Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I have Editor & BB Code Manager 1.1.0 running well on a XF 2.0.10 forum.

I deinstalled the add-on and updated the forum to XF 2.1.0. (It's a plain-vanilla system with no other add-ons.) The forum worked fine but I missed Editor & BB Code Manager, and I installed 1.2.0 Beta 4, which works after making user group permissions changes to allow its use.

Everything except the list widgets is working. Neither the unordered nor the ordered list options does anything. However, indent and outdent work! Also, Markdown works to create a list.

I have a question about "Control access to all BB codes via user criteria" as mentioned in the description. Does this mean the user can see the BB code and be able to use it in the editor? Follow up: Does this mean if the user is removed from that user group that if they remember the BB code that they can still use it but no longer see it (as well as anyone else who knows the code)?

Everything except the list widgets is working. Neither the unordered nor the ordered list options does anything. However, indent and outdent work! Also, Markdown works to create a list.

That's been reported a few times in the last few pages and will be fixed with the next update.

I have a question about "Control access to all BB codes via user criteria" as mentioned in the description. Does this mean the user can see the BB code and be able to use it in the editor? Follow up: Does this mean if the user is removed from that user group that if they remember the BB code that they can still use it but no longer see it (as well as anyone else who knows the code)?

If they don't meet the criteria, they can't use the BB Code. If they manually typed it, it would be displayed as simple text and not be rendered.

That's been reported a few times in the last few pages and will be fixed with the next update.

If they don't meet the criteria, they can't use the BB Code. If they manually typed it, it would be displayed as simple text and not be rendered.

what about the thing i reported on the last page? namely:

i also noticed another problem with the addon ... whenever it's enabled, i can't save user preferences (not ACP, just regular user preferences for each user) ... whenever i go the the preferences page and hit the save button (regardless if any settings were changed) i get this error:

Code:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a valid value.

and any changes made to any settings on that page are not being saved. When i disable the addon, the problem goes away

Follow up: What happens if a member was added to group X and then used the BB code, but then was removed from that group. Would their old posts render for as long as they didn't edit them afterward?

Follow up: What happens if a member was added to group X and then used the BB code, but then was removed from that group. Would their old posts render for as long as they didn't edit them afterward?
No. XenForo renders BB Codes whenever the respective content is visited by someone. That's the point where all rules are applied, hence changes affect all past content as well.

Reactions: frm
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but Editor & BB Code Manager 1.2.0 beta 4 has a bug that breaks account preference setting. More details here:

FYI, I'm getting HTML validation errors after adding a Google font, though the font seems to be working OK in posts.

1. Error: Bad value https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Code+Pro|Source+Code+Pro for attribute href on element link: Illegal character in query: | is not allowed.
    From line 116, column 3; to line 116, column 136
    />↩ ↩ ↩↩ <link rel="preload" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Code+Pro|Source+Code+Pro" as="style" crossorigin="anonymous">↩ <lin
  2. Error: Bad value https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Code+Pro|Source+Code+Pro for attribute href on element link: Illegal character in query: | is not allowed.
    From line 117, column 2; to line 117, column 103
    nymous">↩ <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Code+Pro|Source+Code+Pro">↩↩↩↩↩↩

I updated a test system and didn't see any changes with this plug-in (same bugs, same features), but I didn't do extensive testing.
Markdown translation has stopped working. Can anyone else verify that it does or doesn't work for them with XF 2.1.1 and Editor & BB Code Manager 1.2.0 beta 4? It was working well for me in XF 2.1.0 with the same plug-in, and markdown translation is not disabled in Editor Manager options.

Anyone happen to be have upgraded to XF 2.1.1 already and not found any new problems with using this...?
I've noticed several already reported buttons aren't working since going from 2..0.12 to 2.1.1. With this add-on, some of the standard Xenforo buttons also don't work, so it's not just added or customized buttons.

Any news yet on the expected release of the next release?

I've noticed several already reported buttons aren't working since going from 2..0.12 to 2.1.1. With this add-on, some of the standard Xenforo buttons also don't work, so it's not just added or customized buttons.

Any news yet on the expected release of the next release?
I upgraded to 2.1.1 soon after posting that. I haven't noticed anything that wasn't already broken, just all the same stuff. I reckon he'll get to it when he gets to it. I know he mentioned moving to a new apartment a few weeks ago, and I suppose he's just too busy with his TH commitments now.

Last edited:
Lukas W. updated Editor & BB Code Manager with a new update entry:

Changelog

Bugfixes & Changes
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent lists from being usable in the editor.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent account preferences from being accessible, when the character counter was not set to user selectable.
  • Resolved an encoding related issue when polling Google Fonts in bulk.
  • Changed the special character picker popup to an emoji selector...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom