Limited Guest Viewing

Limited Guest Viewing [Paid] 1.7.3

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Hi @Wutime

Does this add-on negatively affect unfurling internal URLs when restricting guest views?

We are using a similar add-on that uses embedded URL data via recuperating it in visitors via an HTTP request. When restricting guest views, posting any board URL would give a preview error when unfurling it, but the link will still work. Have you tried to test it before?

Thanks

Does this add-on negatively affect unfurling internal URLs when restricting guest views?

We are using a similar add-on that uses embedded URL data via recuperating it in visitors via an HTTP request. When restricting guest views, posting any board URL would give a preview error when unfurling it, but the link will still work. Have you tried to test it before?

Thanks

There should be no negative affects with regards to unfurling internal URL's.

There should be no negative affects with regards to unfurling internal URL's.

Maybe an idea for a new add-on?

Dont show any pictures to guests, but dont affect any unfurl outside the forum?

I know you've answered this question before, earlier in the thread, but there have been a few updates since then. Where can I change the background colour of the warning block asking people to register (ie the red one) please? I looked in appearance - search templates and found the two templates but can't see any colours to change.

Hi @Wutime

Thanks

Yes there is a negative effect, i had to uninstall it because of that

I know you've answered this question before, earlier in the thread, but there have been a few updates since then. Where can I change the background colour of the warning block asking people to register (ie the red one) please? I looked in appearance - search templates and found the two templates but can't see any colours to change.
Do you mean this box? (Guest viewing limit reached)
1689295571102.png
That can be done with css via extra.less

Code:
.wutime_lgv .userBanner
{
    background: red;
}
(replace red with the color of your choice, etc.)

The defaults for this element are:
Code:
    color: #fff;
    background: #d80000;
    border-color: #a50000;
    border-radius: 4px;

For the entire notice block (yellow, red border) it's .wutime_lgv_block

Do you mean this box? (Guest viewing limit reached)
View attachment 288518
That can be done with css via extra.less

Code:
.wutime_lgv .userBanner
{
    background: red;
}
(replace red with the color of your choice, etc.)

The defaults for this element are:
Code:
    color: #fff;
    background: #d80000;
    border-color: #a50000;
    border-radius: 4px;

For the entire notice block (yellow, red border) it's .wutime_lgv_block
I have the latest version, so mine actually looks like this. Would it be the same procedure? I'd like to change the background to a different colour, and the text to a different colour.

Red warning.jpg

I have the latest version, so mine actually looks like this. Would it be the same procedure? I'd like to change the background to a different colour, and the text to a different colour.

View attachment 288586
I didn’t even check the version, sorry. It should be close to the same procedure. I can check and update once I return home.

To other posts above, we haven’t had any issue with limited guest viewing and search engines. We don’t use URL unfurling as it doesn’t not look clean in our view. (If other sites link to our content, that can’t be helped and it’s something that is discouraged anyway.)

View attachment 288586
I was able to change that error block with a simple CSS in extra.less like this:
Code:
.blockMessage.blockMessage--error
{
    background: blue;
    color: white;
    border-left: 2px solid white;
}

Thanks. I tried that and it still came out red :( Edit. I had missed the first line off. That works :-) There is still a red cross though and a red line round the border of it.

Thanks. I tried that and it still came out red :( Edit. I had missed the first line off. That works :) There is still a red cross though and a red line round the border of it.
Sorry, I hadn't tested on the default style.
Code:
.blockMessage.blockMessage--error.blockMessage--iconic:before
{
    color: green;
}
This will change the icon color.

For the border, I can't replicate that, the test I used above removed the red border. But, let me take another look.

Top Bottom