Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Hello,

Could you help me with the way to disable the wrapped text in the insert link BBCode.

I meant, I still want https://www.example.com have the output of https://www.example.com
But I don't want to allow Go to example.com, which now has the output of Go to example.com.

In my forum, many "bad" guys post prohibited links and cover them by the wrapped text. I just don't want my forum users to click the links unintentionally.

At the moment, I use this wonderful addon to disable completely the URL BBCode but it means all the links are not parsed any more, that's not good in many cases.

Thank you for your help!

Hello
I created a new dropdown menu with new bbcodes.
I set permission for bbcodes to Moderator and Administrator only
logued as admin or moderator, the preview is ok.
In guest or user, i still see the dropdown menu and icons, and the preview is KO.
Is there a way to Hide the dropdown menu for a specific group ?
Thank you.

While @Lukas W. looks into making it part of the add-on, this is a pretty simple matter with Custom BBCode if you want to add it manually. Although not explicitly as part of a list.

Code:
BBcode Tag: anchor
Title: Navigation Anchor
Description: Used in conjunction with [jumpto] tag.
Replacement mode: Simple Replacement
Supports option parameter: Yes
HTML Replacement: <a name="{option}">{text}</a>
Example Usage: [anchor=aname]This is where you jump to[/anchor]

Code:
BBcode Tag: jumpto
Title: Navigation Jumpto
Description: Allows you to jump to another location within a post. Used in conjunction with the [anchor] tag.
Replacement mode: Simple Replacement
Supports option parameter: Yes
HTML Replacement: <a href="#{option}">{text}</a>
Example Usage: [jumpto=aname]This takes you to a new location within a post[/jumpto]

@kbryant414 I can't get these to work... Could you show how you used it, in an actual example post?

Hi Lukas. Do you think there might be another update this year? I'm asking specifically about changing the colors.

Hi Lukas. Do you think there might be another update this year? I'm asking specifically about changing the colors.

There's not gonna be any more update before XenForo 2.1, except maybe a Beta update for a 2.1. Beta, if I happen to have the time.

Hello,

Is hidden content hidden in search now or is it still visible?

Regards,
  • Ignite

It was never visible to begin with. It's simply in the search index, and therefor one could potentially search for it, which would still require one to roughly know what to expect inside of it. It's also not possible to be removed from the search index, except through the usage of workarounds, which I am not a fan of. Bruteforcing the search vs. bruteforcing whatever the password protects doesn't make much difference though in my opinion, and if I were to bruteforce something, I'd likely bruteforce the latter, under the assumption that I could do it locally, hence much faster and probably automated.

Hello
I created a new dropdown menu with new bbcodes.
I set permission for bbcodes to Moderator and Administrator only
logued as admin or moderator, the preview is ok.
In guest or user, i still see the dropdown menu and icons, and the preview is KO.
Is there a way to Hide the dropdown menu for a specific group ?
Thank you.

There's no way to achieve that, no.

@Lukas W.

from where can i add google fonts ?

ACP > Editor Manager > Fonts > Add Font

Hello,

Could you help me with the way to disable the wrapped text in the insert link BBCode.

I meant, I still want https://www.example.com have the output of https://www.example.com
But I don't want to allow Go to example.com, which now has the output of Go to example.com.

In my forum, many "bad" guys post prohibited links and cover them by the wrapped text. I just don't want my forum users to click the links unintentionally.

At the moment, I use this wonderful addon to disable completely the URL BBCode but it means all the links are not parsed any more, that's not good in many cases.

Thank you for your help!

That's not possible with this add-on.

@Lukas W.
There's not gonna be any more update before XenForo 2.1, except maybe a Beta update for a 2.1. Beta, if I happen to have the time.
Very sad about, because this issue was postet in September and you said that a bugfix for this will come with the next update.

Here's hoping you do a release for 2.1 and include the ability to use 'noborder' 'center' tags etc for the standard 2.1 XF tables. ;4 Don't suppose there's any hint as to whether this is something you'd explore?

Mh strange, I downloaded and successfully installed this add-on on my xf2.0 installation, but no change of the editor toolbar. At least the table icon should be there as it is in the toolbar layout.
Where is my mistake?

Mh strange, I downloaded and successfully installed this add-on on my xf2.0 installation, but no change of the editor toolbar. At least the table icon should be there as it is in the toolbar layout.
Where is my mistake?
You'll have to manually configure the toolbar layout yourself.

So I go to the admin panel -> Editor Manager -> Toolbar Layout. There I have "available buttons" at the top which I can use to configure my toolbars.
Below I have 4 Toolbars to use depending on the screen browser size of the user. They are all pre-configured - so they should work the way they are viewable there - or what do you mean with "configure yourself"?

You'll have to manually configure the toolbar layout yourself.
OK, I think I got the mistake. Adding icons works - but the table icon doesn't show up.
At first I was confused because my toolbar was the same like the pre-configured addon toolbar - just the table icon was missing.

So do I need anything else to use the table icon? I also moved it to the first position of the toolbar - doesn't work. Moving another new icon from the icon list to the first position works.

Any ideas?

Hello !
I am looking for the template to place an ad banner just above the tool bar.

Can you help ?
Thank you for your support.

Aaaah.... I found the problem @Lukas W.
Before using the configuration I have to activate the new Editor Manager BB codes. Then the icon will appear :D

It's fixed with the next update.
Hi @Lukas W.,

Apologies if this has already been discussed ad nauseum, but when you said the Xpress bug was fixed in the update following your above post, did that include this:
  • Error: Call to undefined method KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater::fnWPPageNav()
I'm running 1.1.0 and still getting the above server errors constantly. I even uninstalled the Xpress add-on, thinking that would solve it, but it has not stopped those errors from being generated.

I guess what I'm asking is, is this something new or unique to my installation? Or is it a common problem with an already upcoming fix.

Top Bottom