Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text

Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text [Paid] v1.5.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Any plans for enable blurring based on usergroup and user-upgrade?

How would that work? Normally you'd want your registered users to be able to use the forums and see the text so they're able to respond, thus growing your content and community.

How would that work? Normally you'd want your registered users to be able to use the forums and see the text so they're able to respond, thus growing your content and community.
I am adding user-upgraded users (premium members) to specific usergroups. I was thinking of that you can select that if NOT IN or IN specific user-groups you could blur text from selected post just like you are doing with registered users. If that made sense ;)

I am adding user-upgraded users (premium members) to specific usergroups. I was thinking of that you can select that if NOT IN or IN specific user-groups you could blur text from selected post just like you are doing with registered users. If that made sense ;)
I am also using an ad-block addon that adds ad-block users to a usergroup. I was thinking of blurring text until they removed ad-block.

I suspect one of us doesn't understand what SEO friendly means. Worse SEO than stock XF because of an add-on is NOT "SEO friendly".

Interesting add-on though. Good luck with it. But this hurts your SEO so can't see any forum with decent numbers wanting to use it.
I am no SEO expert but i dont see any reason why this should hurt SEO. Search-engine bots see the site as if this addon was not installed.

Reactions: ENF
So @Wutime, that something you see is possible to add? You would have to be able to add several usergroups to be blurred with the possibility to set how many post to blur for each usergroup.

I've wanted to buy the add-on for a while, but like the other guy, it's no good unless I can blur the posts based on a usergroup ID.

Having it just for guests doesn't fulfil our needs.

I've been watching this thread to see if I was the only one. Clearly I'm not.

Hey guys, I'll look into it when I have more time, I've taken a note. I've been helping family the past few days so I haven't had to focus on updates. I like the suggestions though, but...

What I don't understand is why blur posts for your members?

How can anyone respond to a conversation if they can't see the full thread of conversation?

For us, the reason is simple. We have two tiers of members. Paid and unpaid.

Paid members are those who have paid the £35 to join the Club and they have full access to everything on forum. They are members of the 'Registered' usergroup, plus they are additionally members of another usergroup - let's call this 'Members' usergroup.

We have our site open to other people too, but they only get to see the public part of it. Therefore, once they're registered, they're members of the 'Registered' usergroup, plus they are additionally members of another usergroup - let's call this 'Non Members' usergroup.

Therefore, what I'd like to do is make the blurred text to apply just to the Non Members usergroup. That way, our paid up members still get to see everything, but the 'freeloaders' have to pay if they want to see all the replies.

Hope this sort of makes sense.

As @Graham Smith mentions paid and unpaid usergroups, but can be other reasons to for putting users in specific usergroups and maybe want to blur text for some of them.
Another thing i plan to do is blur content for ad-block users. I have an addon that adds users with ad-block enabled to a usergroup. I want to blur the content for the users in that usergroup until they disables ad-block. So there are many use-cases for this suggestion :)

Therefore, what I'd like to do is make the blurred text to apply just to the Non Members usergroup. That way, our paid up members still get to see everything, but the 'freeloaders' have to pay if they want to see all the replies.

Okay, and the "members" (paid) forums are a separate node of threads that, currently, "non-members" can't see... you'd like them to be able to see the start of those conversations, but not the full conversations, in order to persuade them to become "full members"

Is that about right?

Top Bottom