Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 1.6.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
How does a user gift an upgrade, of one they've already purchased for them self? There's no option/button to gift it ....
View attachment 132906

AFAIK out if the box xF will not allow you to buy a subscription if you already bought it. Insisting you wait for it to expire first. However there are add-ons that get around this failing.

AFAIK out if the box xF will not allow you to buy a subscription if you already bought it. Insisting you wait for it to expire first.
Yes, but gifting it to someone else is totally seperate to buying it for yourself again. The 'gift' button/functionality should exist regardless.

Thanks, I've purchased this already, but I'll not install it till this is sorted. It's fundamental to it's usefulness.
Agreed. I currently have expiring upgrades active, with this add-on disabled until its working. They said shortly, lucky, I was just about to request a refund.

@Mouth @JamesBrown

I have fixed the issue with upgrades that have been purchased not being eligible for gifting. However, I'm not aware of any issues with expiring user upgrades?

It fixed the issue above, but only one of my upgrades can be gifted. The recurring upgrade at the top does not have a gift option....
View attachment 133627
That's how it's always been. I can't remember the exact reasoning since I originally made this add-on a long time ago but it was a conscious decision. I can always revisit it and add it in with a future update.
What about when the gifted upgrade expires? Does the gifter (the person whom originally purchased/gifted the upgrade) get an alert?
No, only the giftee will get an expiry alert at this time.

Nice! Features that increase income are very welcome.
I have another one I've been pondering on. Kind of been busy with a bunch of other things but it's something I've been wanting to do for a while. Exposing an optional gift button on member posts, similarly to how it's done on reddit with Gold.

Top Bottom