Gallery

Gallery 1.1.2

No permission to download
The error breaks the ACP too, have to manually disable the addon to remove the error by which time there are no errors in the log.
if there is any server errors they will be logged have a look at the cpanel error logs the error would be there if not in the xenforo error log.
without the error i cannot find or fix the problem you are having.

There are no errors in the xenforo error log.

I'll check the cpanel error log for you.

working on a new version at the moment to add mp3 slide shows,
where you will be able to upload an mp3 then add images to that mp3 to play a slide show while you listen to the mp3 file.

This is almost completed and will be uploaded to my site in the next few days to a weeks time,
once all is ok i will release it.

check that you have set the folders to 777 gallery_images and gallery_upload and all folders inside these folders
I'd like to install/test this add-on, but this is a big NO WAY, WARNING, MASSIVE EXPLOIT RISK to me. /gallery_images/ contains a LOT of php and js files, and I'll not make these readable and writeable to anyone. Any plans to address this in future?

I'd like to install/test this add-on, but this is a big NO WAY, WARNING, MASSIVE EXPLOIT RISK to me. /gallery_images/ contains a LOT of php and js files, and I'll not make these readable and writeable to anyone. Any plans to address this in future?
This will be changing in the next release

Here is an image of the new mp3 slide show player

upload_2016-7-18_23-37-49.webp
each of the dots is equal to a new image that will be loaded when progress bar hits it.

This has now been changed in the next release, you will have a new dir called gallery_includes and gallery_images is just for images that are used.
The gallery_images would be CHMOD 777 as thats where your gallery category images would be stored

hey all

Im sorry but my pc has just stopped working so need to get it fixed.
So this means the new version will not be released till i can sort this out.
As all the files are on that pc i have posted this on a bad laptop that just about works with one page open lol.

Will update you as soon as i get it fixed

Okay... So do you need Xenforo Media Gallery for this to work? Or is it a gallery system on it's own?
this has nothing to do with the xenforo media gallery that is made by @Chris D
this gallery system works on its own and is to give admins the chanve to have a free gallery system for there forum.
but if you want the one by Chris D i can tell you its a great add-on and has a lot more than this gallery system.

I'm now getting this...
Fatal error: Cannot create references to elements of a temporary array expression in /home/content/######/######/html/######/library/gallery/Model/gallery.php on line 888

Last edited:
I'm now getting this...
Fatal error: Cannot create references to elements of a temporary array expression in /home/content/######/######/html/######/library/gallery/Model/gallery.php on line 888
ill have a look into this for you.
could you post me a private message with the full error message so i can track this down fully

That error only occured when I was doing a repair. I fixed it, but the plugin had to be removed manually in order to do so. I've just uploaded all the files again, and CHMod 777 to the two gallery directors, and it's subfolders. This image shows where the main issue began. The website is www.earth2luke.com if you would like to take a look at it right now. I cannot even access the AdminCP. I can only see my FTP for the website.
5b5b6f767448b9a9b37d23bd57cc4726.png

That error only occured when I was doing a repair. I fixed it, but the plugin had to be removed manually in order to do so. I've just uploaded all the files again, and CHMod 777 to the two gallery directors, and it's subfolders. This image shows where the main issue began. The website is www.earth2luke.com if you would like to take a look at it right now. I cannot even access the AdminCP. I can only see my FTP for the website.
this does not give me any information about an error but this type of error is not down to the addon this might be down to the chmod's you have on some folders.
check that your public_html or www folder has the right cmod settings and has the right owner to that folder.
to get more info on the error have you looked here
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
you will find this in your cpanel or ask your web host to find this error and let me know

With any error message, particularly one as broad as the 500 Internal Server Error, you will first want to check any Apache and PHP error logs for your server. These logs can provide valuable context related to any code failures or other potential causes of a site failure. For information on where to find the logs for your server, please see: Where are the access_log and error_log for my server?

The logs for my hosting company had to be activated, and ran for a little bit. I even refreshed the page a few times to maybe spark it to write some errors.
So far, all I got was...

[Mon Aug 22 01:20:50 2016] [*DATABASE*] [fcgid:warn] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client **.***.**.***:51796] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Mon Aug 22 01:20:50 2016] [*DATABASE*] [core:error] [client **.***.**.***:51796] End of script output before headers: index.php

IPs blocked out in this quote.
This error repeats itself, pretty often.

Last edited:
I tried messing with permissions some more, and restarting from square 1.

Just got "Fatal error: Cannot create references to elements of a temporary array expression in .../gallery/Model/gallery.php on line 888" again.

Top Bottom