[HA] News Ticker

[HA] News Ticker [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($39.99)
Is there an option to have a ticker without a navtab?
You can show any of tickers in any page you like. Any where. Because it also has 8 different widget framework renderers. So, you can show them any where that widget framework supports.
That dedicated page is just an additional option that you can even turn it off.
Also 10 different positions are ready to use for those who don't have widget framework installed.

Hi @imuratbayik ,

I just received an email notification in my mobile that you had problem with add-on. You sure it has problem? It seems you deleted your post. Is that OK? If it has problem, let me see what is going on. If there is no problem, then again let me know, so that I pass my hospitalization period conveniently ;)

Dadparvar updated [HA] News Ticker with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0

• added title to dedicated page for tickers (set as phrase so that you be able to translate it)
  • added description to dedicated page for newstickers (there is a field supporting HTML in add-on's options page. So you can add anything you like, in top of the dedicated page of the news tickers)
  • added news date to Jquery news ticker (you can choose if you want it to be activated or not)
  • added news date to Tickerme news ticker (you can choose if you want it to be activated or not)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Will this work with "recent posts" or something similar?
Yes you can add rss of your site and it will get recent posts as well.

Also, what is this and how does the images get captured.
It depends what you use for that ticker. If you for example add RSS of your site, it will get first image of that post as thumbnail and shows there. If you add your youtube channel feed for example, then it will show the video's thumbnail and when you click on it, it will play the video right there in a overlay designed dedicated for it and its nice. (so, depends on the source you set to get the news, it will get the best image that should be displayed.)
Of course everything is in your control and you can activate or deactivate them.
Also, when some feeds have image and some not, then it doesn't break the size of ticker. For those that have, it shows the image, and for others that don't it shows the description of post until it fills the space. (as you see in your image too)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Issue: I had been using the Breaking News ticker with great success on my site. I went into it to add an additional RSS feed to it, and after I saved changes, the ticker no longer loads - just sits there blank. I removed the changes I made and it made no difference, it's like I killed it.

It's Gatorchatter.com

Issue: I had been using the Breaking News ticker with great success on my site. I went into it to add an additional RSS feed to it, and after I saved changes, the ticker no longer loads - just sits there blank. I removed the changes I made and it made no difference, it's like I killed it.

It's Gatorchatter.com
Can you please provide me an admin user pass (with full access) so that I login to see what happened to your ticker? (in conversation)
(I tested with Xenforo's and You site's rss right now and worked)

As our conversion:
I found the problem :)

After each , you added line break (enter) to have neat list of rss.

Remove that line break. Put all rss one after another without going to next line (just put , after each one)

Although in the description of field I said "Just separate them with commo", but I'll add "And don't write them each in new line and don't put space between them" in next version so that no one else get this problem.

it would be fun to be able to create a separate "News Page", like this:

http://codecanyon.net/item/breaking-news-ticker/full_screen_preview/8321816

and put it on a page like this:

https://xenforo.com/community/news/

Put several RSS-feeds from different external websites onto this page....

View attachment 130921

:)
Suggestion:
  • show feed number from all feeds. Example: I set to show 20 feeds and for my users it would be helpful to show how many feeds there are or which ones they are reading (something like 5/20 in the right side...)
Ok, sorry, they just comes to my mind and I just post them...

Like this last one before 1.0.6:
  • option to open links from own rss in same window (so if you're using your own forum rss for news ticker it will open in same window)
Ok, if I get anything else I'll post after the update.

Thank you for your time.
I would like an option in the users (privacy) settings to enable/disable the news ticker in the next version if possible? (So that a user can disable the news ticker in his forum profile)
I have a request...

Is it possible to add a button to the messages in the news feeds so that when you click that button, it makes a new thread in a forum with the title of that news message?
Something like the the registered feeds option in Xenforo, but this button must only open a new thread when you click that button and for that message only.

Hop you understand what I mean, enlish is not my native language ;)

Hey guys,

If you still are interested in these features, feel free to submit them in dedicated forum in support site, as suggestion.

I'm going to update it (in next week, that I'll finish my custom works and personal works) with some improvement + one new option. And managing suggestions in this thread is hard. Better to have a thread for each suggestion in support site so that I control all of them.

Top Bottom