[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
How does this work? How can a user enter the keywords for his individual interests? Could he use the name of a subforum?
You will define a set of keywords in the AdminCP, and on a per-mailinglist basis, users can tick off keywords they're interested in. When you send the mail, you will see a list of keywords to check all that apply. If the user has subscribed to one or more keywords, and the mail does not match any of them, that user will not receive that particular mail.

It does not support custom text entry by users.

I can determine the threshold as it seems. But are ther other restrictions hard coded so that the add-on limits the sending to inactive users after a certain period of time or when I upgraded to XF 2.2 like the core feature "activity summary" does it hard coded for inactive users?
The user must have a user state of "Valid", must not be banned, and must not have opted out of the DB Mail-specific inactivity reminders.

Can the core feature activity summary be checked at the same time or do I need to turn off that feature? The reason why I am asking is, that the core feature sends also images of postings, which this add-on can not do. (hint... hint...)
This feature was designed and implemented prior to XF's own implementation, so they can run side-by-side if desired.

Can I switch back and forth between weekly digest with the XF way of displaying it and from time to time send additionally an individual NL out with custom HTML?
The Digest is independent of the manual mailing list feature.

Does this work also in the full automatic weekly digest mode or just for individual HTML newsletters?
That is actually a leftover from the XF1 version, it should not be included in the XF2 feature list. I'll amend it here @ XF shortly.

Can I set the day and the time in the ACP to send this automatic weekly digest always on the same day and the same time?
Since users can choose how often to receive the digest, there are no controls for when it's sent.

How can I verify the opening rate of the newsletter?
While there are some logging features, the data isn't exposed anywhere at this time since interest for this has been pretty low and it's a lot of work to actually create analysis features.

@DragonByte Tech

The purpose of using this add-on is to automatically send customized emails based on the user and User Group, such as birthday greetings or New Year's emails, and so on.

Can it be used in the aforementioned way?

That is actually a leftover from the XF1 version, it should not be included in the XF2 feature list. I'll amend it here @ XF shortly.

Do I understand this correctly. Do you want to delete the weekly digest feature in this addon for XF2?

This weekly digest feature is one of the most important features of this addon.

Since users can choose how often to receive the digest, there are no controls for when it's sent.

mmmhhh.... how does this work then for the first set up? For the first newsletter I want to send out.

No user could specify yet a day or a time when they do want to receive this. Do I pick a day and a time for all during the set up and the users can change it afterwards after the very first newsletter was sent out?

Hello,

Everything is still working fine with Xenforo 2.2.13, isn't it?
Yes, there's no problems with XenForo 2.2.13 :)

@DragonByte Tech

The purpose of using this add-on is to automatically send customized emails based on the user and User Group, such as birthday greetings or New Year's emails, and so on.

Can it be used in the aforementioned way?
No, there's no functionality for any such automated emails at this time.

Do I understand this correctly. Do you want to delete the weekly digest feature in this addon for XF2?
No. That was in response to the "Affiliate ID" entry in the settings, so I removed the settings from the feature list that do not exist in the XF 2 version.

mmmhhh.... how does this work then for the first set up? For the first newsletter I want to send out.
The cron job that sends the digest runs every 10 minutes, (:00, :10, :20, :30, :40, :50 every hour).

Quick question: does the add on let you send to email addresses for contacts that are not currently members/users of your site, in addition to current members? Or does the add on only allow current forum members to be on the email lists?

Quick question: does the add on let you send to email addresses for contacts that are not currently members/users of your site, in addition to current members? Or does the add on only allow current forum members to be on the email lists?
No, it only emails members of the forum.

I'm planning to go through all of my XenForo 2.2 add-ons to rewrite some internals to (hopefully) prepare for XenForo 2.3. As part of those updates, I'm also going to be adding at least one major new feature to each add-on.

For Mail, the feature in question will be Better Amazon SES Bounce Handling. This will consist of a new API endpoint, /api/dbtech-mail/amazon-sns/ (for Simple Notification System). Unlike other implementations, my implementation will validate all incoming messages to ensure they originated from Amazon itself - it will not be possible for your users to troll each other by pinging the endpoint with a partial message to get each others' accounts flagged as "Email bounced".

Mail already has support for parsing an Amazon SNS Bounce or Complaint message, but this new endpoint will ensure that only true Bounce or Complaint messages will even make it to the email parser.

(@Alpha1 pinging you since you're probably the most interested in this 😄)

---

This new version is in private testing @ DBTech and another website I help manage, there's no ETA at this time as I want to also release such feature updates for other add-ons simultaneously.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

Update highlights

!!!This version requires PHP 7.4+!!!

This version adds a new feature; Amazon SNS Bounce Handling support. Please see the product's FAQ page for setup instructions.

This version also refactors some backend code and fixes a compatibility issue with PHP 8.4.

Complete Change Log

Feature: Amazon SNS bounce handling endpoint
Change: Refactored backend code
Change: Bump minimum PHP version to 7.4 and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a client receiving Guzzle errors when posting when this latest version is enabled.

Xenforo 2.2.15
PHP 8.1

The errors aren't giving a stack trace.

That’s not something I’ve been able to replicate, so there’s nothing I can do.

I've narrowed it down further. Turn on Xenforo Enhanced Search if you have it. That will trigger it when posting. The same thing happens when clicking the Enhanced Search settings link. When I disable the Dragonbyte add-on everything goes back to normal. Its a strange interaction.

Alma Linux 8.9, Elastic Search 7.1

Top Bottom