Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
Changehistory from the previous stable Simple Portal Version:
  • Included support for XenForo 1.2 Responsive Style
  • Replaced cache rebuild with Deferred action
  • Removed several code listeners, which aren't needed anymore
  • Optimized templates and included some new css classes to allow easier customizations
  • Auto Promote Thread Feature included
  • Create new Content Feature
  • Promotions will be tracked in the modlog
  • 2 column support was dropped

You DON'T need to uninstall simple portal if you want to install this version!
Just run the upgrade!

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the difference between your "Simple Portal"
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/simple-portal.1713/

And this one (Extra Portal)
Have you seen the second post? ;) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/extra-portal.59348/#post-631524

Changehistory from the previous stable Simple Portal Version:

Included support for XenForo 1.2 Responsive Style
Replaced cache rebuild with Deferred action
Removed several code listeners, which aren't needed anymore
Optimized templates and included some new css classes to allow easier customizations
Auto Promote Thread Feature included
Create new Content Feature
Promotions will be tracked in the modlog

Last edited by a moderator:
If i bought the branding free licence for Simple Portal, does that allow me to remove the copyright for extra portal as well?

If i bought the copyright removel licence for Simple Portal, does that allow me to remove the copyright for extra portal as well?
Of course!!!
Everybody who bought the branding free license for simple portal, can use it with this addon!

We gave this addon only another name, because it isn't a "simple" portal anymore:D

ExtraLicense updated Extra Portal with a new update entry:

Bugfix release

This is a small bugfix release,to fix a wrong mysql index, which could cause problems if you promote different content types with the same ID. (this didn't happen to anybody in the past, because the extensions where exclusive coded for some clients and the chance to run into this issue is MINIMAL.

Now after more then 1/2 year, they won't be exclusive anymore and we're going to share them soon, that's why we had to release this as first:)

Full change history:
  • Fixed the wrong mysql...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So this will allow you to create category clusters on the home page for different groups of content (like a magazine layout) or is it just one long stream of content?

Will this work in the same directory as XenForo?

Also will it allow multiple installs into different directories tied into the same forum? If I wanted to have a home page for different sections of my forums?

Is it possible yet to have the portal at root and XenForo in a folder or is that still coming later?

I think you mentioned getting someone to work with the design of portal with you. Is this the finished appearance now or is that something that's ongoing?

Also is there any way to easily change the default route? I'd like to test this alongside xenporta but they both use portal as the default route so clash.

Also is there any way to easily change the default route? I'd like to test this alongside xenporta but they both use portal as the default route so clash.
I'm thinking the same thing!

How about create some kind of "converter" from xenporta to extra portal, so the user who use xenporta and wanted to replace them with extra portal do not need to manually promote each xenporta article to extra portal article?

Top Bottom