In the ControllerPublic/UserMap.php file, if you change this:
PHP:
if ($users_newest[$type])
to this:
PHP:
if (!empty($users_newest[$type]))

Does it go away?

It's a shared server, Linux.
OK... shared host (like HostGator - which probably runs centOS on most of theirs) or a VPS/dedi running centOS, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.
You didn't actually answer the question fully. If it is a shared host then you probably can't use it. This depends on you either having SSH access to the server or the host installing the PECL on the server (which most won't do because of resource consumption).

OK... shared host (like HostGator - which probably runs centOS on most of theirs) or a VPS/dedi running centOS, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.
You didn't actually answer the question fully. If it is a shared host then you probably can't use it. This depends on you either having SSH access to the server or the host installing the PECL on the server (which most won't do because of resource consumption).

OK, thanks but I'm not quite sure what I didn't answer though. I'll ask the host (it's Zen Internet)

OK, thanks but I'm not quite sure what I didn't answer though. I'll ask the host (it's Zen Internet)
I'm assuming when you say "shared" you mean a shared hosting environment. In that case, they will have to install it on the base server (which most won't do).

Great add on but I have no idea how to install Geo IP PHP extension to get this to work. I check my server list of php extensions and it's not even listed. The link you provided goes to an information page that doesn't even have that extension to download.
There must be any easier way to install this. I had a user map installed on a previous SMF site that only required putting in the Google Map API key I have..

Great add on but I have no idea how to install Geo IP PHP extension to get this to work. I check my server list of php extensions and it's not even listed. The link you provided goes to an information page that doesn't even have that extension to download.
There must be any easier way to install this. I had a user map installed on a previous SMF site that only required putting in the Google Map API key I have..
You have to have SSH access usually for this to work. If you are on a shared hosting environment then you can generally kiss it good-bye due to the overhead entailed installing it on a shared-host... they won't do it.
If on a VPS/dedi, what OS are you using. Makes a difference on how to go about installing it.

On my Debian boxes it is just aptitude install php5-geoip to get the PECL and then go to maxmind (I have a script that runs in a cron job and every 7 days checks for new data from them) and grab the current data files.

Thanks @Tracy Perry Yeah that is way over my head. Works easier for me to install, add API key and that's that. And yeah I'm on a shared host so probably a lot of the more technical stuff won't work there anyway.

Thanks @Tracy Perry Yeah that is way over my head. Works easier for me to install, add API key and that's that. And yeah I'm on a shared host so probably a lot of the more technical stuff won't work there anyway.
Yep, I don't know of any shared host that will enable geoip - they typically tell you to upgrade to a VPS or a dedicated server. ;)
That's the reason I dumped (this add-on) my HostGator shared hosting and went to my first VPS... which I only stayed on for about 2 months before getting 3 dedicated servers. :cool:

@digitalpoint is this 1.3 compatible? Reason I ask is on one of my 3 XenForo live sites I upgraded to the 1.3 BETA 1 and this no longer shows the online users (and the stats show that I do have some online).

Not sure... Don't have a 1.3 site myself yet.
OK... pretty sure it's not going to be as it's still working on my other two sites under 1.2.4 just fine. Apparently there has ben a change. AS little as I know about php related, I'll start scratching around and see if I can find it.

Just did a fresh install and got this.
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 2 - library/DigitalPointUserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php:139
Generated By: Tracy, Today at 5:06 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/twowheel/library/DigitalPointUserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(139): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/var/www/twowhe...', 139, Array)
#1 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): DigitalPointUserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionIndex()
#2 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /var/www/twowheel/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "http://twowheeldemon.com/usermap/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/usermap/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom