Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Check permissions, as it is a "mod log" in the moderator bar if you are a moderator and can see the mod logs, otherwise it is a "Mod CP" link on the forum navigation bar;

Dont see the link

1534604070422.webp

Unlike the way it was for me before

1534604137907.webp

Xon updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

1.14.2 - Maintenance update

• On managing tags via ModEss panel, attempt to preserve the ordering/filtering link on edit/delete/merging a tag
  • Style comparibility tweaks;
    • "Add Mod Log count to moderator toolbar" option
    • "Add Mod Log count to forum nav bar" option
    • "Always add to the mod toolbar" option

Disable "Add Mod Log count to forum nav bar" option to revert to pre-1.14.0 behaviour

Read the rest of this update entry...

Check permissions, as it is a "mod log" in the moderator bar if you are a moderator and can see the mod logs, otherwise it is a "Mod CP" link on the forum navigation bar;
For a moderator that doesn't have ability to see mod logs, it shows "Mod CP" in the navigation bar, but when they click on it, it says they don't have permission to view it. What gives?

For a moderator that doesn't have ability to see mod logs, it shows "Mod CP" in the navigation bar, but when they click on it, it says they don't have permission to view it. What gives?
Can you share the exact permissions you have given them? It is likely trying to redirect to the wrong spot.

The top "mod tools" drop down feels redundant as mod queue and reports link is already in the mod bar. Maybe option to kill the drop down and just have the link go to the control panel?

I know with warning improvements you can log warnings to a forum, but that seems a little goofy and then you can't attach to reports which is really nice. It would be great to have a warning log list like the ban list. It's just really easy to scan quickly. Even if it just gave some quick info and linked to the report, that would be very useful.

Reactions: Xon
Hi Xon, thanks for the great addon, much appreciated and very useful. I did notice that the automated report resolution upon deletion of a post doesn't seem to stick. Is this something that should be triggered immediately or via cron later? Thanks!

I unsuccessfully tried to find the answers to our questions.

We are about to upgrade to Xenforo 2 and our moderator essentials for 1.x has expired.
If we renew our license will it be transferable to the 2.x version?

Also what is the moderator essentials upgrade process from Xen 1
x to 2.x?
Thanks!

Your licence comes with XenForo 1 and XenForo 2 editions, it is just a matter of renewing to gain access to recent versions. The upgrade process for XenForo 1.x to XenForo 2.x for my add-ons is install the updated version, and click upgrade.

Your licence comes with XenForo 1 and XenForo 2 editions, it is just a matter of renewing to gain access to recent versions. The upgrade process for XenForo 1.x to XenForo 2.x for my add-ons is install the updated version, and click upgrade.
Awesome!
Thanks so much!

When using Add-on Install & Upgrade to update Moderator Essentials, I get the "There has been a problem accessing the Resource Manager page." error.
I would like to configure it so other admins can update the add on and not just myself.

Top Bottom