Limited Guest Viewing

Limited Guest Viewing [Paid] 1.7.3

No permission to buy ($20.00)
This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Hi. I have this add on (limited guest viewing) and it's showing in my admin panel. Does this mean it's not supported any more and won't work? Or should I uninstall it?

Hi. I have this add on (limited guest viewing) and it's showing in my admin panel. Does this mean it's not supported any more and won't work? Or should I uninstall it?
XF has an automatic system. If the author doesn't login within 3 months I believe, his resources get deleted automatically. When he comes back, they will be undone and listed again.

So, it is just a precaution so people don't buy unsupported addons.

In your case you don't need to uninstall the addon if it works. It might work from now on for years to come or break when XF updates its software. If you are still unsure, just disable the addon and enable it when the author is back but I run addons which are not sold anymore for years now. They still work (fingers crossed). It depends if the addon breaks or not when XF updates its software (and you update your installation).

XF has an automatic system. If the author doesn't login within 3 months I believe, his resources get deleted automatically. When he comes back, they will be undone and listed again.

In your case you don't need to uninstall the addon if it works. It might work from now on for years to come or break when XF updates its software. If you are still unsure, just disable the addon and enable it when the author is back but I run addons which are not sold anymore for years now. They still work (fingers crossed). It depends if the addon breaks or not when XF updates its software (and you update your installation).
Thanks. It's still working so I'll leave it for now. It's been incredibly useful.

Everything still works as it should. But yes, if 90 days passes without logging in to Xenforo with this exact account, apparently everything gets automatically wiped.

I'm in the process of having everything restored (if possible).

Wutime updated Limited Guest Viewing with a new update entry:

v1.7.1 - Updated to be custom theme friendly using default XF CSS notices

Recommend upgrading with "Overwrite existing files for add-on rebuilds / upgrades" checked
  • removed custom extra.less styles (no longer needed)
  • add-on now works well with custom themes (light or dark)
  • eliminated all custom CSS (uses all default XF styling for notices (error and warning))
  • tiny page rendering improvement
  • smaller footprint

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Wutime Love all the add ons you've provided, thank you.

A suggestion for one which sort of merges a couple you've done. Rather than limited guest views to force registration, how about a limited guest views with adblock. "We can see you have adblock enabled. You have 15x more page views before you must disable". If they don't, you can then enable the nag/force adblock.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thanks again

Something a member has just told me! That if someone clears the cookies on their machine they can keep viewing beyond the limited guest viewing limit. So after x views they are asked to sign up, but if they clear their browser, they can have more free views etc. I guess most people wouldn't know or realise that but - just to let you know! I wonder if that can be prevented.

Top Bottom