GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Installed and did a quick test, so far so good though the filters are showing countries and states/provinces with 0 count for classifieds which is a bug I suspect @Mr. Goodie2Shoes. Should only show countries and provinces with > 0 active classifieds.

which is a bug I suspect @Mr. Goodie2Shoes. Should only show countries and provinces with > 0 active classifieds.
That's not really a bug but requires some improvements. As there can be classifieds under that location that are pending/moderated/closed/expired.
This one is mostly a test run so the code is going to change depending on the user feedback.

That's not really a bug but requires some improvements. As there can be classifieds under that location that are pending/moderated/closed/expired.
This one is mostly a test run so the code is going to change depending on the user feedback.

That would be ok for an admin user but right now showing it for everyone and clicking through shows blank pages (on a territory without ads). I assume from long deleted ads. It's a good start.

On a UX side note, good to show a Plus sign next to the parent nodes with listings to prompt users to click to expand. I know I can do this myself but it's a common UX practice. Ajaxifying that filter would be nice too :)

Anyway, my suggestion, definitely only show filter for active ads only. Also add city to it if you can.

Thanks.

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes Pls add classifieds settings to XF Notices System.
I've added notice to unregistered users/members that is present on entire forum. I tried to prevent showing notice in classifieds section but there are no settings associated with classifieds in notices system

I've added notice to unregistered users/members that is present on entire forum. I tried to prevent showing notice in classifieds section but there are no settings associated with classifieds in notices system
There is no straight forward way to disable the notice in the classifieds section at this moment. I will see what I can do.

Receiving this server error:

Code:
[/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B]Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function dump() - library/GFNClassifieds/Model/Classified.php:1155
Generated By: Groundhog, Today at 12:03 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(243) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/classifieds/traders/groundhog.40459/classifieds/?profile=1&_xfRequestUri=%2Fmembers%2Fgroundhog.40459%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=40459%2C1477411384%2Cb51a1e8c13f625277919400c188f788125e3901e&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
   ["profile"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/members/groundhog.40459/"
   ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfToken"] => string(57) "40459,1477411384,b51a1e8c13f625277919400c188f788125e3901e"
   ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Can you PLEASE fix this error, and issue an update. Also, can you NOT issue updates until bugs have been eliminated.
We did not sign on to be your beta testers.

Can you PLEASE fix this error, and issue an update. Also, can you NOT issue updates until bugs have been eliminated.
We did not sign on to be your beta testers.

Actually yes you did. YOU bought the software before it was finished. It's clearly marked as such.

And that server error is from something you've messed up. It gives no errors at all, used it both on fresh installs and upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes you did. YOU bought the software before it was finished. It's clearly marked as such.

I will second that! This developer has always marked his add-ons accordingly and has always told everyone up-front when they are in beta mode, etc.

It's too bad you cannot say the same thing about other developers who upload stuff here to xenForo. I can think of 2 or 3 already…

Error directly related to GFN classifieds :

However, after messing around with that and trying to post a classified I now get this error (especially when navigating to 'Home" or "Classifieds"; fatal error: Call to undefined functiondump() in home/hobbymec/public_html/library/GFNClassifides/model/calssified.pnp on line 1155

I will second that! This developer has always marked his add-ons accordingly and has always told everyone up-front when they are in beta mode, etc.

It's too bad you cannot say the same thing about other developers who upload stuff here to xenForo. I can think of 2 or 3 already…

Do you know how to fix this error :

However, after messing around with that and trying to post a classified I now get this error (especially when navigating to 'Home" or "Classifieds"; fatal error: Call to undefined functiondump() in home/hobbymec/public_html/library/GFNClassifides/model/calssified.pnp on line 1155

It's clearly from GFN classifieds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys please give me the time to get back to your responses?
I have pushed a silent bug fix for the issue as soon as it was posted: https://github.com/gfnlabs/classifieds/issues/30 didn't you receive the mail?

Attacking me like that, calling my work a piece of junk wont really help anyone.
Yes, this is a BETA product. Yes, you are paying $50 to become BETA testers. That IS how things work. And $50 is the discounted price for this product because it is in BETA. The point of a public BETA is to iron out any and all bugs that hasn't come up during ALPHA and private BETA testing. If you expected a complete, fully working product then my apologies. :(

I rolled back to the prior version, and the error disappeared.

So yes, it is an error in GFNclassifieds and in version RC7.

Can you guys please give me the time to get back to your responses?
I have pushed a silent bug fix for the issue as soon as it was posted: https://github.com/gfnlabs/classifieds/issues/30 didn't you receive the mail?

Attacking me like that, calling my work a piece of junk wont really help anyone.
Yes, this is a BETA product. Yes, you are paying $50 to become BETA testers. That IS how things work. And $50 is the discounted price for this product because it is in BETA. The point of a public BETA is to iron out any and all bugs that hasn't come up during ALPHA and private BETA testing. If you expected a complete, fully working product then my apologies. :(
I didn't receive the mail. I do think we should be working on mostly bugs and the rating/feedback features.

....and since I reverted back to RC6, not one error has been generated.

Therefore, RC7 was certainly the cause of the error I originally posted:

Receiving this server error:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function dump() - library/GFNClassifieds/Model/Classified.php:1155
Generated By: Groundhog, Today at 12:03 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(243) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/classifieds/traders/groundhog.40459/classifieds/?profile=1&_xfRequestUri=%2Fmembers%2Fgroundhog.40459%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=40459%2C1477411384%2Cb51a1e8c13f625277919400c188f788125e3901e&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
   ["profile"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/members/groundhog.40459/"
   ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfToken"] => string(57) "40459,1477411384,b51a1e8c13f625277919400c188f788125e3901e"
   ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Have you fixed this yet?

Top Bottom