder and since I had many uploads some image Ids from attachments may have by chance matched the albums.

Last edited:
Ok, So one answer seems to be in the VIDEO vs MEDIA tag because that youtube link does not emmbed on the new install and i would rather not have a bunch of old [video=youtube;i7gD3XBeLk8] left before every video

Blog import error
This is a bug. I have a fix for it pending, but it's probably quicker if I just tell you what to change

Edit the file src/addons/XFI/Import/Data/vBulletinBlogEntry.php.

Find:
PHP:
/** @var \XF\Import\Data\vBulletinBlogText $postHandler */
$postHandler = $this->dataManager->newHandler('XF:vBulletinBlogText');

Change to:
PHP:
/** @var \XFI\Import\Data\vBulletinBlogText $postHandler */
$postHandler = $this->dataManager->newHandler('XFI:vBulletinBlogText');

Smiles I can not find the XML file that was supposed to be in Public_html/internal_data. I went back and changed the permissions on the internal data folder to 777 and tried again with no luck , please tell me what I might have done wrong and how to fix.
I ran the import the first time without moving a folder over with the smile images. I didn't see it ask so I made the folders for attachments and Avatars and one for 3 gig of cached hot linked images But alas i forgot the smiles folder
This may be a bug. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet:

BB code media site
You should be able to fix these after the import with the following add-on:
I imagine others have handled AME tags before. I found the following thread but I'm certain there are others:
You mention reverting the tags, if that means the tags no longer use the AME tag then maybe you need another solution but, essentially, post a separate thread for this once you know what the tags look like before/after the import so advice can be given on how to convert them.

Reactions, What a great integration
You may need a separate importer for your old Reactions. We can only implement and support conversion from the vanilla software so anything as a result from vB add-ons/mods would need to be considered separately and not something we can provide any support for.

The Media gallery import was a disaster
There's not really enough information here to provide any support. We have had people successfully import from vBAlbums without reporting any issues so perhaps your current thoughts about specifying the wrong folder could be correct.

Thank you Chris, these answers will help me immensely, having the test import up for over a week I am anxious to make the move . Now if I can carve out some time to hyper focus on it. Ill try again with the suggestions. and see if I can figure out the unknowns . I am not sure if I even remember what vb4 media tags looked like,

Top Bottom