Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Might partially break the BB Code -> Editor HTML conversion. Happens when starting an editor instance with content (such as editing a post) or toggling BB Code mode off in the editor for example.

Hey @Lukas W.

I installed the XF 2.0 stable version, 1.1.0. I created and enabled a test public template and enabled for Admin group. I did the same for bgcolor, enabled for admin group. However, there is no icons for either in the toolbar. Template button shows up in the toolbar layout area only, but not in public. BGCOLOR button doesn't show up in either place.

Hi, thanks for plugins. @Lukas W.

i have problem.

i want to hide url bbcode for normal nembers.

but normal members still see. they shouldn't see it.

and when they added link, it looks like that.

I want it to look like that. without URL code.

2019-02-23_02-44-26.webp

Hey @Lukas W.

I installed the XF 2.0 stable version, 1.1.0. I created and enabled a test public template and enabled for Admin group. I did the same for bgcolor, enabled for admin group. However, there is no icons for either in the toolbar. Template button shows up in the toolbar layout area only, but not in public. BGCOLOR button doesn't show up in either place.

You might need to enable under Editor Manager/BB Codes/Editor Manager BB Codes.

EDIT: For the templates, make sure you have user group permissions enabled - meaning not just in the template's criteria, but also User group permissions. Works for me.

Last edited:
Hmm, there is a problem with templates preserving format, though. Line breaks, for example, are completely ignored, unless you insert break tags. I did find that if I indent everything in the template and then toggle the bbcode off and on on the editor bar that everything looks fine - as long as you actually want everything indented. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, but I specifically said I enabled them. Not showing up though.
Yes, you did, but I wasn't sure if maybe you actually meant you only enabled it for admins in the template's criteria settings. Didn't see anyone else reporting that issue, so I had to wonder. Assuming you have the public template enabled and you have the public and private permissions ticked for admins, I've no idea. But as for the bgcolor button, though, make sure you look where I said to see if it's enabled, if you haven't already.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, these are the permissions you'd need to have enabled for admins, and if I'm telling you something (again) that you already know, I apologize in advance:

templatepermissions.webp

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for this update.
Unfortunately, the "List" command does not work for me. Others have this problem as well.
What could it be?

View attachment 196279

Can confirm that. Will get a fix.

Ok, but I specifically said I enabled them. Not showing up though.

I spotted a formatting error when having both, a public and a private template (or multiple), but other than that I've found no issue in the code so far.
SFBfDKK.png

Make sure that:
  • The user criteria are matched
  • Your account has permission to use public templates
  • The editor button has been added to the respective toolbars (under Editor manager > Editor > Toolbar layout)

BGCOLOR button doesn't show up in either place.

BGColor has no separate Icon. It integrates in the normal color icon. @mkucuksari has posted a screenshot here.

I spotted a formatting error when having both, a public and a private template (or multiple), but other than that I've found no issue in the code so far.
Based on this I tried deleting my only public template and disabled the public template permission, and had only a single private template, but the formatting issues still persisted. Just so you know.

Top Bottom