XF 1.0 Enhanced Attachment Uploader

One of the first 'Have You Seen...' videos we posted showed our attachment uploader in action, and went on to demonstrate how pictures could be quickly and easily inserted into messages.

However, the system at the time could only handle a single image being uploaded at once.

Not any more. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/upload-test.4138/

You will get a nice icon:
page.png

would be cool to have the icon showing ".pdf"

and:

File size: 559.9 KB
File-Format: .pdf
Views: 28

More like AMS.

The point of his post was the management of pics or media files (specifically store once, use whenever/wherever). AMS refers to Article Management. While a media file can be used within an article, it doesn't have to be exclusive to that use. For example, stored media could be used in conjunction with the 'Pages' feature Mike introduced a while back to display a group of photos from a certain user.
The purpose of my reply was to gently point out that his idea was a basic premise of good CMS' (of which I think forum apps are a subset of).
Sorry for the confusion.

Kier, great job with this! I especially appreciate that you and Mike listen to suggestions and attempt to incorporate those ideas into XenForo.

Thanks,
Allen

phpBB has quite a nice feature in the UCP which lists every attachment you've uploaded, along with filename, thread, number of downloads and time.

You can sort by filename, extension, size, downloads, time, thread title, etc.
You can also select and view or delete the attachments and also click on the url to go direct to the post.

It's extremely useful.

phpBB has quite a nice feature in the UCP which lists every attachment you've uploaded, along with filename, thread, number of downloads and time.

You can sort by filename, extension, size, downloads, time, thread title, etc.
You can also select and view or delete the attachments and also click on the url to go direct to the post.

It's extremely useful.
Are those lists available for everyone to view? Can other people see your list of attachments, or just where you have decided to put your attachments?

Are those lists available for everyone to view? Can other people see your list of attachments, or just where you have decided to put your attachments?
The list is in each member's UCP and relates only to the attachments each member has uploaded.

The list is in each member's UCP and relates only to the attachments each member has uploaded.
That is perfect!

Another platform I was testing a long time ago uploaded the pictures into everyones publicly accessible Album/gallery... and that did not work so well. Some of the pictures being uploaded were not suitable for all parts of the forum. And that particular forum allowed guests to view the Albums/gallery, so google was archiving whatever was uploaded. Not good.

Top Bottom