XF 2.2 A handful of users not getting the confirmation email...

jayhawku

Out of 53 users so far, 3 have not gotten the confirmation email. I've checked with them and they are using the correct email and saying it's not stuck in their spam box.

Any ideas? Additionally, I tried to search how to turn off the need to click a confirmation email link to start posting but couldn't find it. While I'd want it eventually, as a start up forum, I don't think it's going to be a problem if people don't click the confirmation link before posting. If that's possible.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Solution
By chance are they using a Microsoft related email (outlook/live/hotmail.com)?
Are you on the cloud offering of XF? If so, there has been a known recent issue with cloud instances not being able to deliver email to any MS related account.
Even if you aren't on XF clouds install, Microsoft is horrible about email delivery unless you are using an MTA with good reputation... and frequently, shared hosting email delivery does not meet those requirements, no do a lot of VPS/dedicated MTA setups without a lot of work.
If those users have one available, have them try an alternate email address from wherever is hosting their current (if on an ISP, try a GMail one as an example).

You can also check your email deliverability rating (for...
Are you on the cloud offering of XF? If so, there has been a known recent issue with cloud instances not being able to deliver email to any MS related account.
Even if you aren't on XF clouds install, Microsoft is horrible about email delivery unless you are using an MTA with good reputation... and frequently, shared hosting email delivery does not meet those requirements, no do a lot of VPS/dedicated MTA setups without a lot of work.
If those users have one available, have them try an alternate email address from wherever is hosting their current (if on an ISP, try a GMail one as an example).

You can also check your email deliverability rating (for your website) at

Solution

You can also check your email deliverability rating (for your website) at
All of the users who have had this are using hotmail/outlook so yep.

Thanks for letting me know. Hope it gets fixed!

XF developers are working on it last I read... but a lot of it is out of their hands. All they can do is submit a request for the XF cloud MTA server to be listed as a valid service. It appears that this has happened a few other times in the past with their MTA server getting blocked by Microsoft.
Microsoft is probably one of the most problematic accounts to deliver to.

Yep... my site isn't busy... but I've yet to have a bounce or "lost" email sent either as alerts or sign-ups.
I understand that SES has gotten a little more "problematic" for some to get approved on recently.
SES can be rather complicated to set up if one is not familiar with the ins/outs of setting up MTA services.

Yep... my site isn't busy... but I've yet to have a bounce or "lost" email sent either as alerts or sign-ups.
I understand that SES has gotten a little more "problematic" for some to get approved on recently.
SES can be rather complicated to set up if one is not familiar with the ins/outs of setting up MTA services.
I don't even know what those acronyms mean so I'll just have to manually approve users for now or something.

Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom