Design issue Issues of copying contents from Vbulletin into Xenforo site

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The symbols are in the original position. The issues here are mostly the insane HTML that has been pasted in. We only allow BB codes to be nested to a certain degree for performance reasons, so this won't change. It's fairly difficult to detect this case so I don't think anything is going to change here.

Don't mean to necro a post here, but I have a possible workaround

I am unsure if this functionality is the same on VBulletin, but in Xenforo, if you do not have access to the edit button of a thread, you can instead use the quote button. This will leave the raw bbcode of the quoted post surrounded in
Code:
[quote][/quote]
. Assuming this is the case, and you don't run into the issue Mike suggested above, then you should be able to post this to a Xenforo thread after removing the quote block surrounding the thread code.

If this functionality is not available, the only other workaround I could think of would be to private message the owner of the post and ask him to private message the raw bbcode of the post in a code block or send it through pastebin or something of the like.