Gift User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

What was the typo? Just curious as I might have corrected it already and if so I can skip this upgrade. Thanks!

Any luck with the security error on passing back from Paypal?

Apparently I stopped receiving notifications for this thread even thought I am watching it. Weird.

Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce that error with the sandbox on my test site. I have also not received any reports of this error on the live site I am an admin on however that could be related to it being on 1.1.2 as the owner has not wanted to upgrade yet.

If you would like to test this on a 1.1.3 install, I just installed your mod onto a dev site of mine, tested it and it did the same thing with a $1 testing subscription. A completely clean install with all other mods disabled, and it still did it, without showing an error to the error log.

I am more than happy to give you access... you can test it in a real environment, not sandbox, and I can just refund the $1 installments you make for each test.

This isn't working for me :(

PayPal accepts the money, but you don't get returned to the site properly, you get the Security error page and the user never gets upgraded.

Just tried it, still doesn't upgrade anyone, but you don't get an error page.

Wonder if this is an issue as I already have the 'Advanced User Upgrades' plugin also installed?

It fixes the error message. I use this, using the above temporary hack, and it works. I don't use the advanced user upgrades addon though, so maybe something you take up with Nathan.

I honestly think it is something in this addon that Sumo needs to add / has missed, because I run several other addons that do similar things, all handling their own payment transactions, and they all function perfectly together. It is only this one that has an issue.

Turns out it was down to me being an idiot! - Didn't upload the call back file, school boy error :(

Works fine now! - Thanks to Sumo for his help

I'm having problems allowing the default "member" group to have upgrades gifted to them. By default, I mean the group that users are promoted to upon validating their email.

If I manually promote a user to any other group (Or add any other secondary group), then that user can have Upgrades gifted to them. Anyone know how I could fix this?

It's a shame this user doesn't reply to messages or keep his add-on updated, despite it being paid and people actually wanting to give him money.

It's a shame this user doesn't reply to messages or keep his add-on updated, despite it being paid and people actually wanting to give him money.

I really don't have much faith in XenForo with the current situation. The addon still works fine despite the message and unless a critical bug appears I will most likely not be updating it, unless XenForo is actively developed again. Sorry, but I don't see the point in developing for what I and many others consider a dead platform.

I really don't have much faith in XenForo with the current situation. The addon still works fine despite the message and unless a critical bug appears I will most likely not be updating it, unless XenForo is actively developed again. Sorry, but I don't see the point in developing for what I and many others consider a dead platform.
Wait, what? Xenforo is dead :o

Please leave.
Wait, what? Xenforo is dead :eek:
I don't think so. At least i hope not. :c

Please leave.

I don't think so. At least i hope not. :c

First let me get this straight, you tell me to leave and then proceed to tell me you are unsure if it is dead? Second, no need to be so rude, I have my opinions and you have yours.

Wait, what? Xenforo is dead :eek:

It has not been updated in ~8 months, the developers have pretty much ceased communication and has been confirmed development has stopped until after the trial which does not have a date set yet. In the chance they do win it is supposed to be developed however if that actually happens who knows.

Top Bottom