[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Also it doesn't work (Xf 1.5.9)
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Arrays are not allowed in class constants - library/DBTech/Mail/Model/MailingList.php:13
Generated By: Hamed-Azimi, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "http://mysite.com/dbtech-mail/"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["do"] => string(0) ""
    ["id"] => int(0)
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

EDIT: I didn't pay attention to required php 5.6+ (mine is 5.5.33)

The permissions are per mailing list :)
Please add a new permission to user groups as "Can use Dragon Byte Mail". And if a group didn't have this permission, then its users not be able to see the Navigation tab and the page of dbtech-mail . (just as a suggestion. That is so needed IMO, as we always control add-ons in this way at first, then we give approperiate permission based on features and different parts of add-on)

Thanks

Please add a new permission to user groups as "Can use Dragon Byte Mail". And if a group didn't have this permission, then its users not be able to see the Navigation tab and the page of dbtech-mail . (just as a suggestion. That is so needed IMO, as we always control add-ons in this way at first, then we give approperiate permission based on features and different parts of add-on)

Thanks

Should be mandatory.

While trying to see Inactive Users:
Code:
Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=user:membergroupids=) OR FIND_IN_SET(4, =user:membergroupids=) OR FIND_IN_SET(2' at line 5

Code:
Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '=user:membergroupids=) OR FIND_IN_SET(4, =user:membergroupids=) OR FIND_IN_SET(2' at line 5
I'll look into this and get back to you when a hotfix is available :)

Fillip

Thanks.

Also when a user click on Subscribe and get an email to confirm, in the email there is a link to click to confirm the subscription. When clicked, it goes to a page that gives error. and this error log comes in acp:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method DBTech_Mail_Action_MailingLists::getUserById() - library/DBTech/Mail/Action/MailingLists.php:625
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(250) "http://mysite.com/dbtech-mail/%D8%AE%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%87-%D9%88%DB%8C%DA%98%D9%87-%D8%A2%D8%B2%D9%85%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%88%DA%A9%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA.1/mailing-lists?action=do-subscribe&userid=1&hash=d4901d331ebd286e2af9f1fb2fce400f"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["action"] => string(12) "do-subscribe"
    ["userid"] => string(1) "1"
    ["hash"] => string(32) "d4901d331ebd286e2af9f1fb2fce400f"
    ["do"] => string(13) "mailing-lists"
    ["id"] => int(1)
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Also. in a mailing list I clicked on Subscribe (I still didn't confirm the email). But next to mailing list it changed "Subscribed users" to "1". And when from ACP I click on "Search Users" from next to this mailing list, it doesn't bring my username there. (we have two ways: 1. not count those who still didn't confirm the email. 2. or show even those users in Search Users next to mailing list name in acp)

Thanks

Also I'm not sure why when I click to send email, it goes to the page but gives error "... click back and reload the page and try again" and it doesn't send the email.

Code:
Error
I'm unable to replicate this issue.

Thanks.

Also when a user click on Subscribe and get an email to confirm, in the email there is a link to click to confirm the subscription. When clicked, it goes to a page that gives error. and this error log comes in acp:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method DBTech_Mail_Action_MailingLists::getUserById() - library/DBTech/Mail/Action/MailingLists.php:625
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(250) "http://mysite.com/dbtech-mail/%D8%AE%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%87-%D9%88%DB%8C%DA%98%D9%87-%D8%A2%D8%B2%D9%85%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%88%DA%A9%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA.1/mailing-lists?action=do-subscribe&userid=1&hash=d4901d331ebd286e2af9f1fb2fce400f"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["action"] => string(12) "do-subscribe"
    ["userid"] => string(1) "1"
    ["hash"] => string(32) "d4901d331ebd286e2af9f1fb2fce400f"
    ["do"] => string(13) "mailing-lists"
    ["id"] => int(1)
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Hotfixed :)

Also. in a mailing list I clicked on Subscribe (I still didn't confirm the email). But next to mailing list it changed "Subscribed users" to "1". And when from ACP I click on "Search Users" from next to this mailing list, it doesn't bring my username there. (we have two ways: 1. not count those who still didn't confirm the email. 2. or show even those users in Search Users next to mailing list name in acp)

Thanks
If you haven't confirmed the email, it shouldn't show up in the Search Users interface. This is working as intended just now :)

Also I'm not sure why when I click to send email, it goes to the page but gives error "... click back and reload the page and try again" and it doesn't send the email.
Any stack traces in the AdminCP? I'm unable to replicate this issue.

Fillip

'm unable to replicate this issue.
But I still get it.
If you haven't confirmed the email, it shouldn't show up in the Search Users interface. This is working as intended just now :)
Then it also shouldn't be counted next to Subscribed Users next to mailing list. Yeah? But it is being counted.
Any stack traces in the AdminCP? I'm unable to replicate this issue.
I still get this problem. But no error log.

Any idea?

Thanks

I manually added a user to a mailing list. Then the number of "Subscribed Users" (below the owner) became 1.
Then that user unsubscribed. (Now both "Subscribed Users" and "UnSubscribed Users" are 1. Logically when a user unsubsribes, then 1 should be decreased from number of subsribed users.)

But I still get it.
Can you try deactivating all other addons and see if it still happens?

I still get this problem. But no error log.
If re-downloading, re-uploading and the above step of disabling all other addons doesn't work, then I'll need an FTP and AdminCP account in order to diagnose this & the other problem @ your site.

I'll look into updating the logic for the counters in a future version :)

Fillip

After upgrading, the result is:
  • Now the email is being sent (so, fixed)
  • When I try to see Inactive users, it still gives that error. (so, its not fixed yet)
  • still when a user click on "Subscribe" button, the number of "Subscribed Users" increases by one, although he is not yet confirmed the email to complete subscription. (logically that number should just show number of users who confirmed their subscription, not the number of users who just clicked on the Subscribe button even if they didn't confirm the email)
  • When user clicks on confirm button in email, it works fine (so, it is fixed)
New bugs:
  • The email that is sent by this add-on doesn't have the perfect structure. (header is not full - and the width also is not full - main body of the mail is small, but it should be full just like other emails from site)
2016-07-30_00-53-22.webp
Even its online version is not in "must be" size:
2016-07-30_01-11-03.webp
As you see below, the email for confirming subscription has standard email layout:
2016-07-30_01-00-48.webp
  • when a user clicks on Subscribe button, and don't confirm the email, and again refreshes the page and once again clicks on the Subscribe link for that mailing lists, it becomes Subscriber of that mailing list with no need to confirm the email anymore ;)
  • Also if you pay attention to online version of email, it shows variables as raw. But when I (as a logged in user) am visiting that page, it should replace them with info related to me. (like other newsletter systems that has a link to online version of newsletter, with the exact version, just in the site.)
  • "Default Subscribed" doesn't work. I added a mailing list and set two usergroups as "Default Subscribed" but still it shows 0 for "Subscribed Users" and when the users of those two usergroups visit the mailing lists page, they see "Subscribe" button next to that mailing list.
  • When there is no subscriber to a mailing list, its Send Mail button should be Inactive. Now it works and it brings the editor and we can write and even send and it starts the work and it the end it shows "Last Email sent" next to mailing list. But in fact no mail was sent!
  • When I edit a mailing list, "Reset" button doesn't work. (what is its goal? I wanted to reset "last email sent" and other stats about it. But I saw no changes. Although I even didn't see any changes on its settings and options. It didn't work at all)

Last edited:
When I try to see Inactive users, it still gives that error. (so, its not fixed yet)
If you want this fixed you'll need to PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account and also make sure your site has an English language option so I can navigate it :)

When I edit a mailing list, "Reset" button doesn't work. (what is its goal? I wanted to reset "last email sent" and other stats about it. But I saw no changes. Although I even didn't see any changes on its settings and options. It didn't work at all)
The reset button does the same thing it does in every other web form; resets the web form to what the input was before you changed it.

Example: You click Edit, change the title of the mailing list, then click reset. It'll undo your changes on that page.

Fillip

If you want this fixed you'll need to PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account and also make sure your site has an English language option so I can navigate it :)
I'll PM you tomorrow morning.

The reset button does the same thing it does in every other web form; resets the web form to what the input was before you changed it.

Example: You click Edit, change the title of the mailing list, then click reset. It'll undo your changes on that page.
Then hope to get such a reset funtion that I explained above one day.

How about other problems?

Thanks.

Top Bottom