XF 1.4 Incorporate WordPress Header with XenForo

Hey XenForo,

For the past few days, I've been searching endlessly for a way to integrate my forum with WordPress. I've reached the conclusion that, well- it's difficult. At this point, I've extracted the contents of my header to raw HTML and CSS. However, placing the static HTML in my header is a route I would rather not take.

So my question is this: does anyone have a simple way for me to take my WordPress header and place it in my XenForo template header file? Currently, I have a header.php file containing this,
PHP:
<?php

include '/var/www/1776movement.com/wp-load.php'; //wp file path include
get_header(); //load header
?>

This PHP code displays ONLY the header. It's exactly what I want to place above my forum. It sounds easy, but it evidently is not.

Thanks in advance!

This was from several years ago:

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/add-wordpress-header-to-xenforo.38/

There would be CSS issues of course and potential jQuery conflicts if the header is too complex. A simple one, though should still work fine.
Right, I tried that a few days ago. All I get is an error- something about failing to get HTTP? I worked with that software for a few hours; nothing.

All I need is a way to add PHP to my header. I've already got the code to call my WP header.

This was from several years ago:

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/add-wordpress-header-to-xenforo.38/

There would be CSS issues of course and potential jQuery conflicts if the header is too complex. A simple one, though should still work fine.

Hi,

A few questions:
  1. How do you avoid having the CSS that's pulled from Wordpress here affect the Xenforo site? I created a new div around where this was added to the header template- but no luck.
  2. Is there a similar way of doing this for the Wordpress footer?
  3. How could Xenforo know the actual height of the header that's loaded here, to pad other blocks appropriately in a responsive design?
  4. For a complex header-- is there a better way of doing this?
Thanks!

Top Bottom