[HA] News Ticker

[HA] News Ticker [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($39.99)
This property isnt working...i've set i to white but it still shows up as dark blue.
Fixed :)
Will be added to package in next version.
If you need to add it to your add-on, just do this. Open "dad_news_ticker_breakingnt.css" template and add this code:
Code:
.bn-custom>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-darkred>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-red>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-green>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-purple>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-turquoise>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-orange>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-black>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-yellow>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-light>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-pink>.bn-title>h2>a{color:@dad_newsticker_bnt_title_text;}
Then close it! After that go to style properties of Breaking News Ticker and choose the color you want and save it.
That should be done.

Last edited:
Fixed :)
Will be added to package in next version.
If you need to add it to your add-on, just do this. Open "" and add this code:
Code:
.bn-custom>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-darkred>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-red>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-green>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-purple>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-turquoise>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-orange>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-black>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-yellow>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-light>.bn-title>h2>a,.bn-pink>.bn-title>h2>a{color:@dad_newsticker_bnt_title_text;}
Then close it! After that go to style properties of Breaking News Ticker and choose the color you want and save it.
That should be done.
Open what? ""?

I have a request...

Is it possible to add a button to the messages in the news feeds so that when you click that button, it makes a new thread in a forum with the title of that news message?
Something like the the registered feeds option in Xenforo, but this button must only open a new thread when you click that button and for that message only.

Hop you understand what I mean, enlish is not my native language ;)

I have a request...

Is it possible to add a button to the messages in the news feeds so that when you click that button, it makes a new thread in a forum with the title of that news message?
Something like the the registered feeds option in Xenforo, but this button must only open a new thread when you click that button and for that message only.

Understood.
I didn't test it to see if its easy to add or not. But it seems it will not be so needed in fact, really.
I'm going to add "Must Have" features in my limited free time. So that you have as much professional add-on as possible.
And next 3 version are planned with must have suggestions. (of course for small useful suggestions always there is time ;))
Hope you get what I mean.
(but in future I'll try to see if I can add that for you. But don't promise. Until 1.1.0 I'll finish adding new designs and will focus on improving stability of add-on and its details.)

Last edited:
i had installed this addon but when i put my own site rss url it makes my sites go down after few min don't know why ? but when addon is disabled everything works fine no downtime, seems like it inc. server load alot :(

Also can you add a feature of showing threads title from a specified forum directly witout RSS ?

@Dadparvar

i had installed this addon but when i put my own site rss url it makes my sites go down after few min don't know why ? but when addon is disabled everything works fine no downtime, seems like it inc. server load alot :(
I don't think so. It doesn't bring heavy process to server. I use simple codes to add features. (Although I'll improve it since 1.1.X and so.)
If you are interested in, I can check your site to see what is going on there.
If you are so, then start a new conversation with me.

Also can you add a feature of showing threads title from a specified forum directly witout RSS ?
Would you mind explain it more? so that I get what you exactly mean?
(because I have something in my mind. That will be added until 1.1.0. I want to know if you mean that or not)

Would you mind explain it more? so that I get what you exactly mean?
(because I have something in my mind. That will be added until 1.1.0. I want to know if you mean that or not)

i don't wish to use that RSS feature, i want to display posts from specified forum only, latest post, latest threads etc :)

i don't wish to use that RSS feature, i want to display posts from specified forum only, latest post, latest threads etc :)
aha.
I'm going to add a new full featured design that you will be able to do lots of things with it.
A new feature that I'm going to add to this add-on as a gift is "Latest Content". Something that needed for any forum.
Maybe that option fits your needs. :)

aha.
I'm going to add a new full featured design that you will be able to do lots of things with it.
A new feature that I'm going to add to this add-on as a gift is "Latest Content". Something that needed for any forum.
Maybe that option fits your needs. :)
thats a good feature but i was looking to show only from specific nodes like posts only from Announcement section :P

but will be waiting for new version :)

Dadparvar updated [HA] News Ticker with a new update entry:

Super Update (Swift)

This is an awesome super update that I think will fit all your needs. A new design is added to tickers called "Swift Ticker" that has 3 parts:
  • Swift Ticker - RSS
  • Swift Ticker - Social
  • Swift Ticker - Custom News
You can combine them, or you can use them separately. In each way, you are free to use them all together everywhere you want.

Just like other Ticker in my add-on, this new design has:
  • enable/disable in Mobile
  • Positions
  • Activate/Deactivate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: the
I have a request...

This an amazing idea.

Have the ticker, with a POST or SHARE button.
Click that, instant makes a thread with the RSS headline as the title and the first XXX number of characters pulled into the post inside a quote block with link back to the original?

That would give users the ability to rapidly share a news article but only the excerpt without just copying and pasting where the original author does not get click backs.

This an amazing idea.

Have the ticker, with a POST or SHARE button.
Click that, instant makes a thread with the RSS headline as the title and the first XXX number of characters pulled into the post inside a quote block with link back to the original?

That would give users the ability to rapidly share a news article but only the excerpt without just copying and pasting where the original author does not get click backs.
Yes, that's a good idea.
Maybe I add it in future. But let me make the add-on as stable as it must. Then we will work on details and new big features.
Soon a dedicated board will be created for my add-on(s), so that we will be tracking things better.

Reactions: the
Dadparvar updated [HA] News Ticker with a new update entry:

Clarification

This update contains no new feature.
Its just for clarification of my licenses for libraries that I used in my add-on.

It seems there was a question with some users that if I have appropriate licenses for libraries (like Swift Ticker, Breaking News Ticker, and other designs) that I used in my add-on or not?

The Answer is YES! Some of them are free to use and everyone can use it in their products and some of them are paid libraries (like Swift Ticker and breaking news ticker ... or any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom