Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text

Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text [Paid] v1.5.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Just paid and can't install. Why the error? All files going to the standard upload directory, no? I'm doing GUI install, not ssh.

1600021568083.webp

Wutime, I uploaded a new error picture and PCd you. Can you respond please.

The issue you're having is that your XF setup and server permissions aren't allowing all the files to be properly created on the server when uploaded through the "Install/Update Add-On" web-based system.

I recommend installing the add-on using FTP.

The above solution should resolve the issue.

I have nearly 20 addons. Is there something unique about yours?

Nothing unique, but perhaps the other 20 add-ons you installed never actually included an image to be written outside of it's own directory.

This add-on includes a PNG (image) file for the appearance of blurred text. It's this file that your server isn't allowing to be written when uploaded.

For some reason your server isn't allowing the creation of the appropriate directory and PNG file, hence the installation fails.

By uploading the add-on through FTP, your FTP user account should have the necessary permissions to properly create the file.

Why your "PHP Process" user isn't able to, I have no idea, but that's outside of the realm of support I can offer.

Last edited:
If you simply upload the file as I outlined then perhaps you can install the add-on using the web-interface (though I really am making an assumption)... it's possible that it'll still fail when trying to overwrite the PNG (not sure and don't know, just a guess).

Hello, I don't want this plugin to increase registrations. I want to increase paid registrations. Please update the plugin by user group.

If a guest clicks on a Google link to my forum, is the post blurred if it is a post beyond the addons configured number of posts within a thread? If so, is it obvious to the guest that they must register?

Imo the blur-image is a bit too high by default. Is there an easy way to change that? Would be great if there was an option in the settings to set the blurred-image height.

Top Bottom