[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Not at this time, sorry :(

What custom template are you referring to

Fillip

There's an option to send the newsletter using the standard template or a custom one.

I'm on my phone at the moment so I don't have the exact location of that option but it's buried in there somewhere.

I think it's under mailing list settings.

Last edited:
There's an option to send the newsletter using the standard template or a custom one.
Ah, sorry for the confusion there, by custom template I mean that you will need to create 100% of both the HTML and Plain Text version of the emails yourself.
Have you ever used the "Email Users" feature in the AdminCP under the Users tab? It's kinda like that, except that it has you input both plain text AND the HTML versions, rather than making you choose. This ensures maximum deliverability to all kinds of email clients :)

In short, there's no template for this. If you've downloaded an email template off the web, you just copy the HTML into the relevant fields and write up a text version, and that's you :)

Fillip

Just wondering if there is a roadmap or anything available for where this modification maybe heading. I know its rather new and thats okay, but it seems in its current form that creating newsletters is a bit of a stretch of a claim unless I'm just missing things. So far i've only been able to get it to send a list of recent threads...

Last edited:
Does the plugin only do most popular posts? Can you also do latest posts from a specific forum?

If it only does popular posts, will it repeat the post if it was contained in a previous newsletter?

Does the plugin only do most popular posts? Can you also do latest posts from a specific forum?

If it only does popular posts, will it repeat the post if it was contained in a previous newsletter?
It calculates threads that has received the most activity in the past week, so if your threads died as a course of the week they will not be included in next week's digest.

Fillip

Hmm, apparently there is no actual setting for this - I thought there were. It will send 20 emails from your queue on every page load, from what I can tell.

Fillip
Fillip, thank you for your response. Hopefully XF will implement email throttling in the future. :)

Hi,

A few pre-sales questions:
  • When creating a mailing list, is it possible to set it to be Opt-In or Opt-Out? (If no, any plan to add it? Some mailing list are so important and we need to set them as opt-out so that by default all the members be subscribed automatically and if they want, the be unsubscribed)
  • Is it possible to see a preview of email before sending and even sending a test version of email to special user or email before sending it to all subscribers of a mailing list? (if not, any plan to do it?)
  • Does it support subscribing of guest? how it behaves? it shows a email and name and ... field and they should fill? and if a guest who is subscribed to a mailing list, register on board after a few days, does the mailing list automatically recognize him?
  • can we (for example) create a mailing list that will send all the new threads posted in a special forum every 24 hours or every week or so?
  • Each sent email, will show the statistic of clicked links within it? (imagine we put 10 links in a newsletter and send it. it seems We can see who opened the mail, but we also want to know who clicked on which links inside the mail and which link was the most clicked)
  • is it possible to provide a welcome conversation or email per mailing list? So that when a user subscribed to a mailing list, he/she receives a welcome conversation or email.
  • Will dynamic content tags support all custom fields? (it seems for now it just supports a few tags)
  • Will each email have a web version? so that if users couldn't see it perfectly on their mobile or desktop, they be able to click and see the web version of it on our site?
  • Does it support view trigger? (example: we create 10 mails, and we plan to send 1st one just after the user subsribes, and plan the 2nd one to be sent automatically 2 days after the user opened the 1st one, and .... like this until the end) (if not, do you have any plan to add it?)
  • Isn't it possible to attach files and images while creating a newsletter? (of course logically it should upload the images in a way that system sends them to email. Where the attachments in xenforo is not being sent to emails)
Why I asked them? I don't mean I'll purchase only if these features comes! No. I asked to know what is your plan for this add-on and to see if I can rely on it and replace it with my current newsletter script that is absolutely professional. And the only reason why I want to replace it is that we want to have that system as an add-on for our xenforo.

Thanks in advance

When creating a mailing list, is it possible to set it to be Opt-In or Opt-Out? (If no, any plan to add it? Some mailing list are so important and we need to set them as opt-out so that by default all the members be subscribed automatically and if they want, the be unsubscribed)
It does, via the "default subscribed" option that can be set for each individual usergroup on a per-mailinglist basis :)

Is it possible to see a preview of email before sending and even sending a test version of email to special user or email before sending it to all subscribers of a mailing list? (if not, any plan to do it?)
You can achieve this by creating a new mailing list, making it invisible for all usergroups except for admins, and send the email via that list until you're happy with the outlook. A web preview wouldn't do much good since each email client may render it differently than the web.

Does it support subscribing of guest? how it behaves? it shows a email and name and ... field and they should fill? and if a guest who is subscribed to a mailing list, register on board after a few days, does the mailing list automatically recognize him?
Sorry, no guest subscriptions :(

The vBulletin version did have an "external mailing list" option, which allowed users to subscribe simply via the email, but it received little to no usage so it wasn't included in the XenForo version.

can we (for example) create a mailing list that will send all the new threads posted in a special forum every 24 hours or every week or so?
The second part of this mod is the "Digest" feature, which selects the most popular threads since the last time the user received a digest. You can limit how many threads are included, as well as what forums they are included from.

This Digest is 100% automatic, and users can increase/decrease frequency from 1 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and yearly.

Each sent email, will show the statistic of clicked links within it? (imagine we put 10 links in a newsletter and send it. it seems We can see who opened the mail, but we also want to know who clicked on which links inside the mail and which link was the most clicked)
At the moment there's no such tracking, as the tracking we've included is there to facilitate better email queuing and delivery (e.g. if user A reads the emails at 5 PM every time they get them, send it to them at 5 PM to maximise chance of it being actually read and interacted with).

It's definitely something we could look into in the future, though :)

is it possible to provide a welcome conversation or email per mailing list? So that when a user subscribed to a mailing list, he/she receives a welcome conversation or email.
There's no such feature at this time.

Will dynamic content tags support all custom fields? (it seems for now it just supports a few tags)
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the Keywords feature? If so, that feature is designed to help ensure that users only receive emails they actually want to read. For instance, if you run a gaming forum and deliver industry news via the newsletter, having Xbox, PlayStation and PC as options ensure that people who are only interested in PC gaming doesn't receive a bunch of newsletters discussing the PS4 Neo or Xbox One Scorpio or whatever it was they called it.

Will each email have a web version? so that if users couldn't see it perfectly on their mobile or desktop, they be able to click and see the web version of it on our site?
There is a web version via the mail history, although I don't believe there's a link in the actual email itself. That's something I'd be looking to add in a future version :)

Does it support view trigger? (example: we create 10 mails, and we plan to send 1st one just after the user subsribes, and plan the 2nd one to be sent automatically 2 days after the user opened the 1st one, and .... like this until the end) (if not, do you have any plan to add it?)
We have no plans to add that specific type of view trigger at this time, although when we do add the sending trigger system (as described 4 quotes up) we could definitely re-examine this system as well :)

Isn't it possible to attach files and images while creating a newsletter? (of course logically it should upload the images in a way that system sends them to email. Where the attachments in xenforo is not being sent to emails)
Unfortunately not, at this time we require all images to be hosted manually (and accessible by guests, if displayed as inline images).

Fillip

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the Keywords feature? If so, that feature is designed to help ensure that users only receive emails they actually want to read. For instance, if you run a gaming forum and deliver industry news via the newsletter, having Xbox, PlayStation and PC as options ensure that people who are only interested in PC gaming doesn't receive a bunch of newsletters discussing the PS4 Neo or Xbox One Scorpio or whatever it was they called it.
No. I don't mean that. I mean for example I write "Hello {username}" and you get the email with "Hello Fillip" and I get it with "Hello Dadparvar". As you know this way of dynamic content tags are so important and attractive in email marketing.
You called it in your add-on "Replacement Variables." as I see in this screenshot. But it is limited to username and user id. How about other custom user fields? (its easy to support of course when you added support of two of them. As one of my add-ons is supporting all the custom fields. My SMS add-on.)

The vBulletin version did have an "external mailing list" option, which allowed users to subscribe simply via the email, but it received little to no usage so it wasn't included in the XenForo version.
Honestly speaking, its so important for us. When you had it in Vb, so it wouldn't take much time of you to add it to XF too. So, would you add it please?

Thanks

No. I don't mean that. I mean for example I write "Hello {username}" and you get the email with "Hello Fillip" and I get it with "Hello Dadparvar". As you know this way of dynamic content tags are so important and attractive in email marketing.
You called it in your add-on "Replacement Variables." as I see in this screenshot. But it is limited to username and user id. How about other custom user fields? (its easy to support of course when you added support of two of them. As one of my add-ons is supporting all the custom fields. My SMS add-on.)
There's quite a difference between user name and user ID and "any custom profile field added by the forum" if that's what you mean, it's something I can look at though :)

Honestly speaking, its so important for us. When you had it in Vb, so it wouldn't take much time of you to add it to XF too. So, would you add it please?
I'd much rather find another way of managing subscriptions than try to re-apply that code, as it wasn't very portable. I can't promise I can get it added though.

Fillip

Unfortunately not, I'm currently developing some major updates for the Shop mod :)
Shop has been updated. And now?

Also a new question: is license upgrading possible? (I want to purchase a basic license of your add-on and text it. If it was what I wanted in act, then upgrade my license to lifetime. Is it possible? Or in that way, I should again pay $50 for it?)

Shop has been updated. And now?
I still have more updates for the shop to do, this was an update laying the ground work :)

Also a new question: is license upgrading possible? (I want to purchase a basic license of your add-on and text it. If it was what I wanted in act, then upgrade my license to lifetime. Is it possible? Or in that way, I should again pay $50 for it?)
Upgrading to a higher license tier is significantly cheaper than buying a new license, I don't have the exact figures at hand but essentially you'd be paying the difference between your existing license tier and the new tier.

Fillip

Just a quick question. Isn't it permissions based?
For example I want not to give any access (even seeing navtab) to some usergroup. But I couldn't find any permission related to this add-on.

Top Bottom