[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster

[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster 1.4.0

No permission to download
Does this work with Essential access since Twitter changed things around? I set this up same as my other site but it is not tweeting.

I noticed on my other site the app has read and write access but the OAuth 1.0 is not enabled. But on the new site, in Twitter the app says read only, unless you enable OAuth 1.0 where it is required to put in a callback URL. I just put the site URL.

Can you please post how to set this?

I noticed on my other site the app has read and write access but the OAuth 1.0 is not enabled. But on the new site, in Twitter the app says read only, unless you enable OAuth 1.0 where it is required to put in a callback URL. I just put the site URL.

Can you please post how to set this?
I have no idea if Twitter has changed something since this add-on was released. I don't recall how the setup worked, as it's been years. This add-on is offered entirely as-is, and since there isn't a way to have multiple developer accounts on Twitter (it's against their ToS), I can't try to recreate the setup.

In other words, it's currently not possible for me to create setup instructions, sorry.

and since there isn't a way to have multiple developer accounts on Twitter (it's against their ToS), I can't try to recreate the setup.
They actually allow this now. It's called Essential. Anyone with a Twitter account is allowed Essential access without having to have a developer application approved. I set this up using Essential.

I have everything filled in and it's not tweeting.

API Key and Secret (yes)
Access Token and Secret (yes)
Created with Read and Write permissions

OAuth 2.0 Client ID and Client Secret
1.0 and 2.0 are both off but I had to enable one of them to be able to create the write permission, then it turned it off, since my other Twitter works with it off.

So what is wrong here?

Do we need to enable 2.0 endpoints? And the callback URL (required)?

It would have been OAuth 1.0a, but other than that, I don't know if there's any other step that's necessary in order to authenticate your newly created app with your Twitter account.

Ok so your add-on calls for the following:
Consumer Key
Consumer Secret
Access Token
Access Token Secret

In the app I have the following:
API Key
API Key Secret
Bearer Token
Access Token
Access Token Secret
then for OAuth
Client ID
Client Secret

What goes where?

Ok so your add-on calls for the following:
Consumer Key
Consumer Secret
Access Token
Access Token Secret

In the app I have the following:
API Key
API Key Secret
Bearer Token
Access Token
Access Token Secret
then for OAuth
Client ID
Client Secret

What goes where?
Consumer Key = API Key
Consumer Secret = API Key Secret

Access Token = Access Token
Access Token Secret = Access Token Secret

The API Key and Secret (also known as Consumer Key and Secret) are the most fundamental credentials required to access the Twitter API.

Top Bottom