Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text

Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text [Paid] v1.5.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Wutime

Wutime submitted a new resource:

Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text - If you’d like to boost registrations and deter guests viewing all your content use this add-on.

If you’d like to boost registrations and deter guests viewing all your content use this add-on.

Guests will only be shown the first X posts – remaining posts will be blurred.

SEO-friendly.

Users will need to register or login to view the remaining posts.

Features include:
  • Set the number of posts visible per page
  • Ability to ignore stickies
  • Ability to ignore forums
  • Ability to set the registration overlay automatically visible
  • Ability to set a message above each...

Read more about this resource...

Promising. Can this be combined with your Limited Guest Viewing?

I thought about it, but they're actually quite different in so far as:
  • [Limited Guest Viewing] allows guests to view content
  • [Increase Registrations] does not allow guests to view content (unless you allow X posts to be viewed)
  • [Limited Guest Viewing] counts down views
  • [Increase Registrations] forces immediate registration to read content
  • [Increase Registrations] allows sticky and select forums to be ignored (always allow guests to post)
The only cross-over for [Limited Guest Viewing] would be to blur text when the user reaches their limit of content viewed... but this is a moot point given the user is then forwarded directly to the registration page (they'd never see the blurred text).

If you think I'm missing a glaring feature or edge case, let me know.

Interesting idea. I would like to see the option introduced for members without a valid upgrade to see the blurr on Premium only forums.
Could usergroup options be introduced instead of just unregistered? Obviously we would need an option to upgrade in the overlay instead of register.
Nice idea though. (y)

@Wutime
Is it real text in post made blurry or it is hiden with blurry image?
Also, does bots see content or no? Because if bots can not see text, it is very bad for site (no content).

Thanks

@Wutime
Is it real text in post made blurry or it is hiden with blurry image?
Also, does bots see content or no? Because if bots can not see text, it is very bad for site (no content).

Thanks

The text is made blurry using an image and the actual text is gone - this ensures people can't just highlight the text to reveal it, or copy and paste etc.

Bots and crawlers do not see the blurry text.

Using your Limited Guest Viewing. Would adding this add-on conflict in any way?

@AngelArs

No, but I think you'd want to make some consideration with your settings.

For forums or categories you don't want anyone to see without registering, use Blur Text.

For forums or categories you don't mind people reading, but want to count towards Limited Guest Views, don't blur and initiate the limited guest viewing.

Hi, Make the real text blurry, don't hide the text with blurry image.

@clanzone

And how do you suggest such a thing can be done? CSS? That's the only way I can think of and it's completely inadequate and very easily circumvented.

Or, use an GD or ImageMagick to blur the real text? Dismal performance.

I think the method used now works best for all use cases.

Interesting idea. I would like to see the option introduced for members without a valid upgrade to see the blurr on Premium only forums.
Could usergroup options be introduced instead of just unregistered? Obviously we would need an option to upgrade in the overlay instead of register.
Nice idea though.

I'll put some thought to this and look to include it in a future update. Good ideas, thanks your suggestions.

When we search for:

wutime_forcereg_blur_please_register_message

It says it can't be found. Was it renamed by you?

When we search for:

It says it can't be found. Was it renamed by you?

It's a phrase

Content is:

Please register or login to view post content.

Yes. The Gallery plays a major part of our site, and I can’t find a way, other than blocking guest completely from the gallery. Blurred images or blurred ones with an overlay message telling them to register to see the unblurred image would definitely help

Top Bottom