[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
I've had this mod for a while now and I dont think its sent one email. I just updated to the latest version. I'm trying to use it to email inactive users for over 30 days but I can't figure any of it out.

Whenever I try to view the inactive user list I get an error

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '=user:membergroupids=) OR FIND_IN_SET(2, =user:membergroupids=) OR =user:us' at line 5

Then I have a "Mailing List" setup, but do not see any way to assign the Inactive users to that list, or subscribe them.

What are "Digests"? Why can I only have one?

I dunno this whole mod is kind of a hot mess, way overly complicated.

I've had this mod for a while now and I dont think its sent one email. I just updated to the latest version. I'm trying to use it to email inactive users for over 30 days but I can't figure any of it out.
There is no way for you to manually email inactive users, this is all 100% automatic and there will be no record of these emails sent anywhere in the AdminCP.

Whenever I try to view the inactive user list I get an error
This has already been reported, it's not an issue I am able to replicate but once I gain access to a site that has this issue I will be able to resolve it in a future update.

Then I have a "Mailing List" setup, but do not see any way to assign the Inactive users to that list, or subscribe them.
Please do not attempt to use a mailing list to email inactive users. That is not what that feature is for, a mailing list is for sending out manual newsletters.

What are "Digests"?
The most popular threads on your forum in the past week.

Why can I only have one?
Only one is needed :)

Fillip

How about other problems?
I cannot address anything else until the important problem has been solved. Graphical issues and minor counting issues that do not affect the functionality of the mod in any way, shape or form is not a priority to resolve as I'm sure you can understand :)

Fillip

Other thing that I can report is: When digest is sent, the content of it is LTR, although the user is using RTL language in our site (and all emails from XF is smart to change the direction of content of email based on the language user is using)

Other thing that I can report is: When digest is sent, the content of it is LTR, although the user is using RTL language in our site (and all emails from XF is smart to change the direction of content of email based on the language user is using)
We use XenForo's standard mail sending code, we have no control over the text direction. I'll investigate whether there's any way I can change this, but I strongly doubt there's anything I can do.

Fillip

but I strongly doubt there's anything I can do.
I think its possible. Because:
  • As I said xenforo smartly change the direction of email based on user's language.
  • Once it happened in another add-on and I asked him the same thing. and he added an option and that fixed our need (but first way is better anyway)
Thanks

I said what I said because I've not seen any examples of the XenForo_Mail class needing manual language settings, but if there is such an option I'll find it :)

Fillip

• When a Digest is sent, how I can translate "Digest‎" on title of email? (it doesn't seem to be a phrase. And would be nice to be. Because not all sites are English)
  • Guest can see "Mail History" of mailing lists. Isn't it able to control who can see that?
Thanks

When a Digest is sent, how I can translate "Digest‎" on title of email? (it doesn't seem to be a phrase. And would be nice to be. Because not all sites are English)
Edit the Digest in the AdminCP under Manage Digests and change the title :)

Guest can see "Mail History" of mailing lists. Isn't it able to control who can see that?
The per-mailing list "Can View Mailing List" permission controls this :)

Fillip

Edit the Digest in the AdminCP under Manage Digests and change the title :)
I did it. But the email's title is "Digest + board's title". Its not the Digest's title set in acp.

The per-mailing list "Can View Mailing List" permission controls this :)
I'm a little confused. I set Guest as NO for "Can View List", but still they can see the list.

See. We want to let Guest to see the mailing list in that page, but not be able to see "Mail History" of mailing list there. Is it possible? if yes, can you please explain me how to set the permissions?

Thanks

Just a couple questions
Is this add-on CPU heavy at all?
Is there a way to send in batches to comply with an email provider's mail per hour limit?

Is this add-on CPU heavy at all?
I don't see why it would be, we've had no reports of any issues :)
Is there a way to send in batches to comply with an email provider's mail per hour limit?
This mod uses XenForo's email queue system, if you are able to configure it to avoid the emails per hour limit then this will carry over to this mod - I wouldn't know, as such hosts should generally be avoided IMO, so I haven't specifically tested it with such a host.

Fillip

I don't see why it would be, we've had no reports of any issues :)
This mod uses XenForo's email queue system, if you are able to configure it to avoid the emails per hour limit then this will carry over to this mod - I wouldn't know, as such hosts should generally be avoided IMO, so I haven't specifically tested it with such a host.

Fillip
Awesome

And, what exactly is the email queue? I've never heard of it lol

Awesome

And, what exactly is the email queue? I've never heard of it lol
I've just looked into it, it seems like it's not configurable from the XenForo Options. There's a config.php flag to turn it off, but I don't believe it will work with a host's mail per hour limit at this time.

Fillip

I've just looked into it, it seems like it's not configurable from the XenForo Options. There's a config.php flag to turn it off, but I don't believe it will work with a host's mail per hour limit at this time.

Fillip
Dang, I thought of a workoaround though, though not sure if it would work haha
What if I made three or so separate newsletter groups, that way, I could just send one of to one group after the other every hour or so. Could something like that work with this add-on? (I really need to thoroughly go through my members to see who I can drop haha)

Dang, I thought of a workoaround though, though not sure if it would work haha
What if I made three or so separate newsletter groups, that way, I could just send one of to one group after the other every hour or so. Could something like that work with this add-on? (I really need to thoroughly go through my members to see who I can drop haha)
It certainly could, although I would strongly recommend switching to a better host that does not place any hourly limitations. Also, if you have root access to your server through a control panel such as WHM (cPanel), you may be able to disable this hourly email restriction yourself. This is mostly true for self-managed or semi-managed VPS or Dedicated servers, it's unlikely a shared hosting package would allow this.

Fillip

Top Bottom