GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Guys, even though the guy has not logged on here since that time I would just about bet you money that he will eventually show up again and start working on it. I could be wrong, but in some of those places (countries) like where he lives transportation is a real issue and if he has been in school and away from home months can go by before he shows up again.

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt and just wait and see what happens.

Sorry. If that's your situation, don't make any promises and don't become a coder where responses and fixes are important to people who pay you for your product. My sympathy has ran out

Is anyone else having an issue in the user's profile tabs...it is very strange

1. Go to any user's profile
2. Click on the "Trading Profile" tab
3. Next click on the "Profile Posts" tab

The page jumps down to below the tabs line...very strange...is anyone else noticed this and if so do you know of a fix?

After my Facebook messages he replied yesterday saying that he well come back in a few days and that he don't want to sell this addon to another developer.

The only thing I can't understand is why he can connect to facebook.com and not to xenforo.com :(

He did post here, just not in this thread...
I meant this thread...just a shout out with a one-line update would have been appreciated. I've pretty much given up on this addon and was hopeful that someone else would take it over, even if it does get finished, I don't have much confidence anymore that it will be supported well.

Hello,
I haven't gotten back to this thread because I am yet to finish all the messages that have been posted since. I know I have lost everyone's trust by now for not being able to keep my words. And that's the main reason for my unfortunate coders' block. And I wasn't man enough to get back with this. This isn't the only project that I left hanging: all my projects are in the same condition and I can't explain how sorry I am for that.

But, this is a project that I created from scratch. Gave a lot of time and sweat to come to this stage and I really have no intention to hand this project over to someone else. It will be unfortunately, obviously, if my existing customer base don't use this product anymore. And that's expected and there's only me to blame.

Again, I can't say enough how sorry I am to leave everyone hanging. And I will get back with ETA on the next release, which will mostly focus on the bugs reported since and the changes to Google's API.

Hello,
I haven't gotten back to this thread because I am yet to finish all the messages that have been posted since. I know I have lost everyone's trust by now for not being able to keep my words. And that's the main reason for my unfortunate coders' block. And I wasn't man enough to get back with this. This isn't the only project that I left hanging: all my projects are in the same condition and I can't explain how sorry I am for that.

But, this is a project that I created from scratch. Gave a lot of time and sweat to come to this stage and I really have no intention to hand this project over to someone else. It will be unfortunately, obviously, if my existing customer base don't use this product anymore. And that's expected and there's only me to blame.

Again, I can't say enough how sorry I am to leave everyone hanging. And I will get back with ETA on the next release, which will mostly focus on the bugs reported since and the changes to Google's API.

If you intend to release another version I suggest you do a quick summary of what your intentions are and what's needed for this addon to go to Gold. Very fortunately for you no one has stepped up (or they have and flaked out) and released a competing addon so you are in spite of all that's happened still ahead of the game. So firstly you need to start posting very regular and very realistic updates on what your plans are for this addon.

Secondly there were a number of suggestions all over the place that were agreed to and subsequently abandoned (mostly on your site and by email). You need to revisit those or invite current users to repost them. Some suggestions I believe are needed to complete a Gold version of this addon.

I don't know who is still using this, but there are bound to be a few sites, mine included that still run this.

If you intend to release another version I suggest you do a quick summary of what your intentions are and what's needed for this addon to go to Gold. Very fortunately for you no one has stepped up (or they have and flaked out) and released a competing addon so you are in spite of all that's happened still ahead of the game. So firstly you need to start posting very regular and very realistic updates on what your plans are for this addon.

Secondly there were a number of suggestions all over the place that were agreed to and subsequently abandoned (mostly on your site and by email). You need to revisit those or invite current users to repost them. Some suggestions I believe are needed to complete a Gold version of this addon.

I don't know who is still using this, but there are bound to be a few sites, mine included that still run this.
I have noted most of the old suggestions and bug reports in my private git repo but will still need to reconfirm that so gonna send out mails to the existing customers. :)

Sure, after being gone for months on several occasions. At this point I've uninstalled the addon and wrote off the money I spent on it.

Yeah, but it's your fault for buying something when you knew full well it wasn’t done and was still in beta, or at RC status depending on when you did it. That's the chance you take. I want this add-on too, but I'm not willing to shell out any money for it or put up with the problems until it is ready. I did that years ago and know better now.

There's a point to be made here or at least a lesson to be learned. Look at how long it’s taking the Simple Machines Forum team to release v2.1 How long have they been working on that one? Not much different. Some of the add-on developers here create these add-ons in their spare time. Sometimes it takes a while.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's your fault for buying something when you knew full well it wasn’t done and was still in beta, or at RC status depending on when you did it.

I didn't complain it was in Beta or RC status --- I complained that the developer has be gone for months at a time, come back and promise it wouldn't happen again. This has happened several times and has nothing to do with the status of the addon. You also have absolutely no idea what the developer has told me in private. I was involved with this addon before it was released, (which is before you even joined XF) --- I'm sorry, but perhaps your not in the best position to comment on my opinion.

I didn't complain it was in Beta or RC status --- I complained that the developer has be gone for months at a time, come back and promise it wouldn't happen again. This has happened several times and has nothing to do with the status of the addon. You also have absolutely no idea what the developer has told me in private. I was involved with this addon before it was released, (which is before you even joined XF) --- I'm sorry, but perhaps your not in the best position to comment on my opinion.

The best thing to do here is just let it go and see if he starts working on it again for the people who still want it.

Top Bottom