Official XenForo Commerce Addon: Donations, Shop, Billing, Monetizing, Ads, Subs, affiliate, etc

Alpha1

IMHO financial features need to be in 1st party software because of the potential for abuse and the need for solid code.
Such functionality would give addon developers a wide range of possibilities.

Having such official addon would allow xenforo webmasters to generate much more income through new income streams which is good for the XenForo ecosystem as a whole.

I would very much like to see an official addon for monetizing. Functionality which could be included is:
  • Donations: custom amounts, gifts, goals, guest donations.
  • Advanced Subscriptions. Stacking, prolong, at registration, gift, etc.
  • Shop: sell digital products and real products.
  • Sell community content & features.
  • Paywall. Limit content viewing.
  • Payment links.
  • Credits & Wallet.
  • Classifieds.
  • Billing: send invoices for any of the above.
  • Commissions (take a % of sales)
  • Affiliate (give a % of sales)
  • Mailings to generate income by promoting the above.
  • Connector with bookkeeping software.
  • Connector with shipping software.
  • Connector with affiliate platforms.

If the basic functions of such a platform are there, then addon developers could expand on it.
I know this suggestion is a tall order, but I do think there is a need for this. Even if it starts small and is slowly expanded.

Upvote 171
I would really love to see this happen. I have been trying to add a donation option to my site, and it would be great to have more user upgrade features.

I would really love to see this happen. I have been trying to add a donation option to my site, and it would be great to have more user upgrade features.
ThemeHouse has a Donate add-on for XenForo, normal price $25. Use code: RAISEMONEY to get it for FREE.

ThemeHouse has a Donate add-on for XenForo, normal price $25. Use code: RAISEMONEY to get it for FREE.

Will have to look at this. I just bought a site and am planning on working to get it to generate at least enough so I can move it to my own hosting and pay for any fees to keep it running. A donation ability might help.

Top Bottom