GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Please, i really want to shorten the date for expiring:

$classified.expire_date in

Is it possible to add a formatter to have only the days?

{xen:helper classifiedExpiresIn, $classified.expire_date}

i tried now:

{xen:time $classified.expire_date, 'd'} plus phrase for days.

A perfect solution would be: show days if days > 0, else show hours

Last edited:
How to exclude the output plug-in widgets to pages goodForNothing Classifieds or befriend him with a plug [bd] Widget Framework? :D

Has anyone solved the Responsive Problem in "Classifieds -> Your Classifieds"?
The List isn´t reponsive. If you smaller your Browser the Desription(s) are looking like a Scyscraper
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-01 um 21.37.02.webp

Last edited:
Question for the users here - Is that actually a working, functioning Add-on? I ask because doing a bit of a dig it's really the only/Best solution out there for what i want to do, however I am more than concerned about the Developer's lack of engagement. Is it worth it?

I completely understand that this is Beta, and have no problems with that, however the concern i have is based around the product itself and it's support.

Any feedback would be good. Thx :)

It works! Thats for sure. There are a few things not working well but with very less php/css knowledge you also get that done. No big things.
How to think about the coder, everyone has to decide for themselves....

I bought it because my new project is based on classifieds and it´s the only one as you wrote already.
It has a good Base to work on. If the Coder would be a bit more active this can become a very unique one in this division.
If not... I have to think about a crowdfunding ;)

Maybe with xf2 someone else will earn Money too ;)

Question for the users here - Is that actually a working, functioning Add-on? I ask because doing a bit of a dig it's really the only/Best solution out there for what i want to do, however I am more than concerned about the Developer's lack of engagement. Is it worth it?

I completely understand that this is Beta, and have no problems with that, however the concern i have is based around the product itself and it's support.

It's the best there is for XF right now and it does work. The question you have to ask yourself is can you live with the current functionality and on the current XF version for the foreseeable future because there's no guarantee that this will work in future with an XF upgrade. If not are you ok to remove this in future? It's very difficult to remove functionality from an active forum where it is utilized to any great degree. You basically should treat this as an unsupported addon.

I'm not aware of any breaking issues with the current version. There are usability problems though.

The product is very promising. I installed it and it worked for a month without any issues (well, my forum is new so about 30 adverts have been created so far).
Last week it stopped generating new adverts and I am awaiting for developer's advice since last Friday. Not sure how much more time I have to wait to get his attention.

there's no guarantee that this will work in future with an XF upgrade
For myself i have to take this in purchase, hoping that @Mr. Goodie2Shoes will work on it, also in future.

My last PC was on Dec 28, 2016.
Maybe he´s still in Holiday.. So give him bit more time. New Year just started. If he´s not answering within the next Weeks we maybe have to think about what to do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses all :)

Is there anything that DOESNT work - For example does the feedback work? Comments and moderation work?

Thanks again (and apologies for all the questions!)

and apologies for all the questions!

No worries.
Comment System/Moderation/Forum Discussions works all fine at all.
The Look of a single Advert needs some adjusting but as i wrote a lil bit css/php/html will do the job easily

Edit: One problem is that Skyscraper Effect and i have no idea how to solve that

I have it working in a large forum. Small problems that require some (minor) code work but are working!
Main problem is the future...

Have tested the Rating System a few Times now on my Test Board and so far it works perfect. Man this is very well thought out. The whole Addon is.
I would even pay another 50 Bucks for an Upgrade and/or a xf2 Version.

What i´m missing, maybe as a suggestion, is a "Make an Offer" Button that can be accepted/declined/reoffered...
And something, after an Advert is marked as sold/accepted, to enter a Tracking Code.
Maybe something similar like Ebay has. "Marked as Send" and after enter a Tracking Number

Last edited:
I did a complete rework of the Grid View and the Single Advert Infos now too. Got inspired by Vitor and could not stop anymore ;)
Still not done cause it needs a lot of time and sometimes a Coffee Break is needed too but i like it this way.
The "Contact Advertiser" Button is underneath the Sidebar Image Slider Block, not visible because it´s my Advert ;) But it´s there ;)
All Buttons that where on Top have been deleted because they are in the Sidebar Block. Will also Style that part a bit later.

The Grid View now has 4 Adverts in a Row, The Prefix is on Top and Descriptions are in one Line each. If a Title is cut off it will be visible on hover, no Idea how else to solve it. Was 2 Days of Work and still not done yet. All realized with TMS

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-05 um 15.14.58.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-05 um 15.14.58.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-04 um 17.19.33.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-04 um 17.19.33.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-05 um 15.19.10.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-05 um 15.19.10.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom