[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
Interesting, maybe the issue is exclusive to PHP7. I'm unable to test PHP7 locally due to the fact that vBulletin 3 and 4 are nowhere near compatible with PHP7 at this time.

I will check out your installation as soon as possible (probably in approx. 3-4 hours, I'm about to head out just now). Thanks! :D

Fillip

Test server is now running 5.6.10 and the same issue happens on that too, so the problem is not related to PHP7. I will leave the server running with PHP 5.6 until you get your testing done.

edit: also just noticed that if I enable debug mode in config.php, then the default shoutbox message won't load at all it just says "loading..."

Last edited:
Test server is now running 5.6.10 and the same issue happens on that too, so the problem is not related to PHP7. I will leave the server running with PHP 5.6 until you get your testing done.
I'm okay with PHP7 as well, I'd like to make sure our products are ready, but I do code in debug mode where xF is super strict about everything so hopefully it won't be an issue :)

Fillip

Update: The issue with missing shout controls has been resolved, as have all the server errors. These were Lite-only issues that would only become apparent when downloaded files were used (i.e. after Pro-only code had been stripped by the download generator).

Thank you very much @TMC for assisting me, much appreciated :)

Fillip

Update 2: I've discovered an issue in which the New Thread / New Reply notifications will not work as intended. This requires a new release of the product XML file, as it's missing an event listener. I'll post back when this fix is live.

Fillip

Last edited:
Update 3: This should now be resolved. You'll need to re-download the product and re-upload all files, then re-import the product XML file in order to receive all the fixes.

Sorry about this, it's my first time coding for xF in quite a while and I was working on the mod pretty much right up until the hour of release trying to make it as feature rich as possible for you guys :(
β = β after all...

Fillip

Works good only lots of server errors :

Undefined index: chatroomid
Today at 1:39 PM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 1:39 PM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 12:10 PM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 12:09 PM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 12:09 PM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Delete...
Today at 11:38 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 11:36 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 11:36 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Undefined offset: 108
Today at 11:18 AM - library/DBTech/Shout/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:46
Delete...
Undefined offset: 39
Today at 11:05 AM - library/DBTech/Shout/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:46
Delete...
Undefined index: shoutping_interval
Today at 9:48 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Admin/Instance.php:411
Delete...
Today at 9:48 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Admin/Instance.php:411
Delete...
Today at 9:38 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 9:38 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Ajax/Unidle.php:17
Delete...
Today at 9:38 AM - /home/x/public_html/packages/DBTech/Shout/Action/Admin/Instance.php:411
Delete...

Have you made sure to re-download the product and re-upload all files? Not just the ones mentioned in the error messages before.

Fillip

Yes i reuploaded all the files and the old ones are overwritten. Im not new to Xenforo ;)
But i hope you will fix the errors, also another issue is going to the website on tablet or mobile phone, the chatbox does not resize so its much bigger then the rest of the website.

I cannot replicate any of those server errors, could you please PM me with FTP and AdminCP info so I can look into it on-site?

Fillip

the chatbox does not resize so its much bigger then the rest of the website.
I've added CSS to the upcoming Beta 2 that will hide the shoutbox below its minimum required width.

I do want to experiment with a fully responsive Shoutbox, but I won't have time to sort that out by tomorrow :p

Fillip

In that case the issue won't be fixed until someone else can replicate it, unfortunately. As with the other issue, I want to find the source, not just patch it :) If I patch it, I will be spending the next few weeks chasing down more and more errors, vs finding the source of the errors and fixing it once.

For the record: DragonByte Technologies is a registered business in Scotland, United Kingdom, and has been since 2011. You can find our company information by entering SC397765 as the Company Number on the following site: http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo (you will recognise this as an official U.K. Government website by the gov.uk address).

Personally, I depend on this business to eat and to keep a roof over my head. If you don't trust anything else I say, trust that there is absolutely nothing on your site that is of more value to me than my ability to eat and sleep indoors.

I understand your reservation, but we are not some fly-by-night operation :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout v7 with a new update entry:

v7.0.0 Beta 2 Released

DragonByte Shout v7.0.0 Beta 2

New/Restored Features:
  • Display shoutbox statistics: Total Shouts Posted / Last 24 Hours / Your Shouts / Your Shouts (Lifetime)
  • Display Top X Shouters
  • Display Top X Shouters (Lifetime)
  • Search Archive for partial shout
  • AdminCP navigation now has a quick link to the global settings for this mod
  • You can now edit the active status of an instance on the main "Instance Management" page
  • You can now edit the active...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech Hope you guys bring vBDonate over to XF...I want a donation plugin like yours here.
It's definitely on our shortlist, though there are some fundamental design issues that will need to be resolved before it can be ported successfully. We appreciate you letting us know what you want to see, it makes our job much easier :)

With the new beta2 update the server errors are gone. So good job Fillip !
Excellent, whatever the source of the issues were, I'm glad it has been resolved :D

Fillip

Top Bottom