Fixed  Not getting advised of watched topics

Not getting emails, or not getting alerts?

It has been changed so that you will only get one alert/email until you read the thread. It's really easy to be bombarded otherwise.

had no emails since my account confirmation (not sure if there was a welcome email)

have ticked the box to advise me via email.

Hm, I set the option in my settings to automatically "watch" threads I reply to, and it's working great!

It looks like it may have stopped for me too, but I don't know why. It did work earlier.

Are you sure? It picked back up for me. You're only going to get an alert/email when it was read before the post was made (ie, 1 until you read it again). The fix won't catch the "missed opportunities".

Posting a reply to see if anyone else gets an alert.
I'm subscribing also to this thread so I can see how the email format is.

There is no option to watch the thread into Quick Navigation Menu. Posting again, in advanced mode.
I think the Watch option should be made available for Quick Reply also.

Quick reply is intended to be just that - I'd rather not clutter it with controls. If you want to watch threads to which you reply by default, you can choose that option in your account preferences.

I've been asked to reply to this thread to see if anyone gets alerts.

I'm still getting them, though it's easy to not notice if a few are missing because I'm reading/replying so much.

Just started to get them - sadly only one for each topic, which is annoying.

It means you are forced to return to the site to get further updates on the topic. I know that on VB forums, it is frustrating as when I am busy I prefer to get further updates from the topic and then when I am ready I can pop back and reply.

Otherwise you end up forgetting about the topic and not replying to it.

So perhaps give a choice or send all updates via email.

Not sure if it is possible to get the content emailed as well - could not see an option for this.

Top Bottom