Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
I think there is a bug I found: if i activate Align image left in the Settings than my LoginBar on the top is gone away! Its just dissapear!
I cannot reproduce this. I am guessing it has something to do with your particular style.

Hi!
For transparent category Headers just look for .itembit.subHeading in el_portal.css and edit it like this:

Code:
.itembit .subHeading
{
    border-radius: 5px;

/* TRANSPARENCE */  
    box-shadow: inset rgba(0,0,0,0.6) 0px 1px 4px, inset rgba(40,40,40,0.6) 0px 100px 0;  
    @property "/html.background";
    background: rgb(0, 0, 0) url('@imagePath/YOUR-STYLE/background.jpg') no-repeat 50% 0;
    @property "/html.background";
    background-attachment: fixed;      
    /* END TRANSPARECE */

}

We had Russ make a template for us and he used this portal. We think it's very clean and simple and we like it, but we've noticed that if a user who is logged in goes to the portal page and follows a link to a thread, it appears they are logged out of the session. Any other tabs open to the forum remain logged in.

Anyone else notice this?

www.wondercafe2.ca

Your site is available at both www and non-www.
You need to force it to one or the other.

The FAQ in my signature explains how to do that.

@Dan, got the above issue figured out. The option to strip inline attachments was enabled.

Now we're running into another issue: I have enabled the Use as News Page option so everything's automatically sorted by date created. However, it doesn't seem to be working in places.

Have a look, specifically in Printing Press, and scroll through a few pages, paying attention to the dates.

The News Page never worked for me. I had this portal for more than a year online, but it caused me many problems to have it look like i wanted. Now i use featured threads from @Brogan and all is fine.

@Dan, got the above issue figured out. The option to strip inline attachments was enabled.

Now we're running into another issue: I have enabled the Use as News Page option so everything's automatically sorted by date created. However, it doesn't seem to be working in places.

Have a look, specifically in Printing Press, and scroll through a few pages, paying attention to the dates.
I see what you mean. Let me try and get this sorted.

I see what you mean. Let me try and get this sorted.

Thanks, Dan.

And I don't want to pile on here, but I found another issue, though it's relatively small. When you're in a specific category, such as Printing Press, and you use the top pagination, it takes you back to the general portal, showing you everything instead of the page you clicked on for that specific category.

From looking at the difference between the top and bottom pagination, it's the URLs:

The top is missing the category ID, it looks like.

Reactions: Dan
The News Page never worked for me. I had this portal for more than a year online, but it caused me many problems to have it look like i wanted. Now i use featured threads from @Brogan and all is fine.
Odd, I don't see a bug report from you regarding this :cautious:

Actually, @gfc just reminded me why we did what we did.

For anyone interested, the news page order by is dictated by when the thread was promoted, not the thread creation date. This was actually by design. Looking into changing this behavior but not promising anything.

I think the problem with Printing Press is that many threads have been replied to. That in itself isn't a problem, but some replies have changed the ordering since, by default, messages are ordered by last message date.

So, for example:
  • Created: 2/10/2015, Last Message: 2/14/2015
  • Created: 2/12/2015, Last Message: 2/12/2015

So Feb. 10 will come after instead of before Feb. 12 (we do oldest to newest like most news feeds do) because its last message was on Feb. 14. If all threads had zero replies or the last message dates went along the same route as the creation dates, then I'm pretty sure everything would be ordered "correctly" when selecting everything at once.

For example:
  • Created: 2/12/2015, Last Message: 2/12/2015
  • Created: 2/10/2015, Last Message: 2/11/2015

The workaround right now, as I told Dan in our conversation, is to either use manual ordering or go into a forum and order everything by start date and then promote threads one by one, starting from oldest to newest. I personally find the latter easier and not as time-consuming. :)

@Dan, whew! All done: http://www.kh-flare.net/

For now, it might be worth rephrasing your option_portal_use_as_newspage_explain phrase. By default, it reads as:

If this option is enabled, the display order will be ignored and the items will be sorted by the date

I've changed it on our site, but having it be something like this by default may be worthwhile just to make it clear to people that it goes by promotion date, not creation date:

If this option is enabled, the display order will be ignored and the items will be sorted by the date they were promoted.

Also, I've set it so when threads are created in Printing Press and News & Updates, they are automatically promoted. The only thing that we'll manually need to do is add them to the categories, which won't be a problem.

Pull From.webp

It was previously unspecified, so it looks like we somehow forgot to set that up when we moved from XenPorta to Extra Portal -- either that or we accidentally set it back to unspecified. That's why everything got so messed up -- it wasn't promoting any threads -- but things should be fine now as future threads in those forums will be automatically promoted and ordered properly.

Reactions: Dan
Top Bottom