Donations by Siropu

Donations by Siropu [Paid] 1.4.1

No permission to buy (€19.99)
@Siropu after testing I wanted to report a bug.

- After I add donation to a user and edit it after to a different amount. The old amount still shows:
1679278176286.png

- Also can u kindly guide me through on how to change the donation button link to my custom url in widgets

The old amount still shows:
Donations are pulled from the database so it can't show any other value than the one that exists. Unless you triggered that overlay before making the change and did not refreshed the page, I don't see how it can show a different value.

how to change the donation button link to my custom url in widgets
Go to siropu_donations_widget_donate template and look for:
<xf:button href="{{ link('donations/donate') }}" class="button--cta button--fullWidth siropuDonations-donateButton" overlay="true" fa="fas fa-donate">{{ phrase('siropu_donations_donate') }}</xf:button>

Replace this part: {{ link('donations/donate') }} with your own link. Also, remove overlay="true"

Donations are pulled from the database so it can't show any other value than the one that exists. Unless you triggered that overlay before making the change and did not refreshed the page, I don't see how it can show a different value.

Go to siropu_donations_widget_donate template and look for:
<xf:button href="{{ link('donations/donate') }}" class="button--cta button--fullWidth siropuDonations-donateButton" overlay="true" fa="fas fa-donate">{{ phrase('siropu_donations_donate') }}</xf:button>

Replace this part: {{ link('donations/donate') }} with your own link. Also, remove overlay="true"
Awesome and worked!

Rated 5 stars cause of the awesome support and amazing addon!

Last question though. Is it possible to remove the decimals in the profile and postbit under the avatar.
Instead of $39.00 should show $39

Hello, since I use the add on, error messages also appear in the log of the default payment providers - although the add on does not use them, right?

I have two providers, PayPal and Stripe, and both methods are used for donations and for upgrades.

With Stripe there is about donations via the add on so far basically the message:

"Event data received from Stripe does not contain the expected values."

I could send you an error log if needed.

Kai

Last edited:
Is the stripe information required to set this up? That seems to be the case. It is taking a while to get the business owner information for our 501(c)3 educational charity. I have the PayPal information from our previous donation facility.

We also receive donations through other systems than the forums and I would like to be able to import donations on a daily basis from that system. Is there any chance of an API to do that? We would really like to recognize our donors wherever they are donating.

I have a few question about this add on.
  • Does it send a thank you message to the member doing the donation?
  • When it displays the member on the forum list can you hide the amount that member donated?
At the moment I am using Snogs Donation Manager but that is no longer supported by Ozzy. Snogs one creates a thread in a forum area also thanking that member for their donation. Anything like that with this one?

Can I hide donations for guests?
User group permissions: View donations

Does it send a thank you message to the member doing the donation?
A "thank you" alert message.

When it displays the member on the forum list can you hide the amount that member donated?
You mean in the donation goal donor list?

Anything like that with this one?
No. It just sends a "thank you" alert message. Could be a new feature if there is interest in it.

You mean in the donation goal donor list?
No I mean what the donation list would show as in say I donated $10 I would just want it to display in the members donation widget just
DaveM and not something like DaveM - $10. I just don't want members seeing the amount other donate as the member that can only donate a small amount might be embarrassed to see that JoeSoap donated $100

Can add some options for that in the next release. We'll see.
OK thanks as I would like to get it as close as we have it now as a lot of my members are older and get confused with change :)

I just registered on your website but never got my confirmation mail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom