1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Point User Map 1.3.2

System for geo-locating your currently online users and plotting them on a world Google Map.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

digitalpoint submitted a new resource: Digital Point User Map

System for geo-locating your currently online users and plotting them on a world Google Map.

Read more

2. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Looked over your old thread and couldn't find an answer for this. Is there a way to prevent those logging in invisibly from showing up?

3. digitalpoint

No sorry... although not sure why it would matter since the pin isn't associated to a specific user (no username or anything).

4. Edrondol

We have a user who is fairly private and always surfs anonymously. She lives in a place where there are hardly any users and she's had stalkers before. I'd like to use this but if that's not a possibility I may have to pass. (By the way, it put the arrow for her WAY too close to her actual location for her comfort.)

Thanks for the quick response, though!

5. Edrondol

Or maybe you could open DigitalPointUserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php and comment out the line:

PHP:
    'getInvisible' => $bypassUserPrivacy,
    Not sure why you wouldn't say anything considering you purposefully included invisible users onto the map.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Does that work?

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

March 30, 2011.

Do they have it now?

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I edited out Google Earth per your directions from the old thread.

Remove this line in js/digitalpoint/usermap.js

Code:
    ,f=new google.maps.InfoWindow({content:'<a href="'+window.location.href+"GoogleEarth/"+(window.location.href.indexOf("?")>0?"&":"?")+"location="+a+","+c+'">View&nbsp;in&nbsp;Google&nbsp;Earth</a>'});

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It works. :D

10. digitalpoint

Mostly because I didn't know it was. Thing was written a long time ago, and have since written somewhere around 900,000 lines of XF code (not kidding)... lol

11. Edrondol

HA! Great answer, man. Sorry if I came across a little jerk-ish.

12. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Hi,

GeoIP is installed on my server, and I have confirmed with my host that this has been done properly.

I installed this add on, and this error comes up:

[​IMG]

Any way to fix this? The city database isn't missing.

13. digitalpoint

Well for whatever reason the server thinks it is...

What's the output of this if you run it from the shell?

Code:
    ls -al /usr/share/GeoIP/

14. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Where do I put this in?

thanks,
    Harry

15. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

You run it from a command prompt in Linux. If you don't have shell/SSH access, then you can't run this.

16. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

I have 'Show Navigation Link' to Yes within Options, but do not see how to access the map after having just installed it. Can anywhere tell me exactly where the link should appear, or what the URL is to access it?

17. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, it shows up under the Member's tab.

18. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

A resource hog ?

19. digitalpoint

Not in the slightest.

20. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Question... I've got a user online and it shows him in red (as in staff/admin) but he is ranked as a member and secondary as member20 (has 20 posts). Should he not be showing up in green?