[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
:(
As I once said, we have a newsletter script that is full feature and one year price of it costs $500. But we wanted to replace it with your add-on as I thought that we can easily have unlimited Digests with your add-on and this was the only thing that attracted my attention in first sight.

Anyway, thanks for your explain. I'll sit back and watch the add-on until multiple digests be added to this perfect add-on.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

Feature: Digest Log
Feature: Ability to set the default frequency for the Digest
Feature: "Can View Mail" permission
Change: Improved performance by implementing phrase caching
Change: Mailing lists sent should now more reliably use the user’s language settings for the mail wrapper
Change: The web view of an email will now handle replacement variables
Change: Back-end changes to make pages, error messages and redirects more compliant with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Upgrade Notice

The new user group permission will hide the navbar tab and produce "no permission" errors until the correct permissions have been set in XenForo's user group manager.

Fillip

Suggestion:
  • add a new option for keywords to be able to associate a keyword to a special newsletter (mailing list).
Why? imagine there are 200 keywords defined (and there are 50 mailing lists for different subjects). Its totally clear that 4 or 5 keywords are suitable for each of those mailing lists. But now, next to each mailing list, when user click on manage keyword, they see all 200 keywords listed there. Its clear that 195 of those keywords never will be used in MAILING-LIST-1. So why should all of them be displayed in keyword management of all mailing lists? (worse is that when we want to send an email to a mailing list, again we see all 200 keywords in sending email page. => 200 is just an example number)

Thanks

when I want to see "Digest Log" (when I click on View button) :
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xyz_xf.xf_dbtech_mail_digestlog' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in DBTech/Mail/Application/Database.php at line 578
DBTech_Mail_Application_Database->fetchRow() in DBTech/Mail/Application/Database.php at line 637
DBTech_Mail_Application_Database->fetchOne() in DBTech/Mail/ActionAdmin/Digestlog.php at line 132
DBTech_Mail_ActionAdmin_Digestlog->actionView() in DBTech/Mail/Application/Core.php at line 333
DBTech_Mail_Application_Core->runAction() in DBTech/Mail/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Mail.php at line 32
DBTech_Mail_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Mail->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xenforo/domains/site.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

• About "Default Digest Frequency": We can set "Daily". It starts from Weekly. (now we use a complete add-on called "daily digest" for a special newsletter, and when we decide to start using your add-on, we will delete that add-on. But when we can't set Daily for a digest, it doesn't let us do that.)
  • About "Can View List": when there is a permission called "Can View List", why you also added "Cannot View list"? When some groups are set to YES for "Can View List", it means other groups Cannot View List.
  • About Mailing lists sent emails: it still is not looking nice (see the screenshot. It )
  • About Digest Sent mails: It still doesn't respect user’s language settings for the mail wrapper. See the screenshot (it is LTR although user's lang is RTL. Also the header of table is not in its place. See arrows). (although mailing lists sent email are not respecting that)

Attachments

• 2016-10-11_11-35-05.webp
    2016-10-11_11-35-05.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-10-11_11-36-07.webp
    2016-10-11_11-36-07.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 20
add a new option for keywords to be able to associate a keyword to a special newsletter (mailing list).
I'm worried that this might increase the complexity of the setup, but if I make it optional then it should be possible to do without causing too many issues :)

when I want to see "Digest Log" (when I click on View button)
Hotfixed, if you run this query it'll be fixed:
Code:
                CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_dbtech_mail_digestlog`
                (
                    `digestlogid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                    `userid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `newsletterid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `dateline` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    PRIMARY KEY (`digestlogid`),
                    KEY (`userid`),
                    KEY (`newsletterid`)
                ) ENGINE = InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

About "Default Digest Frequency": We can set "Daily".
Changing that will be a lot more work, as currently the code uses weeks as a metric for storing the frequency. I would have to re-write all of the code dealing with frequencies to have it use days instead. I'll add it to the list :)

About "Can View List": when there is a permission called "Can View List", why you also added "Cannot View list"? When some groups are set to YES for "Can View List", it means other groups Cannot View List.
It was a requested feature. Someone requested more control over permissions as a result of the "Yes overwrites No" permissions inheritance, so I added it :)

About Mailing lists sent emails: it still is not looking nice (see the screenshot. It )
That looks like an issue with the customisations made to that skin, it's not something I can replicate in the default skin.

About Digest Sent mails: It still doesn't respect user’s language settings for the mail wrapper.
It might be because I'm using a standard template for the threadbit, I'll look into moving it to the Email Template system in the next version and see if I can test a RTL language locally.

Fillip

I'm worried that this might increase the complexity of the setup, but if I make it optional then it should be possible to do without causing too many issues :)
Thanks. It will be appreciated if you add it. As you know if will be so useful in case of having different mailing lists + lots of subject based keywords. (y)

Hotfixed, if you run this query it'll be fixed:
Thanks. Fixed.

Changing that will be a lot more work, as currently the code uses weeks as a metric for storing the frequency. I would have to re-write all of the code dealing with frequencies to have it use days instead. I'll add it to the list :)
Thanks. I hope to get it. Let me explain something:
  • We use This Add-on: (if you add daily to digests, then we can remove that add-on)
  • We use This add-on: (your add-on let us have this. so we can remove this too)
  • We use This add-on: (your add-on let us have this. so I can remove it too)
  • We have two other add-ons that let us send newsletter each 2 weeks and 1 month. Also we have a script to send different newsletters manually (this is why I also asked you to support multiple digests functions to let us remove our other newsletter add-ons and script)
It was a requested feature. Someone requested more control over permissions as a result of the "Yes overwrites No" permissions inheritance, so I added it :)
if that is the case, its OK. But can you please give me an example of its usage? (I want to know it in order to use it when needed) because with just one of them we can do what ever that now we can do with both of them. (just with this that when they are 2, then it makes it a little confusing)
Thanks

That looks like an issue with the customisations made to that skin, it's not something I can replicate in the default skin.
So it that is the case, then I invite @Arty here. Maybe he can offer a fix (as we are using Email Customizer)

It might be because I'm using a standard template for the threadbit, I'll look into moving it to the Email Template system in the next version and see if I can test a RTL language locally.
Perfect. Thanks. If you needed a RTL lang to test it, you can download it from my resources.

So it that is the case, then I invite @Arty here. Maybe he can offer a fix (as we are using Email Customizer)

Perfect. Thanks. If you needed a RTL lang to test it, you can download it from my resources.
I created a test RTL language and set it as my test user's language, then used the Test feature to test the digest sending to this user:
W8mgiE2.png

As you can see, there are no problems with the design nor the actual language itself. I would advise you to disable all modifications that modify emails or email templates, then try sending a test email again. Let me know if you are still experiencing problems after doing that :)

Fillip

I created a test RTL language and set it as my test user's language, then used the Test feature to test the digest sending to this user:
W8mgiE2.png

As you can see, there are no problems with the design nor the actual language itself. I would advise you to disable all modifications that modify emails or email templates, then try sending a test email again. Let me know if you are still experiencing problems after doing that :)

Fillip
No. This is the result with Email Customizer add-on disabled:
2016-10-11_21-31-43.webp
As you see it has problem.

also look at the wrapper of email. It has again problem with its header (its half of its size. Even without no add-on to affect emails)

Can you please double-check to make sure you have not edited the email templates used in this product, and that you have no modifications that use Email Template Modifications? You may need to turn on debug mode to investigate this.

Fillip

Can you please double-check to make sure you have not edited the email templates used in this product, and that you have no modifications that use Email Template Modifications? You may need to turn on debug mode to investigate this.

Fillip
Nothing found. (Of course I never change the core directly. So I was sure about it before.)

(but if you need, we can continue checking it privately and I provide you some access)

Is support for DBT Donate donation drives coming?
+
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-mail-paid.115627/page-6#post-1094732
+
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-mail-paid.115627/page-7#post-1102775
+
  • Please add support of Credit add-on to this mail add-on (so that we be able to set price for some mailing lists and those who want to subscribe to it, first pay the price and then be subscribed)
  • And/OR be able to set price for each mail that is sent from a mailing list. (for example we set 2 points/per mail. then each mail that comes to me from the mailing list, will decrease 2 points from my wallet.)
+
a few other improvements that you added to list ;)

(newsletters are important part of our sites. although we even now send them with our script, but manually. its hard to have this add-on here but not be able to use it for a few remaining features. Hope to see them soon too)

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

Feature: Digests can now be set to Daily
Feature: Keywords can now be optionally restricted to only appear for certain Mailing Lists
Change: The Digest cron job now prioritises users who have not received the Digest for a while, rather than prioritising the lowest User ID
Change: Error messages now use the correct response type
Fix: Completing the Digest test in the AdminCP should no longer present a page with the word "Error" on it along with the "Test...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I bought this add-on this week. Just playing around with it a little bit. There is a fairly steep learning curve, but as I continue to learn, the potential of this add-on continue to open up possibilities. And having support for XFRM and AMS would be the icing on the cake! I look forward to continued development of this add-on and support the developer.

Hi Dragonbyte, I finally got to send the first email out with this add-on. My members were kind enough to let me know what they received. I add a picture here.her members have reported the same thing as well, but the number of 'frames' seem to vary. Some got fewer and some got more!
Appreciate your assistance on this!

Attachments

• DBMail weirdness.webp
    DBMail weirdness.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 15
Hi Dragonbyte, I finally got to send the first email out with this add-on. My members were kind enough to let me know what they received. I add a picture here.her members have reported the same thing as well, but the number of 'frames' seem to vary. Some got fewer and some got more!
Appreciate your assistance on this!
Are you able to replicate this issue if you set up a new mailing list that no-one can subscribe to except your admin groups, then manually subscribe yourself to it?

If that does not work, please try manually subscribing the rest of your staff and let me know whether the amount of frames increase with the number of users subscribed.

Fillip

Top Bottom