[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Where is the charged content shown? Currently, it does not work with areas that do not have a User relation on the content object - apparently this affects XFRM. I don't know about other areas, but I do know it works in posts.

Forgot to mention I'm talking about posts, the first post to be more precise (Thread).

A quick step to step guide about setting up the event in order to give back a percentage of the amount spent would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'm asking this because I have a suspect it's not working correctly, unless I did something wrong, and I'd like to make sure first. Thanks.

A quick step to step guide about setting up the event in order to give back a percentage of the amount spent would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I don't think it's possible to be honest, the system is really not set up to have any "cashback" functionality. Taxation will erase currency (e.g. a 10% tax on both users for something that costs 10 credits will remove 11 credits from the buyer, and the receiving user will receive 9 credits), so that isn't useful here.

Sorry, but I can't see a way of achieving what you're looking for. Sorry I couldn't bring better news :(

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This update resolves an issue where the contents of [CHARGE] BBCodes could be revealed in the snippet shown to users when receiving "watched thread" emails, if the global XenForo setting to show post contents in watch emails was enabled.

Complete Change Log

Fix: Strip the [CHARGE] BBCode contents when rendering HTML in Email or API contexts

Read the rest of this update entry...

I set up a Registration event and it works fine most of the time, but some users complained they didn't receive any credits when they signed up (and indeed they didn't). Any ideas about why this happened? Is this a bug or..? Consider we have around 1000 new registrations every day, could it be because they're too much to be handled by your add-on?

I set up a Registration event and it works fine most of the time, but some users complained they didn't receive any credits when they signed up (and indeed they didn't). Any ideas about why this happened? Is this a bug or..? Consider we have around 1000 new registrations every day, could it be because they're too much to be handled by your add-on?
Are you sure you're running the latest version? In earlier versions, it didn't work if you required email verification, but that has been resolved in newer versions.

Is there a way to apply this change in some php files if I'd like to apply this fix in an older version?
You would need to manually compare the files and work that out yourself, as patching older versions is not something we tend to do unless it's a serious security issue, sorry.

You would need to manually compare the files and work that out yourself, as patching older versions is not something we tend to do unless it's a serious security issue, sorry.

I'm afraid that wasn't the solution. Even if I disable the email confirmation, some users still don't receive the registration bonus :(

I'm afraid that wasn't the solution. Even if I disable the email confirmation, some users still don't receive the registration bonus :(
In that case you would need to upgrade to the latest version for XenForo 2.2, as older versions aren't supported for bugfixes, sorry :(

If the only fix you applied about this event was about users requiring email verification, I'm afraid even if I upgrade to the latest version, the bug would still occur as it's unrelated to the confirmation of the email.

If the only fix you applied about this event was about users requiring email verification, I'm afraid even if I upgrade to the latest version, the bug would still occur as it's unrelated to the confirmation of the email.
The fix was to change the location the code for inserting a new Registration event, to the actual post-registration service that XenForo also uses. There could be any number of reasons why the old location didn't work for any given setup.

Hi there, is there a way to change the "Richest Users" widget title to "Richest Members"? I've looked in the templates and I can't seem to find out where to edit this.

XMvo4Bw.png

I have a major bug to report, and a solution. If you create a Redeem event which can be claimed multiple times by the same user (let's say 2 times), if the user opens multiple tabs of the redeem code link, such as forum.example/currency/db-credits.1/redeem/?code=THECODEHERE he's able to claim it indefinitely, as long as the tabs are open at the same time. A simple way to do so would be clicking with the mouse wheel on the link (which immediately opens a new tab in the browser).

I think that part of the script should be tweaked.

Another bug (which was already reported and you can finally fix thanks to the info above) is the fact users can claim the "Daily Activity" reward multiple times every day, just by refreshing their browser many times when 24 hours passed since their last login. The concept is identical, the script isn't able to determine the user already claimed it because each claim happens at the same moment, so I hope my information helped you and you can finally fix two important bugs using the same method, thank you.

PS: If you'd be so kind to let me know via PM how to fix it by myself, so I can also apply it to my custom version of your add-on, I would be grateful, as I'm good with php but I'm not having enough time to inspect all the code recently, due to personal reasons.

I have a major bug to report, and a solution. If you create a Redeem event which can be claimed multiple times by the same user (let's say 2 times), if the user opens multiple tabs of the redeem code link, such as forum.example/currency/db-credits.1/redeem/?code=THECODEHERE he's able to claim it indefinitely, as long as the tabs are open at the same time. A simple way to do so would be clicking with the mouse wheel on the link (which immediately opens a new tab in the browser).
What version are you running? I don't believe this works on the latest version.

Another bug (which was already reported and you can finally fix thanks to the info above) is the fact users can claim the "Daily Activity" reward multiple times every day, just by refreshing their browser many times when 24 hours passed since their last login. The concept is identical, the script isn't able to determine the user already claimed it because each claim happens at the same moment, so I hope my information helped you and you can finally fix two important bugs using the same method, thank you.
I've also not heard reports of this in recent versions, this might have already been fixed.

PS: If you'd be so kind to let me know via PM how to fix it by myself, so I can also apply it to my custom version of your add-on, I would be grateful, as I'm good with php but I'm not having enough time to inspect all the code recently, due to personal reasons.
Unfortunately I can't. I believe these issues have been fixed quite a while ago, so I couldn't say which specific change resolved this. If anyone running the latest version can replicate any of these issues, I'll do a full investigation.

I understand your frustration, but it isn't feasible for me to support old versions with bugfixes for anything other than security patches. For instance, if a feature is added or a piece of code is reworked, then a bug is discovered in the old version of that code which the new version isn't susceptible to, then the fix will sadly be "update to the new version".

Custom additions to the code shouldn't block updates, unless you have quite literally modified files, which is entirely unsupported. If you/your developer need me to add any code events or rework some code to make it easier to use the standard XenForo extension system, so you no longer need to edit files, I'd be happy to assist with that.

If you have a demo for the newest version I can set up a way to replicate the bug and let you know if it's still happening or not :)

Is it possible for users to exchange currency with other currencies?

IE. If I make it so that 100 items of currency 1 can be swapped for 1 item of currency two, is that possible?

If not, would installing your shop addon make that possible?

Top Bottom