GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

As a customer, I would appreciate if you could focus on fixing any/all bugs that were reported before adding new features. Then we could at least have a stable version that can be deployed. I, for one, will still use this program I paid for if you get it free of the bugs reported.

Ups, he is back.

Mr. Goodie, stay at home with your bad internet connection and don´t promise things for the future.
If you come back because you need money then find another job and don´t try to get new customers here with empty promises.

What will you do now? Will you show us a Gold in the next view days?
I think you will fix some bugs to show that you are working and in a view weeks you will leave the community again (the fourth time).

Not with me.

As a customer, I would appreciate if you could focus on fixing any/all bugs that were reported before adding new features. Then we could at least have a stable version that can be deployed. I, for one, will still use this program I paid for if you get it free of the bugs reported.
To be honest, I have gotten lost while getting back with the project and might need a little more help than I expected. I am sending out email to all my customers so that anyone who stumbled across something they can report back to me so that I can patch them up. I know it's a long shot and the only way I can properly debug the issues that are currently outstanding.

Ups, he is back.

Mr. Goodie, stay at home with your bad internet connection and don´t promise things for the future.
If you come back because you need money then find another job and don´t try to get new customers here with empty promises.

What will you do now? Will you show us a Gold in the next view days?
I think you will fix some bugs to show that you are working and in a view weeks you will leave the community again (the fourth time).

Not with me.
This kind of attitude will not help anyone, sorry.

Back in November I was gone because my phone, which was my only medium to connect to the internet, broke, I didn't have any other way to get back to you and it was already too late when I returned home. This time, I do not have any reason to back me up other than me getting into my personal issues and slacking off from my work.

I also do not need money. From where I came, my family is quite well off and I do these just as a hobby and making some extra pocket money.

And no, I wont release a gold within the next few days. I do believe that application is still missing some important modules to make it to gold. But I am going to provide regular updates to remove any bugs and add new feature one at a time.
So you can say the gold wont be here for the next month or so.

I know I haven't been man enough and would go under the radar at worst possible times. I know I have already been flagged: this is the last time I will be allowed to post resources here so I am going to use this last lifeline wisely.
If you are not satisfied with my word and work then I am sorry because I have nothing else to offer.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Now to the matter at hand:
I will be sending out emails to my current customers and hopefully will be able to compile a list of current bugs that needs to be fixed ASAP. I will be compiling them for the next 4 days. That is till 27th September, 2016. And then, after looking at the number of reports and the time that it will take, I will provide an ETA for the next build (RC 7). And also discuss my current milestones of the project with you guys and a proper timeline this time.

Hoping everyone will be as much cooperative as possible.

Now to the matter at hand:
I will be sending out emails to my current customers and hopefully will be able to compile a list of current bugs that needs to be fixed ASAP. I will be compiling them for the next 4 days. That is till 27th September, 2016. And then, after looking at the number of reports and the time that it will take, I will provide an ETA for the next build (RC 7). And also discuss my current milestones of the project with you guys and a proper timeline this time.

Hoping everyone will be as much cooperative as possible.

Just got your email, welcome back sir! :)

We're all glad to see you back in action!

edit. Looking forward to seeing the addon progress, what you'd done already was awesome, can't wait to see where you take it from here and ofcourse work towards the finished product! :D Trust me, I know what it's like to slack on work. I've probably procrastinated more than you on my projects. Thanks for the update.

Item List

1. Bump system permissions are broken.

Upgraded usergroups should be able to bump more often. The system currently uses the highest permission value rather than the lowest.

View attachment 134173

2. Unable to upload images from iOS.

3. The open/close/completed system needs work.

I think the "ad status/ad state" system is fantastic. Correct me if I'm wrong here. As I understand this feature, members are able to mark their ads open, closed, or completed, and the system can mark them expired. Closed would mean the item is either sold pending funds, the seller changed their mind, etc. and the seller can re-open the ad at a later time. Completed means the item was sold, traded, or found, and once marked completed the ad cannot be re-opened.

- When a user closes their ad they're instructed that they 'may not be able to open it again'. I don't see a permission for this and normal users are not able to re-open their closed ads. If I assign them the classified moderator permission "open/close classifieds by anyone" then they can open and close their ads.
- Members aren't able to change their ad status from closed to completed. Closed ads must first be re-opened and then marked completed. If we're using the closed status to indicate the item may be 'sold pending funds' then they should have the ability to change it to completed once the sale is made.

4. The system lacks the ability to mark ads viewed/read. Titles remain in bold even after they're viewed.

5. Missing tabs on member profile pages when GFN tabs are selected.

Also an issue with the tabs on the member profile page. With the Trading Profile tab selected it doesn't show all of the other tabs. I haven't seen any other add-on with this issue. I'd really like to see the core classifieds focused on before the trade rating component of it. We already have a viable solution for feedback, but we desperately need to get these last few bugs ironed out so we can go live with this new classified system.

iTrader Tab

View attachment 134174

GFN Classifieds Tab

View attachment 134175

Other Items

I believe right now the only two things holding us up is the bump issue above and the additional permissions mentioned below. For now we will disable the GFN feedback system and continue using XenCentral Trading System. Items 2-4 below are suggestions.

1. Additional Permissions - We need an additional set of edit permissions for thread titles (both can edit and time limit for editing). We have an issue with people changing their titles to SOLD or similar once the item has sold, which causes problems with our SEO.
  2. Character Limits - I found out I can limit characters for the title and taglines (or any other input field) by simply adding maxlength="<limit>" to any of the <input> tags. This would be a simple option to add to the options in the future, especially useful to prevent style issues like in the image below. I plan on adding a real-time character count to the submission page as well.
  3. Location - I love how the location feature interfaces with the Google API, but it's unusable right now because it doesn't list the state or the zip code. It'd be great if we had a way to choose which fields showed up (house number, street, city, state, zip code, etc).
  4. Search - As @oljo mentioned, the ability to add custom filters and search custom fields would be a huge benefit. The ultimate would be the ability to search or filter by any of the location parameters, or even within a radius of a given address.

Last edited:
Item List

1. Bump system permissions are broken.

Upgraded usergroups should be able to bump more often. The system currently uses the highest permission value rather than the lowest.

View attachment 134173

2. Unable to upload images from iOS.

3. The open/close/completed system needs work.

I think the "ad status/ad state" system is fantastic. Correct me if I'm wrong here. As I understand this feature, members are able to mark their ads open, closed, or completed, and the system can mark them expired. Closed would mean the item is either sold pending funds, the seller changed their mind, etc. and the seller can re-open the ad at a later time. Completed means the item was sold, traded, or found, and once marked completed the ad cannot be re-opened.

- When a user closes their ad they're instructed that they 'may not be able to open it again'. I don't see a permission for this and normal users are not able to re-open their closed ads. If I assign them the classified moderator permission "open/close classifieds by anyone" then they can open and close their ads.
- Members aren't able to change their ad status from closed to completed. Closed ads must first be re-opened and then marked completed. If we're using the closed status to indicate the item may be 'sold pending funds' then they should have the ability to change it to completed once the sale is made.

4. The system lacks the ability to mark ads viewed/read. Titles remain in bold even after they're viewed.

5. Missing tabs on member profile pages when GFN tabs are selected.

Also an issue with the tabs on the member profile page. With the Trading Profile tab selected it doesn't show all of the other tabs. I haven't seen any other add-on with this issue. I'd really like to see the core classifieds focused on before the trade rating component of it. We already have a viable solution for feedback, but we desperately need to get these last few bugs ironed out so we can go live with this new classified system.

iTrader Tab

View attachment 134174

GFN Classifieds Tab

View attachment 134175

Other Items

Good summary but I personally support simplification of the ad lifecycle. Ads are either open or closed.

Workflow as follows: Ads can be marked as closed, seller is taken to a popup to select whether item was sold on the board (feedback optional window) or NOT on the board (no feedback prompt) OR you'd like to delete ad. Item is marked as closed and that's that. There's no separate Delete function.

Introducing an intermediary state means most sellers simply won't bother. Just follow the kijiji model and you'll be safe.

Also I recall there was a bug with notifications not working i.e. if my ad is expired I should be alerted, if my ad is about to expire (perhaps a configurable ACP param) x days before expiry I should get an alert also to renew.

Another feature request was auto-bumping of classified threads whenever BUMP button is hit.

Also definitely needs more Geography filters within the classified sidebar (not search that few will use). Filters for country, state/province, city at a minimum.

I'll keep adding to this.

Last edited:
Good summary but I personally support simplification of the ad lifecycle. Ads are either open or closed.

Workflow as follows: Ads can be marked as closed, seller is taken to a popup to select whether item was sold on the board (feedback optional window) or NOT on the board (no feedback prompt) OR you'd like to delete ad. Item is marked as closed and that's that. There's no separate Delete function.

Introducing an intermediary state means most sellers simply won't bother. Just follow the kijiji model and you'll be safe.

Thinking this over, you're absolutely right. Sometimes I overthink things :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Do note that I will be mainly focusing on fixing the bugs for the time being. :)

I would like to see a complete XenPorta module done so I can promote Classifieds on my site home page...
To be frank, I am not currently thinking of adding such support while the add-on is still in BETA.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have resumed my work from today and currently working on bug fixes. I have created a GitHub repo to handle bug reports and feature requests for the time being as we currently don't have a dedicated site for the add-on and handling these in this thread is tough to manage: https://github.com/gfnlabs/classifieds/issues

Some issues have been posted there. Please do check them out and post your suggestions/comments/reports if possible.

Thank you @Joe Link for helping me out with this :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have resumed my work from today and currently working on bug fixes. I have created a GitHub repo to handle bug reports and feature requests for the time being as we currently don't have a dedicated site for the add-on and handling these in this thread is tough to manage: https://github.com/gfnlabs/classifieds/issues

Some issues have been posted there. Please do check them out and post your suggestions/comments/reports if possible.

Thank you @Joe Link for helping me out with this :)

Alright, gave you enough top of the head suggestions to keep you busy for a while.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

First off, thank you for this add-on. Despite some incomplete features and delay in final product, for the past year it has truly become the backbone of my online business. I am a big fan of your work, and I hope you do not give up on this and see this through to completion.

Now a question: how do sellers receive seller ratings? I see the seller stats but can't figure out how to utilize it.

Now a question: how do sellers receive seller ratings? I see the seller stats but can't figure out how to utilize it.
Currently the workflow is a little messy: When the seller posts a rating for the second party, the second party gets an alert that he/she has been rated and when they view the rating there will be a call-to-action button saying to rate the seller.
To be honest I am not sure how this workflow can be optimized. So feel free to post your suggestions @ https://github.com/gfnlabs/classifieds/issues/ if possible :)

Currently the workflow is a little messy: When the seller posts a rating for the second party, the second party gets an alert that he/she has been rated and when they view the rating there will be a call-to-action button saying to rate the seller.
To be honest I am not sure how this workflow can be optimized. So feel free to post your suggestions @ https://github.com/gfnlabs/classifieds/issues/ if possible :)

So how does the seller post a rating for the second party? I don't see that option.

It's very important to me that the feedback system works well and is easy to use. It should be simple for the buyer to rate the seller.

Top Bottom