Custom Addon Development | Xenforo 2.x | Xenforo 1.x | Custom Styling | Migration Services (9+ Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fahad has just delivered another great job. I requested a custom registration system with recommendations and approval. New users have to fill a few required custom fields, then the post about their registration is made and other users (meeting some predefined criteria related to their activity) can offer recommendations. When a required number of recommendations is present, the admin can on-click approve the user, who is assigned to a proper user group and the recommendation post is archived and the user gets e-mail notifications.

A lot of custom functionality done in a quick and efficient manner. Fahad is my preferred Xenforo developer.

My experience with @fahad ashraf was the worse experience I ever had with a developer. I'm not sure if he took on himself a project that he couldn't really deliver, but even simpler add-ons that I gave him to develop were always delayed and weren't written correctly (in terms of the code). He always had excuses: one time that he's sick, another one that he's in a hospital because of his kid, a different one that he suddenly has a new child, and the most ridiculous one were that there are suddenly holidays that he forgot about and he's out of office. He basically made a joke out of the entire project, and because of him, we are now on a 2.5-month delay.

Not to mention that there is suspicion that he copied some of the code from a different developer (this is in an investigation by XF devs), he hasn't finished one of our core add-ons. We had to handle the project to a different developer that had to half re-write the poorly written code and logic that was used to build this add-on (a payment gateway add-on).

Overall, I wouldn't recommend him to anybody who wants their add-ons to be developed on time, or be written in a high-quality code. I spent hours to QA his development, and it was never right. I always found many bugs and errors, there it took him weeks to fix.

Good luck.

My experience with @fahad ashraf was the worse experience I ever had with a developer. I'm not sure if he took on himself a project that he couldn't really deliver, but even simpler add-ons that I gave him to develop were always delayed and weren't written correctly (in terms of the code). He always had excuses, one time that he's sick, another one that he's in a hospital, a different one that he has a new child, another one that there are suddenly holidays that he forgot about and he's out of office, etc`. He basically made a joke out of the entire project, and because of him, we are now on a 2.5-month delay.

Not to mention that there is suspicion that he copied some of the code from a different developer (this is in an investigation by XF devs), he hasn't finished one of our core add-ons. We had to handle the project to a different developer that had to half re-write the poorly code and logic that was used to build this add-on (a payment gateway add-on).

Overall, I wouldn't recommend him to anybody who wants their add-ons to be developed on time, or be written in a high-quality code. I spent hours to QA his development, and it was never as it should have. Always found many bugs and errors, there it took him weeks to fix.

Good luck.
Had a similar experience that I detailed previously in this thread. Lots of excuses. Half baked addon and had to abandon dealing with him after all the delays and excuses. Code review by another developer found that he doesn't use xenforo standards either.

Its interesting how long time users of xenforo have a vastly experience dealing with him than the newer ones with few posts...

Had a similar experience that I detailed previously in this thread. Lots of excuses. Half baked addon and had to abandon dealing with him after all the delays and excuses. Code review by another developer found that he doesn't use xenforo standards either.

Its interesting how long time users of xenforo have a vastly experience dealing with him than the newer ones with few posts...
I think he has no idea what he's doing, and he's pretty much out-sourcing add-on development to others somewhere.

He definitely doesn't use XF standards since the payment add-on he built me doesn't even use the handler system that was implemented in XF 2.
That's a big no-no and a basic thing to know when you're developing a payment gateway.

In the code itself, we found many options of overflow some XF tables with basic functions, so the add-on would basically kill the server on many occasions. Whoever builds the add-on for him has no idea how to develop for XF. They don't know basic things in the system itself, and probably do it on the fly. The simpler add-ons that were developed for me aren't even upgradable. Any upgrade that I will try to do to my XF will destroy them due to editing core files.

I just went over your review, and yes similar experience. Never sent a message with an update about the project. I always had to reach out and ask for an update. Weird excuses, not reading the scope of work and developing whatever. Forgetting features that are written and explained via a very detailed PDF + a video I made.

I hope you developed your add-ons somewhere else and overcame the bad experience you had.

nitely doesn't use XF standards since the payment add-on he built me doesn't even use the handler system that was implemented in XF 2
look i alwasy follow standard and regarding your job you provide me addon and i just convert it from xf1 -> xf2 . i know it was late but i delivered it .

look i alwasy follow standard and regarding your job you provide me addon and i just convert it from xf1 -> xf2 . i know it was late but i delivered it .
No you don't follow standards. I had another developer check your code and xenforo devs confirmed you didn't follow standards.

No you don't follow standards. I had another developer check your code and xenforo devs confirmed you didn't follow standards.
please @tajhay you always have clash with me because you did not pay my amount you are fraud and keep my payment . you always pray for bad review for me you are a really jealous person

You haven't delivered a working version that is accepted by XF standards. I don't want to embarrass you by posting here chunks from the code you wrote.

from where i out-sourcing ?? you give me addon for copy and i did now you are making lie
I was suggesting it by not following XF standards + developing 10 more add-ons (based on the reviews here) while you "developed" my add-ons that require tens of hours of work/week. So either you're superman or out-sourced. Either way, it doesn't change your poor quality code, lack of customer service and communications, and not providing add-ons on time (2-month delay, maybe even more, I stopped counting at some point).

Excellent work, what can I say?

I have been working with Xenbulletins for almost two years, he has been excellent. Competent, very intelligent, a great communicator and problem solver. Anytime I need something new being made for my website he is straight onto it and delivery time is exceptional. If I ever have any issues with my website or bugs I can message Xen on Skype for immediate assistance whenever I need it, he is a true fire fighter and will put out the fires when they arise.

He tells me that anything is possible and he proves his word, whatever you can imagine, Xen can build, to a very high quality as well.

Code is written beautifully, very easy to understand and edit if needed.

10/10 and 5 stars for Xenbulletins, the best!

You haven't delivered a working version that is accepted by XF standards. I don't want to embarrass you by posting here chunks from the code you wrote.

I was suggesting it by not following XF standards + developing 10 more add-ons (based on the reviews here) while you "developed" my add-ons that require tens of hours of work/week. So either you're superman or out-sourced. Either way, it doesn't change your poor quality code, lack of customer service and communications, and not providing add-ons on time (2-month delay, maybe even more, I stopped counting at some point).
@Moshe1010 sorry you have bad experience but you will need to talk with me if there was issue its my job to fixed it you have disappeared i think job was completed

@Moshe1010 sorry you have bad experience but you will need to talk with me if there was issue its my job to fixed it you have disappeared i think job was completed
I haven't disappeared I wrote you that I'm done with you very explicitly. I wrote it twice, the third time was final and you still tried to tell me "give me one more chance". I don't give chances to people who lie 3 times to me and try to delay a project for 2+ months, not communicating at all, and at the end of the day when I sent the developed add-ons to a third-party developer, we found many issues that are super basic in terms of XF standards and code.

Which good developer build a payment gateway add-on that doesn't use the handler system that is implemented in XF 2? which good developer overflows the xf_user table if someone decides to pass an SQL query to (promo)code argument? Which good developer is replacing core XF files and replacing tag in the template compiler which will cause loads of error when performing upgrades? Which good developer allows any user to update any phrase with any arbitrary content on the front-end without any kind of permissions? These are just a few examples out of many. You just made a mess that it will take me weeks, if not months, to fix and I even paid for this mess, which is a joke.

To all the "happy" customers here, try sending one of the developed add-ons to a well-known 3rd part developer here in the community, and you will see it by yourself.

I'm done here. Good luck

please @tajhay you always have clash with me because you did not pay my amount you are fraud and keep my payment . you always pray for bad review for me you are a really jealous person
Excuse me? I lost 50% that I did pay for something that did not work, was partially completed, and delayed by over 3 months. Why should I waste my time and let my project be delayed because of someone's excuses? Can't do it? Fine. Tell me. But ask for opportunity after opportunity and lie after another and you get closer to the end of the rope. At the end I decided to cancel the project because professional developers have professionalism and ethics, and it was evidently clear you have neither.

BTW I hope you have recovered from your "life threatening disease" where you needed to stop working on doctors advise...whilst you were working on other customers add-ons.

Avoid. Fahad is the plague of developers.

haven't disappeared I wrote you that I'm done with you very explicitly. I wrote it twice, the third time was final and you still tried to tell me "give me one more chance". I don't give chances to people who lie 3 times to me and try to delay a project for 2+ months, not communicating at all, and at the end of the day when I sent the developed add-ons to a third-party developer, we found many issues that are super basic in terms of XF standards and code.
Exactly my experience too as I detailed in my initial post.

Excellent work, what can I say?

I have been working with Xenbulletins for almost two years, he has been excellent. Competent, very intelligent, a great communicator and problem solver. Anytime I need something new being made for my website he is straight onto it and delivery time is exceptional. If I ever have any issues with my website or bugs I can message Xen on Skype for immediate assistance whenever I need it, he is a true fire fighter and will put out the fires when they arise.

He tells me that anything is possible and he proves his word, whatever you can imagine, Xen can build, to a very high quality as well.

Code is written beautifully, very easy to understand and edit if needed.

10/10 and 5 stars for Xenbulletins, the best!
Thanks

Here is my experience with this guy.

I asked to develop a simple classic Add To Home screen banner for PWA functionality. Moreover, banner already well documented on google pwa documentation.

1 I paid in advance, even though I already imagined how it ended ...
2 delivery 1 month after the agreement.
3 did not do what I asked for.
4 the banner asking to install the pwa app comes out even when you are inside the app itself.
5 is a simple script made with jquery nothing special.
6 the notice to install the app also comes out to those who have an iphone !! at my request to do a check for those who use an Iphone, he asks me for more money.

Here the documentation I had given him to have an identical thing.

€ 200 thrown down the toilet.

I had a very good experience with Fahad. He kept in contact with me constantly via skype after we agreed on a price. He delivered the modification as soon as my payment cleared and it works flawlessly. No errors or problems during install or after.

I had a very good experience with Fahad. He kept in contact with me constantly via skype after we agreed on a price. He delivered the modification as soon as my payment cleared and it works flawlessly. No errors or problems during install or after.
Thanks will wait for next work from your side

I needed a small modification for my site. On my request fahad ashraf contacted me and I explained him what I needed. He wanted payment first. I agreed, but in the future I will only make down payments and when I receive the extension I will pay the rest.

Within a few days I received a first version of the modification. It worked but was not quite what I wanted yet. So I told him again what exactly I wanted. He wanted a new payment for these changes, I agreed. From my point of view, the changes could have been made as a gesture of goodwill but developers also have to eat.

After a few days I asked for an update. He wrote promptly that it still took a little while. After a little more than a week I had the final version. It works perfectly.

In general I am satisfied with the work of fahad ashraf. The price is easy to negotiate with him. Only on the customer communication he still needs to work.

If I need something again, I will contact you!

Greets.

I needed a small modification for my site. On my request fahad ashraf contacted me and I explained him what I needed. He wanted payment first. I agreed, but in the future I will only make down payments and when I receive the extension I will pay the rest.

Within a few days I received a first version of the modification. It worked but was not quite what I wanted yet. So I told him again what exactly I wanted. He wanted a new payment for these changes, I agreed. From my point of view, the changes could have been made as a gesture of goodwill but developers also have to eat.

After a few days I asked for an update. He wrote promptly that it still took a little while. After a little more than a week I had the final version. It works perfectly.

In general I am satisfied with the work of fahad ashraf. The price is easy to negotiate with him. Only on the customer communication he still needs to work.

If I need something again, I will contact you!

Greets.
Thanks will wait for next work ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom