[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster

[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster 1.4.0

No permission to download
Apparently I can do it by url-encoding and
%0a
That's linefeed code if appended to the url but how would I do that, where would I add it in the files? Thanks

Thanks. I would like to suggest the option to add line breaks between title, link, and keywords. When I tweet directly I usually have the link stand out like:

This is my tweet!

#keywordshere #keywordshere #keywordshere #keywordshere

or even this would be good:

This is my tweet! https://link.here

#keywordshere #keywordshere #keywordshere #keywordshere

Thanks for considering.

The only way to do that would be to restrict the forums it's active in to certain user groups - it's intended as a news relayer so ideally only trusted staff should have access to post in the forums it's active in :)
Thank you! Might it be possible to allow only the article thread type to be tweeted? Would it be difficult to accomplish? Thank you!

Well if you want only articles to be tweeted and by certain groups, if those groups are the same ones creating articles, then you just set up an article forum for them. If you have a different scenario you should explain it further.

Scenario -

I have a node that allows both discussions and articles. I like that members as well as staff post in this node. Only staff can post articles.

Problem -

Members who post threads, their threads will post automatically to twitter with this addon.

Solution -

I could restrict content being posted to this specific node by regular members. I could create a new node just for articles, as opposed to the mixed content type. I could do either of those things.. But what I'd prefer, is if there was an option within the addon to restrict post types being automatically tweeted or restrict threads being auto tweeted from specific user groups and or users.

Well if you want only articles to be tweeted and by certain groups, if those groups are the same ones creating articles, then you just set up an article forum for them. If you have a different scenario you should explain it further.

Does that make sense?

If this could tweet from a search forum it would solve it. But I don't think it can. You could set up a search forum with the usergroups and thread types you want. It would actually be kinda cool if this worked with search forums.

If this could tweet from a search forum it would solve it. But I don't think it can. You could set up a search forum with the usergroups and thread types you want. It would actually be kinda cool if this worked with search forums.
Hmm
Will give this a go later!

Well you could create the dedicated article forum, have it tweeted, and using a search forum, combine the articles with other forums so you have your mixed content.

So if we have 2 XF sites, and 2 Twitter accounts, but one dev account, how do we use this?
I think Twitter likes you to have only 1 dev account. In that account I was able to create 2 different login apps for each of my XF sites, but I can't seem to find a way to set up a 2nd account to tweet to my other site.

Random thought..

I wonder if we scheduled posts, the tweets would send out on creation of thread or when the thread is active. You could schedule/queue tweets then!

So if we have 2 XF sites, and 2 Twitter accounts, but one dev account, how do we use this?
I think Twitter likes you to have only 1 dev account. In that account I was able to create 2 different login apps for each of my XF sites, but I can't seem to find a way to set up a 2nd account to tweet to my other site.
There needs to be a field to enter the twitter account name it tweets to. Right now your add-on assumes it is the account that set up the dev account. But one dev account is used for all your twitter accounts. So I am stuck.

Last edited:
There needs to be a field to enter the twitter account name it tweets to. Right now your add-on assumes it is the account that set up the dev account. But one dev account is used for all your twitter accounts. So I am stuck.
I don't believe this is possible. The API provides no way of targeting tweets to specific accounts. You would need to setup a new app for your other account.

Top Bottom