[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster

[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster 1.4.0

No permission to download
Is it possible to add a PREFIX to the content that is Tweeted out?

Example on Twitter:

This post is a New Post Heading

to
FORUM POST: This post is a New Post Heading

That way on my Twitter Feed, people would know that the Tweet is from the Forum and not a direct Tweet

If so, where would I make the edits ?
BTW, great work on this MUST HAVE add-on
Not at this time, sorry. You can add a feature request @ DBTech to have it considered for future versions.

It does support hash tags, though, so you can use that to denote it’s a forum post.

Not at this time, sorry. You can add a feature request @ DBTech to have it considered for future versions.

It does support hash tags, though, so you can use that to denote it’s a forum post.

Can Tweet Poster make tweets as Summary Card with large image (using the first image in the first post)?

Can Tweet Poster make tweets as Summary Card with large image (using the first image in the first post)?
If you can get your hands on the SEO (SEO) Add-On, that could do your Summary Card features...
Its one of the best Add-Ons and a pity its gotten hard to get

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] Tweet Poster with a new update entry:

Update highlights

!!! THIS VERSION REQUIRES XENFORO 2.2.0 AND PHP 7.2.0 !!!

This version contains coding style updates and changes for XenForo 2.2.0 / PHP 7.2.0. Furthermore, an issue with saving the per-forum setting has been resolved.

Complete Change Log

Change: Update internal functions to follow new XenForo 2.1 / 2.2 coding standards
Fix: Fix forum type integration

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great product, any chance to add following options:

1. tweet reply (not just new thread)
2. tweet new Resource post (from Xenforo RM)

Suggestion:
Hashtags as a per-forum setting so we can use hashtags that are relevant to the forum category the tweets are coming from. Thanks!

Last edited:
Can we edit the output display?
I want a line break after the content like:

Title - Content

#hashtages here

Is there any scope to add images to the tweet when posting? It works great, but for visual flair - I'd really love to display the first image associated with the thread (cover photo, I guess) - I'm assuming that this is in relation to the summary card someone mentioned.

Also, is there a way to set this thread to tweet by usergroup? or only if the user selects a certain prefix perhaps, then the option to tweet the thread turns on.

Many thanks :)

Is there any scope to add images to the tweet when posting? It works great, but for visual flair - I'd really love to display the first image associated with the thread (cover photo, I guess) - I'm assuming that this is in relation to the summary card someone mentioned.

Also, is there a way to set this thread to tweet by usergroup? or only if the user selects a certain prefix perhaps, then the option to tweet the thread turns on.

Many thanks :)
Not at the moment - it was only really created with our own needs in mind, but I see your suggestion thread (thank you for cross-posting!) and so it may be added to future versions :D

Not at the moment - it was only really created with our own needs in mind, but I see your suggestion thread (thank you for cross-posting!) and so it may be added to future versions :D
Sorry for cross-posting. Would it be better for me to just post there for other suggestions? Thank you for your reply. Be safe :)

Sorry for cross-posting. Would it be better for me to just post there for other suggestions? Thank you for your reply. Be safe :)
I don't mind cross-posting, I was being genuine when I said thank you for cross-posting 😅 Posting them here too allows more eyes on it, and posting @ DBTech means there's a (more) permanent record that's easier to refer back to when I look at new features.

Sorry if I came off as sarcastic, that was not my intention :(

Can anyone help me add a line break before the hashtags? The hyperlink is getting lost in the hashtag list and I want it to stand out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom