[Ozzmodz] News Tickers

[Ozzmodz] News Tickers [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[XP] News Tickers - Show recent content from other sites and social media accounts

There are multiple News Tickers that let you add as many sources as you want, from RSS to social media accounts and even custom news.

With dozens of options for each news ticker, you can control almost all aspects of each ticker to make it fit your style and needs.

Each news ticker has its own widget definition that let you display them anywhere on your website.

User Group Permissions
  • Can See News Tickers
  • Can Show/Hide News Tickers
User Account...

Read more about this resource...

Hey @Dadparvar ,
nice to see you coming up with XF2 add-ons (y)

About to buy the ticker, but i just want to show the ticker in one spot: I am thinking wether your ticker works with XPress, so the news are sitting below the nav and above the blog entries in the main site there. Is this possible with the ticker?

(in the loop: @Mike Creuzer , @Lukas W.)

Last edited:
Is this possible with the ticker?
You can show it anywhere that you can show a widget. Because they actually end up being a widget.

But even if there is no widget position for where you want, you can always show it anywhere you like using a template modification system. Either to include the template or to simply include the widget.

So the answer is: yes you can display them where ever you want.

Then it seems I am your first ticker customer ;) Glad you choose to hop into XF2 addons - remembering your outstanding and friendly support. Pleasure to do business with you again.

Any coupons for XF1 license holders (which I've never got to use)?
yes for 1 year or lifetime license, there is a 50% off. message me on xen-pro when you wanted to get, and I'll provide you with the coupon for your account.

Reactions: sbj
Okay, that's great.

One more question, it says additional requirement is rss2json, what does this mean?

it says additional requirement is rss2json, what does this mean?
Yahoo stopped one of their services to read rss. that was being used to pull the data from other sites.

Now there is a service called rss2json that i used in this work, and it has free and paid access. You can simply grab a free token and put it in the options and keep using it.

It is used only for 2 places: RSS ticker for swift. and Pinterest feeds for Swift. for the rest you don't need. (again, its free and you can also get a paid version of it for more features, but it doesn't matter for my add-on)

What is the RSS ticker for swift? What is the difference to the other ones? Because the rss2json free plan has a max. limit of 25 feeds.
So it would be good to know what the swift ticker is and what the rest is, where we don't need it.

Also, is there an option to show feeds based on user settings for language? So a user who surfs the board in English sees English rss feeds, a user who surfs in Persian sees Farsi rss feeds, etc.?

What is the RSS ticker for swift? What is the difference to the other ones? Because the rss2json free plan has a max. limit of 25 feeds.
So it would be good to know what the swift ticker is and what the rest is, where we don't need it.
Swift RSS is the ticker where you put RSS links of any number of sites you want, and it will pull their latest content.

Swift Social is where you put social media accounts like youtube twitter facebook and ... and it will pull the latest content of that page, profiles, accounts...

Also, is there an option to show feeds based on user settings for language? So a user who surfs the board in English sees English rss feeds, a user who surfs in Persian sees Farsi rss feeds, etc.?
There is no option to do it automatically, but what you can do is to use XF conditionals to do it. For example, let's say you want to get the feed from BBC site. They have feed for English users, and they have another feed for Persian users. You can use them in the RSS field in add-on's options using XF conditionals to show the right feed to the right user.

wift RSS is the ticker where you put RSS links of any number of sites you want, and it will pull their latest content.

Swift Social is where you put social media accounts like youtube twitter facebook and ... and it will pull the latest content of that page, profiles, accounts...
But according to your description page there is only the Swift ticker available in this addon, is this correct? The old one had more options, this has only Swift. And that means we are limited to 25 rss feeds, is this correct?

There is no option to do it automatically, but what you can do is to use XF conditionals to do it. For example, let's say you want to get the feed from BBC site. They have feed for English users, and they have another feed for Persian users. You can use them in the RSS field in add-on's options using XF conditionals to show the right feed to the right user.
You say there is no option, then later you say you can use in addon's options.
Are there any user criteria build-in in the addon like:

1566176646154.webp

to show news ticker based on criteria? Like other example would be based on usergroup criteria and so on?

But according to your description page there is only the Swift ticker available in this addon, is this correct? The old one had more options, this has only Swift. And that means we are limited to 25 rss feeds, is this correct?
Yes this add-on for now only has 3 Swift Tickers. but I'm not sure what you mean by being limited to 25 RSS. why?

You say there is no option, then later you say you can use in addon's options.
I said:
There is no option to do it automatically
But there is a field in the option that you enter RSS data. There, you can use something like this let's say:
Code:
{
type: 'rss',
url: 'https://xenforo.com/community/forums/-/index.rss',
author: '<span style="background-color: #016942; color: #fff; border-radius: 3px; font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 5px;">Xenforo</span>'
},
This will show the rss to all members. But imagine XF has EN and FA separate RSSs for English and Persian user. Then you could have something like this:
Code:
<xf:if is="{$xf.language.language_code} == 'en-US'">
    {
    url: 'https://xenforo.com/community/forums/-/index-EN.rss',
    author: '<span style="background-color: #016942; color: #fff; border-radius: 3px; font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 5px;">Xenforo</span>'
    },
<xf:elseif is="{$xf.language.language_code} == 'fa-IR'" />
    {
    url: 'https://xenforo.com/community/forums/-/index-FA.rss',
    author: '<span style="background-color: #016942; color: #fff; border-radius: 3px; font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 5px;">زنفرو</span>'
    },
</xf:if>

Are there any user criteria build-in in the addon like:
There is no criteria system implementation in this add-on yet.

Yes this add-on for now only has 3 Swift Tickers. but I'm not sure what you mean by being limited to 25 RSS. why?
Okay, for now. Sorry, I just said what I saw.
And about 25 RSS, see:

1566178363684.png

But there is a field in the option that you enter RSS data. There, you can use something like this let's say:
Okay, I understand now.

There is no criteria system implementation in this add-on yet.
Okay, well, that would be good to have.

And about 25 RSS, see
That's not a limit by my addon. Unfortunately that is out of my control. My addon let's you have unlimited feed either in RSS or in social media.

If your site is really big and you need to have +25 feeds from a lot of website in the same time, I think it's a good idea to pay rss2json a little bit and increase your limit (I also always check and see if a good company will provide an alternative for it that is totally free, to replace it.

Okay, well, that would be good to have.
But how that can help you? I feel like the only way to do what you want is to do what I explained.

There is only 1 field that contains all rss feeds. If I implement criteria system for addon it will affect the whole ticker, not individual feed inside one option. But condiyionals can affect in each part of the content in that option.

I can think if 1 nice way for it, but that requires rewriting the Maddon's option for feeds, to have a lot of suboptions to ask all pieces of the code from you. Sort of making a form to ask the data for every single part of the us code, and for each row, it gives you full criteria system. Sort of like what I did in Floating Menu addon. But that would require a lot of coding and will take time. (I agree that can make the addon much more feature rich and easier to use specially for new to XF users, but unfortunately I can't spend too much time for an option that is not critical, unless there be enough investment for it. (By not being critical I mean even without it addon is working perfectly, but with it things will be much easier)

@sbj ,

as it reads you´re trying to achieve something like a multilingual board. I´ve done this last year and - while everyone was insisting, this wouldn´t and couldn´t work - achieved a nearly 95% multilingual board. Problem is, you have to incorporate and seperate everything from each language from another. Talking about own categories, own forums, own widgets, own blocks, etc, etc, etc. I did this with every language available here in the ressource section and the biggest problem was, that every addon (official or not) has to be translated in every other language. With a moderate number of 15 add-ons the workload would have been about 1 year, just for translations. That´s where I had to give up on it, since I couldn´t afford to pay native speakers for proper and contextual translations. A pity.

One thing you should have bought while @au lait from XenMade was around in the community, is his multilingual add-on. This was, to my knowledge, the only add-on that handled automatic language switching correctly and implemented language dependencies and requirements on node level. Unfortunal au lait is gone, his add-ons deleted and unavailable and he won´t come back.

That all in mind it leaves you with the fact, that you will have to use conditionals as Dadparvar lined out above. Extensivly. If you only have 2 languages, that´s may be possible. But I wouldn´t encourage you to go that path, if you have more then 2, if you don´t own a software house with 20+ people working on that task for you ;)

Just a little issue found with the alignment (only for those who already have the badge and/or are those who havet o approve them) in the account panel overlay:
can you show a little bigger screenshot to help me see what is exactly the issue?

In default style, and 2 standard 3rd party styles that I have it's totally fine. (the alignment doesn't have a specific styling to cause an issue. it is the menu's default structure. but if you help me know what you exactly are facing with, then I might be able to help you with)

Top Bottom