Gift User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

I'm having the same issue where I have to define "Non Upgradeable Groups" before it'll allow purchases for members who aren't already upgraded.

Just to confirm what you mean is that no one can purchase an upgrade unless there is at least one group defined there?

Both other bugs have been fixed, but since they are so minor I will include them when I do the 1.3 update.

Just an update. Now that XF 1.3 is out I'll be updating the addon shortly, however I will be out of town this weekend so it should be done by early / mid next week. The current version may still work with 1.3 but use at your own risk.

Last time this addon was updated, it fixed this bug:

"- Fixed a bug that would display a security error if the user returned to the page from paypal"

And after I upgraded, the bug was indeed fixed and all seemed well for a while. However last night a user of my forum reported that they received this bug again, the error was: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again" - so it seems users are now seeing this instead of the thank you page.

I'm not sure why the bug would be back, as I haven't changed anything on my forum lately that I can recall. I'm running XF version 1.1.5 still. Checked server error logs but couldn't find anything related unfortunately.

To be honest, I'm really surprised that there isn't a ton of interest in this add-on.

I don't think forum administrators realize just how much revenue they're missing out on with gift subscriptions...

To be honest, I'm really surprised that there isn't a ton of interest in this add-on.

I don't think forum administrators realize just how much revenue they're missing out on with gift subscriptions...
When it comes to 1.3 I'm on it like a fat man on a pie.

Yeah I am very interested in this for 1.3. But a feature I really would like to see is an alert for the user who receives the upgrade. So if user X gifts an upgrade to user Y, then Y will see an alert that says user X gifted you an upgrade. I think this would really be great.

Just an update. Now that XF 1.3 is out I'll be updating the addon shortly, however I will be out of town this weekend so it should be done by early / mid next week. The current version may still work with 1.3 but use at your own risk.
I have $20 burning a hole in my pocket. Make it happen bro! Love your work!

Top Bottom