Donations by Siropu

Donations by Siropu [Paid] 1.4.1

No permission to buy (€19.99)
We are trying to create a donation facility and progress bar that are as compact as possible. The goal is to made it a single div with width of its container with the button, goals and progress bar integrated horizontally.
How would we modify the widget siropu_donations_donate to do that?
donate
button
=======progress=====
========remaining============​
I am looking for something that could be placed above or below our public navigation without being too obtrusive.

Hello,
since probably a few days, I was most likely able to receive donations until February 7th, the donation function is broken. If you click on one of the links of the payment service providers (I have Paypal and Stripe), you get the error message "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

I tested that the payment providers are generally accessible using the upgrade function. There are no other error messages.

Best regards and many thanks for any help

How would we modify the widget siropu_donations_donate to do that?
Replace everything with:

Code:
<xf:css src="siropu_donations.less" />
<xf:foreach loop="$goals" value="$goal">
    <xf:set var="$progressPercent" value="{$goal.getProgressPercent()}" />
    <div style="display: flex;">
        <xf:button href="{{ link('donations/donate') }}" class="button--cta  siropuDonations-donateButton" style="padding: 5px;font-size: inherit;" overlay="true" fa="fas fa-donate">{{ phrase('siropu_donations_donate') }}</xf:button>
        <div class="siropuDonations-progressBar" style="flex: 1;">
            <div class="siropuDonations-progressBar--bar" style="width: {$progressPercent}%; "></div>
            <div class="siropuDonations-progressBar--progress" style="width: {$progressPercent}%;">{$progressPercent}%</div>
        </div>
    </div>
</xf:foreach>

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."
What does the error say in the browser console?

I purchased this add-on only to find that I cannot use it on my subscription forum.

The add-on will place the member into a donation usergroup but will never take them out again. As my members subscribe on a yearly basic this means that once subscribed they would never have to subscribe again.

The add-on does have options to setup recurring payments but this caused a load of hurt on my forum when I did try this out at one time. So doing it this way is also not an option.

The option to show the Display latest donations and Display top donors is a must have on my forum but in this one it will also display the cash amount each member donates and this cannot be shown on my forum at all. The idea of showing how much a member donated has been discussed on my current PayPal Donation system and was outright rejected by my subscribers as they feel it will put those only being able to donate a small amount in a bad light with other that donate higher amounts.

So in closing I now own an add-on that I am unable to use on my forum :(

Replace everything with:

<xf:css src="siropu_donations.less" /> <xf:foreach loop="$goals" value="$goal"> <xf:set var="$progressPercent" value="{$goal.getProgressPercent()}" /> <div style="display: flex;"> <xf:button href="{{ link('donations/donate') }}" class="button--cta siropuDonations-donateButton" style="padding: 5px;font-size: inherit;" overlay="true" fa="fas fa-donate">{{ phrase('siropu_donations_donate') }}</xf:button> <div class="siropuDonations-progressBar" style="flex: 1;"> <div class="siropuDonations-progressBar--bar" style="width: {$progressPercent}%; "></div> <div class="siropuDonations-progressBar--progress" style="width: {$progressPercent}%;">{$progressPercent}%</div> </div> </div> </xf:foreach>
I replacd the code with the above but there is no effect from doing that. i.e. nothing changes.
Here is a screen shot of the widgets admin 1708445073635.webp

Below is the appearance of the donation widget.
1708445336064.webp

Siropu updated Donations by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features & Improvements

Added the option to remove donors from donor user group(s) after 1, 3, 6, 12 months or never.

Added the option to send email reminders every x months.

I have added a new ACP section for this where you can see when, who and how many times a donor has received reminders.

Phrases used for the email: siropu_donations_email_reminder_subject and siropu_donations_email_reminder_body

Added a new user group permission that allows you to hide the donated amount. It is unset by default.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The donation button is fine, but the action fails after selecting the payment system either PayPal or Stripe.
I replaced the entire widget template. Was there part of it that should have been retained?1708469350220.webp

Hi,
there is a little bug in the reminder mail template I guess:

The phrase in the template is: "siropu_donations_reminder_email_body" but the name of the phrase is "siropu_donations_email_reminder_body"

And I wonder, that after activating the mail function also users which didn't have been online since years and who have never made any donation - because the donation add-on wasn't existing, got a reminder.

Kai

and even blocked users are on the reminder list ...

• would be nice also, to sort the list alphabetically and also on date and counts ...
  • and would be helpful to export the list
  • and would be nice to reset the reminder count
  • and would be great to set the criteria for the list

I had the templates confused. When I reverted the one I had replaced in error evrything worked.

I will still want to do some more decoration on the widget that displays progress to add the goal and month but that should not be difficult.

Hello,
Thank you for the quick update.

Unfortunately, the reminder function still doesn't seem perfect to me. Participants who donated just a few weeks ago are also getting reminders, which is quite embarrassing. Even though I have set the reminder to six months.

I would really like to know what exactly the criteria are for identifying donors? It really doesn't get much more awkward than generous participants being begged repeatedly. That's how you create fewer donors, not more.

Top Bottom